DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NJ Underground Review of the Horrible Crowes' Elsie CD

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

NJ  Underground Review of the Horrible Crowes'  Elsie CD Empty
PostSubject: NJ Underground Review of the Horrible Crowes' Elsie CD   NJ  Underground Review of the Horrible Crowes'  Elsie CD Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:01 pm

By: James McGrath

Everyone recognizes the name and even more so the voice of New Jersey’s own Brian Fallon. From the depths of New Brunswick basements he exploded onto the scene with his band The Gaslight Anthem. 2011 sees him teaming with his guitar tech and longtime friend Ian Perkins to create the soulful Tom Waits-inspired Horrible Crowes. Elsie is a foray into the darker side of the soul music that has so clearly inspired Fallon’s writing style and vocal delivery.

This is an album full of songs that are even more stripped, bare and personal than the soul exposing words that make up Gaslight Anthem albums. There is a very Please Come Home meets Nebraska feel to it when compared to his main project. just as Dustin Kensrue and Bruce Springsteen are known for their main rock bands, respectively. There is a fuller feel to this record, with a full band supporting the New Brunswick native; Fallon’s approach is more Springsteen than Kensrue.

http://thenjunderground.com/blog/2011/8/22/album-review-the-horrible-crowes-elsie.html
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: NJ Underground Review of the Horrible Crowes' Elsie CD   NJ  Underground Review of the Horrible Crowes'  Elsie CD Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:44 pm

I need to hear this album like my life depends on it.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: NJ Underground Review of the Horrible Crowes' Elsie CD   NJ  Underground Review of the Horrible Crowes'  Elsie CD Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 7:31 pm

riversedge wrote:
I need to hear this album like my life depends on it.
let's riot and demand an early release! Razz
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: NJ Underground Review of the Horrible Crowes' Elsie CD   NJ  Underground Review of the Horrible Crowes'  Elsie CD Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Thank fuck, I was afraid for a second there that he WASN'T gonna sound like Springsteen on this record.

What would we be without album reviewers.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: NJ Underground Review of the Horrible Crowes' Elsie CD   NJ  Underground Review of the Horrible Crowes'  Elsie CD Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:58 am

Brian likes Springsteen?

I joke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NJ Underground Review of the Horrible Crowes' Elsie CD   NJ  Underground Review of the Horrible Crowes'  Elsie CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NJ Underground Review of the Horrible Crowes' Elsie CD
Page 1 of 1