DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post your band here.

Go down 
+40
Better Sense
Zach_Edelman
bringiton_ty
TGAforLIFE
TheTrevor
Hanswurst
bakerfall
Danieljsmith
Jack
steph
eremitapa
JimmyB
J_Bizness
Don Carlo
ThisMachineKillsFascists
The Angry Johnny Revue
plugga
HorribleCrowe
IrishNameAndAnInjury
rikerd21
ozfacter
loazis
Debonair
acousticbandit
thebiglebowski
JJW319
theBasemen
sidekicksuicide
spgilbert
drifter69
Harbortown
scarsrsouvenirs
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Greydiamonddesert
Holland
DeathoftheCool
simo
Philo
IKeeptheDiner
Kilgore Trout
44 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kilgore Trout
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Post your band here. Empty
PostSubject: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:37 pm

By the time I got into Gaslight, I had been in a ska-punk band for a few years already. We broke up a little over a year ago and unfortunately, there isn't enough of our old stuff online for it to be worth posting right here. However I'm now in a Ceremony-influenced hardcore band called Ignatius J. Reilly (ignatiusjreilly.bandcamp.com) and a lo-fi power pop band called Cyberbully (note: you'll see that the the songs were "written and recorded by Vin." I'm not Vin---my name is Andy--but I've since joined the band to play bass. http://cyberbully.bandcamp.com )

So give me something new to listen to!
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:59 pm

I like this idea.

http://nodicechicago.bandcamp.com/
Back to top Go down
Kilgore Trout
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 5:30 pm

Dude, I really like "Filter." Spend a little money (or just bug one of your friends) and get a studio recording ASAP!
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm

Hey guys i dont play or anything but ive just listened to both ur bands and really like them!

Kilgore when you said Ceremony did you mean the song by New Order? Cause i get a serious New Order vibe form your songs!

and IKeepTheDinner really like that song '45'! Its quality!
Back to top Go down
Kilgore Trout
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 pm

Hahaha, actually, the Ceremony I was talking about is a thrashy hardcore punk band and is the primary influence of my other band.

That said, we in Cyberbully (named for, well, you know what it's a joke about) are big Joy Division and New Order fans, and also early 90s "alternative" rock, provided it's not too grungy. Glad you liked the tunes!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:02 am

I've got nothing to share right now but I'm working on a folk-punk EP or something like that. Not sure how it will end up. I've got lots of songs but not sure which ones to use and all that.

I dig Cyber Bully, btw.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 2:41 am

Check it out, guys - one Arcade Fire cover, one original by me. Scrappy shit. This is a band called Who Wants Some Nesquick?, formed by myself and my friend Kevin. Enjoy
http://whowantssomenesquick.bandcamp.com/
Back to top Go down
Kilgore Trout
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 8:37 pm

Dope cover, Death. And simo, thanks!

Keep 'em coming, guys. I know there are musicians on here!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:35 am

Here is my band , we have just recorded an album that will be out later in the year , we are much more pop than Gaslight:

https://www.facebook.com/missedyouattheshow

@muats on twitter

We got played on XFM radio in the UK recently which was a great achievement for us.
Back to top Go down
Kilgore Trout
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:57 pm

Cool stuff, Holland. I'm interested to hear what young and underground bands are up to in England, since the vast majority of what makes it over here is straight shit. And congrats on the radio play!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:28 pm

Thanks pal , hopefully our album will get us some record /booking company interest .
Back to top Go down
Greydiamonddesert
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Greydiamonddesert

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:33 pm

This is a great topic. Here's my folk-punk band that just broke up: boomstickisaband.bandcamp.com

Kilgore: The Cyberbully stuff is really good. Let us know when you post a recording with you on it.
IKeeptheDiner: I like this a lot. It reminds me of my band with the viola. Martyr, Plumber, Mike Wazowski are all killer.
Deathofthecool: Are you planning on recording It's All Right electric? Its a well written song and I'd like to hear a version with the energy of the Arcade Fire cover.
Holland: Your recordings sound fantastic. The lyrics are great with vivid images (the car in your dad's garage, slow train and foreign currency, etc) with topics that I'm a sucker for.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:29 am

Thanks greydiamonddesert! Yeah, the Who Wants Some Nesquick stuff is just me and Kevin, the drummer from my other band, Man Made Monster, hanging out at his house. Man Made Monster plays a full electric version of It's All Right with a legit guitar solo and all that; I just decided to do that version while Kevin was getting his electric guitar so we could do Month of May.
(This is what it sounds like electric, it's a erally roughly recorded version from a show we did at school)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXaqwTIL1Lg

RIP boomstick!
i listened to complicated drinking games, I LOVE the lyrics and the little recording things like the female choir at the end of Fairfield County. Nina's Yard Blues definitely reminds me of some prom stories from my school. & after listening to the EP, ive decided you HAVE to be a fan of the Hold Steady. A Well Deserved Rest was my favorite, it definitely kicked ass, especially the final chorus, epic.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:24 am

Just started writing some acoustic-rock-ish songs with a few friends. Already starting to sound good, I'll post a link once we've recorded some stuff.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:42 am

Just started writing some acoustic-rock-ish songs with a few friends. Already starting to sound good, I'll post a link once we've recorded some stuff.
Back to top Go down
scarsrsouvenirs
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:21 pm

i've got some songs up that i've written over the past year. its pretty chill folk stuff i guess. i'd love some feedback!

www.myspace.com/jeremyrwhitemusic

also, the recordings aren't the greatest. All i have is Garageband.

Holland, i really like Suburban kids and summer song! listening to small town right now. Good stuff dude
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:52 pm

scarsrsouvenirs wrote:
i've got some songs up that i've written over the past year. its pretty chill folk stuff i guess. i'd love some feedback!

www.myspace.com/jeremyrwhitemusic

also, the recordings aren't the greatest. All i have is Garageband.

Holland, i really like Suburban kids and summer song! listening to small town right now. Good stuff dude
I've only listened to After the sun and I really really like it.

The Red at night theft was pretty obvious but still it's a seriously good song. Too bad you're not close to California, I woulda helped you record that song in a better quality.
Back to top Go down
scarsrsouvenirs
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:48 pm

Thanks! Haha yeah, i tried to make the Red At Night similarity more obvious rather than pretend i didn't steal it.

Its basically the same melody, I just wrote my own lyrics, and changed a few of the chords around. So yeah, definitely not claiming I came up with the music for that one myself.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:07 am

All this good music , we need a bands from Gaslight fans festival!!
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 7:22 pm

maybe a compilation can be made with songs from bands/artists from this forum "Dimestore Saints Vol 1".good way to get your music out! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:50 pm

thats an awesome idea
Back to top Go down
scarsrsouvenirs
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 12:13 am

yeah sounds like a great idea
Back to top Go down
spgilbert
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Hello everybody....I'm a huge fan of TGA, but just heard about this forum recently when I was looking up info for the 'This CHarming Man' vinyl. Anyway, since I saw this post, I decided to register and post some of my music too. Most of this stuff is rough mixes of a new CD that we are working on. Let me know what you think. Thank you!

www . reverbnation . com/lastinlineva (my band)
www . reverbnation . com/stevegilbert (my solo stuff)

edit: hmm....new members can't post links for 7 days. I hope that what i just did above won't be breaking the rules. I could probably spend a lot of time at this site.
Back to top Go down
Greydiamonddesert
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Greydiamonddesert

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:01 pm

A compilation sounds like fun! Even if its just a free bandcamp download, it exposes all of all our hardcore fans to each other.

@DeathoftheCool: Thats what I'm talking about. Its hard to hear but you can tell it rocks. And yes, I love the Hold Steady and it shows on those songs. The National Weather... is a total knock off of a song by Craig Finn's old band LFTR PLLR.

@scarsrsouvenirs: Just listened to By the James and After the Sun. I liked the guitar at the end of James. Don't worry about sounding too much Red at Night. We all sound a little like our influences sometimes (as I admitted to above) and Red at Night sounds exactly like Way Over Yonder in a Minor Key.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:32 pm

Awesome idea man. I could surely scrounge up a track for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post your band here.
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next