DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition

Go down 
+4
fullcollapse
brucesboots
PFREEZY
steady now steady now
8 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Empty
PostSubject: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:14 pm

[I've been having a break from the net, but I don't think this has been posted yet:]

from http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/pop-rock/american-slang-tour-edition/631526

American Slang

One pressing only, 2CD Australian only Tour Edition with 6 bonus tracks.

Track Listing

Disc 1
American Slang
Stay Lucky
Bring It On
The Diamond Church Street Choir
The Queen of Lower Chelsea
Orphans
Boxer
Old Haunts
The Spirit of Jazz
We Did It When We Were Young

Bonus Disc
American Slang (acoustic)
Boxer (acoustic)
The Queen Of Lower Chelsea (acoustic)
Antonia Jane (Lightning Dust cover)
Tumbling Dice (prev. 7" only)
She Loves You (prev. 7" only)

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:36 am

Damn that is cool. I'd like one, but don't want to order from that place.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:06 pm

works out to about £20 with shipping to the UK, not sure i will bother, with different colour vinyls, cd, promo cd I have Slang LP 6 times already, do I really need another one ?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:26 pm

I'm positively surprised that noone has moaned about this (yet), as re-issues with bonus tracks are a gripe of many people, me included (and Brian said last year that he wasn't keen on quick bonus re-issues either). In this case though, all the bonus tracks were available already, though not on CD (though I don't think TQoLC was ever offered as a free download, unlike AS and Boxer, assuming these are the KEXP ones).

Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Yep, I remember the chat we had with Brian and him saying exactly that about re-issues , think our chat started along the lines of She loves you not being on the album, can we find out if all the bonus tracks are the same versions ? Im not sure how well the album etc has done in Australia, I guess the arguement could be that this re-issue is only for the Australian market .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:26 pm

32 bucks to ship to USA....imma pass
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:09 am

Surprised they didn't include the Fake Problems cover on this release, since all we ever got was a low-quality mp3 of it.

Also, was the Antonia Jane (Lightning Dust cover) track available before this release?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:28 am

blugel wrote:
Also, was the Antonia Jane (Lightning Dust cover) track available before this release?

good point; I don't think it was available other than as a boot

Last edited by steady now steady now on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:48 pm

I know for a fact that it doesn't cost that much to ship to the US. Price gouging at its finest.

I listen to Antonia Jane all the time, it's gorgeous. Tried to listen to the original. Couldn't stand it.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:53 am

arrived today

American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition ASAustralianToured1

American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition ASAustralianToured2
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:05 pm

Did this have a new version of Antonia Jane, or was it like this radio show recording Brian did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHKg0BCDnN0

If so, where can I find it online?
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:38 am

Radio version still mate its not a studio one. The acoustics on disc 2 are form the same radio session see the audio master list its on there but can't just remember which show it was.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Ah, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 9:55 am

Im getting this sent over for about £20, worth having in my collection Id say. One thing I would sya is that they could have picked better radio shows to include on the disc. As good as he performs Antonia Jane, he does go wrong with the lyrics. Similarly he also gets the lyrics wrong on Miles Davis and The Cool B side on Great Expectations single. Why include songs that he goes wrong on when there are so many other performances where he doesn't. They still make for good listening I guess...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:19 am

Anybody know if this is likely to be for sale in New Zealand? I'm taking 4 weeks off work and doing a road trip out there starting at Christmas so I could pick one up (and maybe a couple more for anyone interested).

Edit - also found on amazon.co.uk for £16.35 incl UK shipping. The exchange rate's pretty poor at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 11:19 am

Yeah I just got mine for around that price, received it yesterday. Its not wrapped but it looks in mint condition so I was chuffed. It took a month to get here though and I bought it from a seller on amazon, kinda like a music overstocks place so it sounf=ds like youre looking at the same thing as me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:05 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
Yeah I just got mine for around that price, received it yesterday. Its not wrapped but it looks in mint condition so I was chuffed. It took a month to get here though and I bought it from a seller on amazon, kinda like a music overstocks place so it sounf=ds like youre looking at the same thing as me.
Yea that sounds about right.

Its worth that much as I've wanted a CD version of She Loves You for a while and it meant I didn't have to bid on the Tumbling Dice promo which recently went on ebay for £18!
Back to top Go down
songs like a comfort
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
songs like a comfort

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:23 am

Hi.
I can´t find that one either at amazon or iTunes confused

Is it sold out or only available somewhere in Australia?
Where did you guys get it and can I get it there too right now?
Thanks for any help...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 3:52 pm

songs like a comfort wrote:
Hi.
I can´t find that one either at amazon or iTunes confused

Is it sold out or only available somewhere in Australia?
Where did you guys get it and can I get it there too right now?
Thanks for any help...
This this - AU$25 but free postage to Europe apparently. Pretty good price.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GASLIGHT-ANTHEM-AMERICAN-SLANG-TOUR-EDITION-2-/120873268857?pt=AU_Audio_CDs&hash=item1c249bb679#ht_500wt_922
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 3:54 pm

markbarlow wrote:

This this - AU$25 but free postage to Europe apparently. Pretty good price.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GASLIGHT-ANTHEM-AMERICAN-SLANG-TOUR-EDITION-2-/120873268857?pt=AU_Audio_CDs&hash=item1c249bb679#ht_500wt_922

9 AU dollars postage
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:09 pm

Hmm, not sure its worth AU$34 - great to have She Loves You on CD but I wasn't that impressed with the acoustic versions of the other songs.

If you want it, its not THAT much to pay for an out of print CD I guess. And its only going to get harder to come by.
Back to top Go down
songs like a comfort
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
songs like a comfort

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:00 am

Thank you guys!

Just ordered... I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:24 pm

songs like a comfort wrote:
Thank you guys!

Just ordered... I love you
Enjoy! Let us know what you think when its arrived and you've had a listen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition   American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Slang 2CD Australian Tour Edition
Page 1 of 1