DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lack of American Slang on 2011 tour

Go down 
+2
Harbortown
Christophe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Lack of American Slang on 2011 tour Empty
PostSubject: Lack of American Slang on 2011 tour   Lack of American Slang on 2011 tour Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:10 am

I've noticed that on Gaslight's 2011 tour so far they haven't played many songs from their most recent album American Slang. Some of my favourite songs like Stay Lucky, The Spirit of Jazz, Boxer and Old Haunts seem to have been removed from most setlists they've done this summer. I know Gaslight likes to change up the setlist for different shows which is definitely refreshing but I just hope they haven't decided to permanently not play these songs again in favour of more songs from The '59 Sound. Obviously they will have a new album coming out next year and I just wonder how many songs from American Slang they will play then at their shows. Hopefully they will bring these songs back at some point and maybe they are just having a break from some of these songs. What do you guys think? Are you in favour of them playing more songs from The '59 Sound than American Slang, especially as American Slang is their most recent album?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Lack of American Slang on 2011 tour   Lack of American Slang on 2011 tour Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:34 am

Sure, it's been a year since they released American Slang, but I think they should still be focusing on songs from that album. At least more than they are now.

I mean they didn't even play Bring it on in Gothenburg, which is really strange seeing as it's a single and everything.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Lack of American Slang on 2011 tour   Lack of American Slang on 2011 tour Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:29 am

Well, thing to bare in mind is that they played a hell of a lot of American Slang over tours around and after the album release. The album cycle is now over, so I guess they can play what they like...my guess is they are maybe a little tired of playing some American Slang songs just at the moment cos they've played them so much, and so some '59 Sound songs have reappeared. I'm sure they will be back Smile.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Lack of American Slang on 2011 tour   Lack of American Slang on 2011 tour Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:48 pm

I think it is INCREDIBLE and AWESOME that they play whatever set they feel like playing on a given night, when bands feel obligated to play singles, I think the shows lose something because it isn't the band just playing, it's the band doing something to try to gain fame or success.

I love that they go out and have a good time playing what they feel like, it makes everything feel natural, not forced and simply perfect to me.

I don't care if we hear the "hits" or "fan favorites" or "singles", I care that it's a genuine reflection of what the band wants to be doing in that moment.
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Lack of American Slang on 2011 tour   Lack of American Slang on 2011 tour Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:09 pm

It was about a year ago, but when they played their only show in Detroit after AS they played every song I believe except Orphans and WDIWWWY.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Lack of American Slang on 2011 tour   Lack of American Slang on 2011 tour Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:23 pm

for 2011 tour stats (probably incomplete) see http://www.setlist.fm/stats/the-gaslight-anthem-2bd644fa.html?year=2011
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lack of American Slang on 2011 tour   Lack of American Slang on 2011 tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lack of American Slang on 2011 tour
Page 1 of 1