DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"

Go down 
+9
Stevearm
Pip
Ed von Schleck
lhdez
liveit
geezfools
Jukebox Romeo
JoshRaymond
e7c
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 4:48 am

honestly, i'm kinda disappointed by it after one listen. doesn't have the same energy, the same heart. it feels tired
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:34 am

nvm i take it back. this album's really addicting and really catchy. been stuck in my head for days. i've been alternating this album and the A,IHN discography (only 11 songs) for the past few days
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:47 am

I listened to this on the way home from work (I have an hour long commute) and was not a fan of it. Some songs were good, but it was nowhere near as powerful as their previous releases.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:03 pm

yeah, that was my first reaction. give it another listen, it'll grow on you. not as much bite as their older stuff, but it's still pretty catchy
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:46 pm

i agree that the lyrics are not as catchy as some of there other songs but its a good album
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:08 pm

I am going up to Richmond Va to see them play next month! Rock!
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 4:32 am

Jammy git, I checked these guys out on your recommendation and absolutely got addicted to American Rubicon. Want me one of those bandannas they wear on the artwork.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 4:48 am

I'm seeing them next Sunday with Dead To Me. Stoked!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:26 am

Double jammy git, really loving dead to Me at the moment. The song little brother rocks my world.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:31 am

"Jammy Git" what in the world does that mean? I have never heard that expression before but I love it... I am going to start to refering to things as Jammy Git!
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Jammy git is an expression to describe someone of the lucky persuasion.

i.e. Bloke " I just found a wallet containing 300 pounds, a winning lottery ticket and naked photos of Christina aguilera"

Me " You Jammy Git!"
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:24 pm

I swear I am going to try and refer to at least ten people in the next week as being "Jammy Git"

...I am sure this is going to go over well at work.
Back to top Go down
Rutger

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:21 am

e7c,

I'm pretty sure you're the only guy with a kilt that ran into an Irish guy at the Dead to Me/Cobra Skulls/Strike Anywhere show this evening. I'm pretty well sauced right now and am about to turn around and collapse into bed with my lovely girlfriend, but I hope you made it home well and safe. When I can read a spot better, I hope to see where the register button on this thing is. The up of it, is that I remembered the site name, and your username, thanks in part to seeing your ugly mug yuking it up with the band in a previously quoted post. Cheers. Thanks for being a great sport this evening. Hope you made it home well and good. It's coming down like a motherfucker. Not favourable to travel.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:17 am

Rutger, glad to see you found the forum! The show last night was a ton of fun! After the show I went back to my friend Chris' place, crashed for a few hours, got up at 3:30am and got on the road! I am already back home in NC!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:24 am

as most of you gather from the last 2 posts, I saw The Cobra Skulls last night and man was it a great show! First off the line up was amazing Useless ID, Dead to Me, Cobra Skulls and Strike Anywhere!

As I was walking around the show I walked by Adam of the Cobra Skulls and he stopped me and says "hey, we've met before haven't we" I told him that indeed we had and he even remembered that it was in some small place in Germany. Needless to say it felt good to be remembered! When I ran into Devon a few minutes later he also remembered who I was... radical.

The show was great and the Cobra Skulls were on point! They played mainly songs off of American Rubicon (which was my album of the year for 2009). And closed with Che. As many of you know they got a new drummer, Luke, and this is his first tour with them... Luke did a great, he is a mighty fine addition to the band. My only complaint was that they were not the closing band so there set was not nearly long enough! and they did not play 2 of my favorite songs (Ode to Jefferson and Streets of Cairo).

They did sign a record for Monk-o-tron, so her awesome record collection got even better!
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:32 pm

Listening to their stuff on MySpace and it sounds exactly like my kinda thing!

Thanks for the thread! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:02 pm

I bought Monk-o-tron a cobra skulls t-shirt but was actually worried that she would think it was too scary... boy was I wrong! She loves it! We played an exciting game of "kick the ball" and then stopped to smell the flowers. The second photo really makes her look like an emo kid...

Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Img_0410
during an exciting game of Kick The Ball

Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Img_0411
Monk-o-tron is an emo kid!?!? Say it ain't so!

Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Cobra_10
even emo kids need their sippy cups
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:00 pm

wow, she is really cute on that last picture! Like the size of that t-shirt...
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:10 am

thanks, I found an instructable about turning a t-shirt into a kid's dress... I think I am going to give it a shot!

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-toddler-dress-from-a-t-shirt/
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:49 am

Were they selling the cobra skull bandannas at the gig? really want on of those to tie round my face and lurk about the park at night! How were Dead to Me at the gig? Really loving African Elephant at the moment.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:55 am

JadedGoober7 wrote:
Were they selling the cobra skull bandannas at the gig? really want on of those to tie round my face and lurk about the park at night! How were Dead to Me at the gig? Really loving African Elephant at the moment.

Yeah, they were selling the bandannas, I bought one! I can't wait till I get my Harley fixed and ride down the road with it tied around my face!

Dead to Me were really good. They sure have a lot of energy when they perform. I got to speak with Chicken for a few minutes after the show. He actually remembered who I was, even though I hadn't seen him in almost 3 years!
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:19 pm

Well those two bands are on my must see list, I'll go anywhere in England to see either of them.

People seem polarised about your man Chicken...he seems to do a lot of shit talking about other bands/people...youthful exuberance you think???

and I'm gonna get me one of those bandannas you spawny git!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:42 pm

the skulls signed to fat wreck chords today
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Check out the Cobra Skulls facebook page photo... see anyone familiar?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/cobraskulls?ref=ts

it's MONK-O-TRON! How cool is that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"   Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cobra Skulls are "Jammy Git!"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2