DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post your band here.

Go down 
+40
Better Sense
Zach_Edelman
bringiton_ty
TGAforLIFE
TheTrevor
Hanswurst
bakerfall
Danieljsmith
Jack
steph
eremitapa
JimmyB
J_Bizness
Don Carlo
ThisMachineKillsFascists
The Angry Johnny Revue
plugga
HorribleCrowe
IrishNameAndAnInjury
rikerd21
ozfacter
loazis
Debonair
acousticbandit
thebiglebowski
JJW319
theBasemen
sidekicksuicide
spgilbert
drifter69
Harbortown
scarsrsouvenirs
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Greydiamonddesert
Holland
DeathoftheCool
simo
Philo
IKeeptheDiner
Kilgore Trout
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
sidekicksuicide
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sidekicksuicide

Post your band here. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:53 pm

I'm the lead singer and trombone player for the band Atombender. We're a pop-punk band with horns (Less Than Jake meets the Get Up Kids maybe). Here's our facebook account: www.facebook.com/atombender

We actually have our newest album written, and it's the best 11 songs we've ever made. If you could find some kindness in your heart and throw a little money towards our Kickstarter account, you would make my day. Thank you so much if you happen to donate! Here's the link: http://kck.st/atombender
Back to top Go down
Kilgore Trout
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:12 pm

I'd be into a compilation, actually. If somebody wanted to throw together a mediafire and a quickie album cover I'm sure we'd all get a little more attention by way of people lurking the forum.

Also, how do you guys prefer recording? I've done the whole studio thing, and with our budget and the dude's pro-but-low-end equipment, we had a slick, nice, but cheap-sounding EP at the end of it all (though not bad for $300 before paying to press the thing). With my newer bands I've done a live recording with Pro Tools that we then warmed up and toned down by releasing the work on cassette, and the Cyberbully stuff is just Garageband across the room from my buddy's drum kit and amps. While that's not our intended final product, it's pretty damn close. I've found that I'd rather have a well done lo-fi recording than a cheapy slick one. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
spgilbert
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:28 pm

i've done a bunch of different recordings, from live shows to studios doing a ton of overdubs to acoustic bedroom recordings. my favorite way to do stuff is to record live in a studio. you can still end up with a raw sound, but can fix big huge mess ups without having to go back and re-do the whole thing. for the newest CD that we are working on, we have done everything live in 1 or 2 takes with hardly any overdubs at all.

having said all of that, my absolute favorite recording that i was ever a part of was at my first band's practice room. we had our friend run all of us through a crappy sound board which he recorded on an old reel to reel tape machine. the only overdubs were when we brought in 15 or so of our friends to 'sing' the backup vocals. we recorded 13 songs, but only ended up with 7 because we accidentally destroyed the 2nd tape. we paid him a bottle of whiskey to record us.
Back to top Go down
spgilbert
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:30 pm

btw: i know i'm new here, but i would love to get in on this compilation thing. if you give me a name for it, i can probably make a decent 'album cover'.
Back to top Go down
scarsrsouvenirs
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 3:09 pm

I put up a new song i wrote over the weekend. It's called "Irene". hehe
www.myspace.com/jeremyrwhitemusic/music/songs/irene-83919922
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 10:39 am

i have mp3 songs of "Who Wants Some Nesquick" "No Dice Chicago" "Missed You At The Show" "Cyberbully" "Boomstick" & "John Zakarias". If others want in with this compilation then send me mp3s and i will start compiling songs that fit for this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 9:21 am

Check out my band: The Naked Sweat Drips. We're Dutch and inspired by '60 and '70 rock 'n roll! I'm the leadsinger and inspired by Springsteen, Fallon and Block (from the Belgian band Triggerfinger). We're releasing an EP in the autumn, we're looking forward to it! Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094031993
Feel free to ask questions Very Happy

Greetings,
Steve
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 4:39 am

Here we are playing The Gaslight Anthem's 1930:

Not great quality, while the camera got too close to the stage a few times, but at least it's something...

Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:17 pm

School project, we wrote and recorded a song in 2 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elcQodc0VzA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:57 pm

StopAndSlideToTheRight wrote:

Nice!
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:59 pm

I know it isn't what most of you usually listen to but it was good fun. I played guitar and bass.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:03 pm

StopAndSlideToTheRight wrote:

that was awesome. Like Adele meets a jazz club. Anything else you guys have?

Here's a few of myself (red hair, hat, blue shirt) and the band

and an open mic here at school playing "Mr. Brightside"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150277424031903&set=t.100000245494425&type=3&theater
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:47 pm

Heres my bands new website , we also have a single out on iTunes on the 28th of November so if you could all, or some of you , or one of you could download it i would be more than happy :

http://www.missedyouattheshow.com/
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Hey Holland, you're pretty handsome. No homo.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:16 pm

Well thanks, you should be my wingman or something, i need the help, i have been told i look like Brian in my picture but i don't think so really, maybe the hair.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:33 pm

It's not far off.

I could be like Ryan Gosling in Crazy Stupid Love, giving you a new wardrobe. It wouldn't be all preppy and fancy though. Just really stylish. You'd be showering in swagger.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:51 pm

haha that would be awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:22 pm

Theres a small preview of my bands first single here : http://www.missedyouattheshow.com/
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Holland wrote:
Theres a small preview of my bands first single here : http://www.missedyouattheshow.com/

Not bad. Your singer reminds me of Tim from Rise Against (with a lot less screaming).
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:40 pm

haha cool, thanks for listening!!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:20 pm

I think the singer sounds like Mike Kinsella (Owen).
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 11:25 am

Ten songs for the compilation so far,anybody else in?

Willie Versteeg - Vitamin D
Who Wants Some Nesquick - It's All Right (Acoustic)
Stefan Kollee - I'm A Cowboy
No Dice, Chicago - Filter 45
Missed You At The Show - Suburban Kids
John Zackarias - Great Expectations
Cyberbully - Big Major
Chris Fox - Tin Pan Alley
Boomstick - A Well Deserved Rest
Beard Of Spiders - Spilt Malk
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
spgilbert
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 12:29 pm

Id like to get in on this, but we aren't mixing our cd until Monday. Can I send you a song then? Otherwise, I can just send you a rough mix of one of our songs.
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 1:50 pm

Haha, my most stupid song is in this list. I'd prefer Trying to Communicate (lyrics by Boulevard Police).
I'm A Cowboy was recorded as a joke for the drummer of my band. 'Cause actually:

I'm not a cowboy.
Back to top Go down
Kilgore Trout
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Hell yes! I'm so stoked this is happening. I know I was MIA for awhile, but this rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   Post your band here. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post your band here.
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next