DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"

Go down 
+37
Ghost
Joe Jack
thebiglebowski
Templeton
mingus
colmillionaire
fullcollapse
Ryan
The Angry Johnny Revue
Sinngh
steady now steady now
JJW319
StopAndSlideToTheRight
theratman
RobertODonnell
kuruptlon
Jay
Gaslight23
steph
J_Schooly
Tiffany
bringiton
loazis
Philo
Harbortown
Holland
bablor
plugga
LuceroDiehard
ksupilot
vamike
Labhras
enola
carryon820
Kosburn59
simo
CluckyB
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:21 pm

bobbyw24 wrote:
steph wrote:

i loooove it. wish i could download it and listen to it all day long! im super excited for the whole album.

You CAN download it. Go to this site

http://www.video2mp3.net/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1TWBGDUStMM%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded&hq=1

muchos gracias!
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:22 pm

steph wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:
steph wrote:

i loooove it. wish i could download it and listen to it all day long! im super excited for the whole album.

You CAN download it. Go to this site

http://www.video2mp3.net/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1TWBGDUStMM%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded&hq=1

muchos gracias!

You're welcome
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:37 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
I'm an album person also so not sure how I feel about this preview.

The thing is that it sounds similar to TGA. If I wasn't a diehard fan than I wouldn't know the difference.

I suppose that they didn't want to use the slowest, saddest tracks on the album as a preview: you have to hear those in full length + in combination with the other songs, I guess... So if they pick a more "up-tempo" song for a preview, it's almost bound to sound a little bit like TGA: it still is the same guy who writes and sings the songs Smile

Last edited by fluppebxl on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:48 pm

didnt get a TGA vibe at all, save the same vocals.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:03 pm

JJW319 wrote:
didnt get a TGA vibe at all, save the same vocals.

Agreed. Brian's voice is the extent of the similarity for me and I'd be a little creeped out if it didn't sound like him at all!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Yes!! I'm so much more excited now. I can't wait until I know every song on the album by heart. At least I hope that happens!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:59 am

I am definitely in love with Betty.
And I agree that it has a touch of TGA in it but I think that's only because of Brian singing. The music and the lyrics don't remind me too much of any TGA stuff.

I really hope tehy're gonna play some of the songs at the Revival Tour. But somehow I'm not too sure about that ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Templeton
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Templeton

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:03 am

If this was only Betty, can't wait for Elsie!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:10 am

Templeton wrote:
If this was only Betty, can't wait for Elsie!

hahaha I love this way of thinking! /very drunk
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:19 am

enola wrote:
I am definitely in love with Betty.
And I agree that it has a touch of TGA in it but I think that's only because of Brian singing. The music and the lyrics don't remind me too much of any TGA stuff.

I really hope tehy're gonna play some of the songs at the Revival Tour. But somehow I'm not too sure about that ...
I believe Brian said on the HTC blog that he was in fact gonna play THC material during the tour so you shouldn't worry too much about it!
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:27 am

I like what I hear so far, but I'm not blown away or anything like that. I guess it's kind of hard to be mesmerized by a short clip anyway. Like "steady now steady now" said, the track sounds as if it is building up to something.

I think there's noticeable similarities and differences to TGA. Personally, I'm glad that it carries some resemblance to TGA, as I was a bit worried when hearing Brian's description/comparison to other bands (so glad I don't hear Tom Waits in there). I was hoping Brian wasn't trying too hard/being forceful to obtain a "weird" type of sound on purpose, but according to this clip, it's not like that at all. I think the most prominent similarity to TGA that I recognize (other than Brian's voice of course) is the lyrical tone/message. It's a little darker, but I hope the rest of the album portrays a bit more of a darker/moodier feel. The piano was good to hear and something outside of typical TGA music. I can see why Brian felt the two bands needed to be separate though, with exception to lyrics..... as the lyrics to this track could've easily been used as a TGA song in my opinion.

Overall, it was good to hear something to allow us some idea of what THC may sound like, but I wish it was an entire track. It has me excited for the single which should include more than a clip, right? Can't wait for preorder options........can't wait to have a copy in my possession!!!
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:09 pm

That's a LOT of reverb in the vocals
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 6:53 pm

thebiglebowski wrote:
That's a LOT of reverb in the vocals
Hmm, didn't really notice that, it's not as fat as on '59s at least ^^. It's just a double vocal line most of the time.

Back to top Go down
Joe Jack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Joe Jack

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:27 pm

I really haven't been a fan of Brian's recorded vocals on anything past SATQ. IMO there's too much delay and effects on the '59 sound. I'm fine with a bit of reverb, but the more raw the better.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 5:17 pm

Preview is...intriguing. I mean, I think I'm going to love the album, but from all Brian's said, the clips a little underwhelming. Which is probably because there is so much more to the album Smile
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 5:40 pm

Y'know at first I was a tiny bit disappointed. I thought it was great, but not what I expected. Then I just kept playing it over and over again and now I'm in love with it and can't wait for the rest of the track and album.
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:43 am

Anyone else notice that ratchet sounding thing in the background?
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:58 pm

thebiglebowski wrote:
Anyone else notice that ratchet sounding thing in the background?

Yes, I believe it can also be heard in The Navesink Banks (:
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:25 pm

sounds good but like steady now said, i can't make much off that short clip, gotta wait till the album comes out to make the veridict (probably 10/10 =P)
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:37 pm

Doesn't sound dark at all (the way Brian's been hyping it) but I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as his descriptions of albums past haven't exactly been perfect.

It sounds great, though, so that's really all that matters.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 2:52 pm

Does nobody else hear Queen of Lower Chelsea in the chorus? "Working full time and spending most of your..." sounds like it could be plugged into where Brian sings "Looking Black Betty what they're tying to you..." Vocal arrangment is slightly different but the guitar part sounds the same. Sounds like it may be the same part in a different key?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:17 pm

It's not the same part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"    LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LISTEN to The Horrible Crowes "Black Betty & The Moon"
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3