DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your music! (any and all types are welcome)

Go down 
+40
Hombie
brianpd
Chris Riot
loazis
Romain
NotLikeWeBleed
xxxje
Debonair
pepperedham
Yozzy
The Angry Johnny Revue
kappanera
33RPMHero
Hanswurst
Folke
NoSurrender
BossTime
bringiton_ty
Anya_TGA
ThereIsAThunder
zerb012345
TheMagnificentDreamer
elliott4296
The Last Jukebox Romeo
TGAFAN25
JimmyB
maxhoar
DeathoftheCool
Jack
HolyBreakOfDay
Holland
Harbortown
enola
Zach_Edelman
Jerseyrain
scarsrsouvenirs
simo
GraveRobbers
IKeeptheDiner
AngryJohnnyN1930
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:37 pm

So, how do those lyrics sound for a first draft?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Quote :
Never hitting the bars or the club sene
Quote :
Can I buy you a drink, make it drinks for two
They know me here, I'm a regular
I always stop by, so they say I'm right
These two kinda seem to conflict a little bit.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 2:12 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Quote :
Quote :
It's a progression like in a story.  The first verse is how the main character was before he saw the girl, and how he's changing and growing out of his shell.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 12:42 am

Harbortown wrote:
Quote :
Quote :
This was actually the first thing I thought when reading them over.

I'm not sure what songs you're referring to in the chorus.

I think it's interesting but I'm not sure the character's actions/feelings match up. Tell us more about the character that validates how he feels, I think that could really bring empathy to him which would make it connect.

(Obviously these are just my own biased opinions and have absolutely no critical merit or anything, just some thoughts!)
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:41 am

JimmyB wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Quote :
Quote :
It's a progression like in a story.  The first verse is how the main character was before he saw the girl, and how he's  changing and growing out of his shell.
Yeah but literally overnight you turn into a regular at a bar? That doesn't really make much sense. It looks less like a progression and more like a plot hole.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:49 am

Would you rewrite the first verse or add another?
Back to top Go down
TheMagnificentDreamer
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TheMagnificentDreamer

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Got our first demo up online Smile

https://soundcloud.com/mudemusic/poetsand-prophits-demo
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 3:18 am

TheMagnificentDreamer wrote:
Got our first demo up online Smile

https://soundcloud.com/mudemusic/poetsand-prophits-demo
I like this tune. Keep it up. The vocalist in particular has some interesting stuff going on. Everyone is carrying their weight but he definitely holds my interest throughout the song.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 12:20 pm

Just recorded a rough draft of this song that I'm working on. I'm working in kind of a different way than I normally do, in that there's not really a traditional intro-verse-chorus arrangement but rather it's just...verses and non-verses. Like a traditional folk song I guess.

Anyway here's the (again: unfinished) song if you wanna take a listen and tell me what you think, do give constructive criticism if you see it fit:
https://soundcloud.com/deirenza/song-draft
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 12:27 pm

I like it I really do. Let us know when you get the "finished" one up. Then again, I love the "rough Garage sound".
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 2:18 pm

This makes think a lot of a song, I don't know wich one anymore... maybe society of Eddie Vedder... a mix of that and Lady in black from Uriah Heep for the aaaahaaaa (don't take it bad I love those two songs). I like it a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 2:56 pm

Love those synths shining through at the end, John. Your delivery definitely seems to be the strongest aspect of your music, and I think this would sound really cool in a full band arrangement.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 2:57 pm

WOW! it's really good, I like it,  you've a good voice
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Harbortown, you talented bastard. Seriously, you do have the incredibly rare gift of just having an unmistakably engrossing vocal tone. Regardless of what you sing I will pay attention. And you're good at the other stuff, so you don't even need to rely on it.

Continue posting stuff and I will listen every time.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 4:38 am

JimmyB wrote:
I like it  I really do.  Let us know when you get the "finished" one up.  Then again, I love the "rough Garage sound".
Thanks a lot man. Yeah I don't actually mind the simpler production, I think in the end what matters the most is that the song is good.

HolyBreakOfDay wrote:
This makes think a lot of a song, I don't know wich one anymore... maybe society of Eddie Vedder... a mix of that and Lady in black from Uriah Heep for the aaaahaaaa (don't take it bad I love those two songs). I like it a lot.
Yeah I definitely wanted to get kind of a Society feeling for this song, I've actually tried to achieve that pretty much since when I started writing acoustic songs but I think I hit the spot this time.

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Love those synths shining through at the end, John. Your delivery definitely seems to be the strongest aspect of your music, and I think this would sound really cool in a full band arrangement.
Actually they're guitars! I just put an echo effect on them and cranked it the fuck up. I can't really imagine the song being played with a full band though, like what kinda style do you reckon it would best be performed in?

Anya_TGA wrote:
WOW! it's really good, I like it, you've a good voice
Thank you Smile

Jack wrote:
Harbortown, you talented bastard. Seriously, you do have the incredibly rare gift of just having an unmistakably engrossing vocal tone. Regardless of what you sing I will pay attention. And you're good at the other stuff, so you don't even need to rely on it.

Continue posting stuff and I will listen every time.
Wow, that's just...incredibly humbling, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 7:18 am

I got a video my brother made of a band we played in The Knuckle Downs. We wanted to redo the track as its quite flat at times but we never got the chance. The band is finished now but if anyone wants a look here's the link Smile any feedback or criticism would be appreciated (but be gentle haha) Thaks everyone Smile

https://youtu.be/Av9o6InF4Go
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 2:54 pm

Quick cover of "Learnin' to Fly"by Tom Petty

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=734003003292126&l=6733670139641815441
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:25 pm

https://soundcloud.com/guitarjimmy/before-we-grow-old There we Go. First original I uploaded to SoundCloud.
Back to top Go down
ThereIsAThunder
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:40 pm

JimmyB wrote:
https://soundcloud.com/guitarjimmy/before-we-grow-old  There we Go.  First original I uploaded to SoundCloud.
You're going to ruin your guitar if you keep playing underwater. Cool song though.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:49 pm

ThereIsAThunder wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
https://soundcloud.com/guitarjimmy/before-we-grow-old  There we Go.  First original I uploaded to SoundCloud.
You're going to ruin your guitar if you keep playing underwater. Cool song though.
I don't have a mixing board, so I had to use the computer mic for it...and I don't have to money to buy the USB to hook up my shure mic.
Back to top Go down
ThereIsAThunder
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:58 pm

JimmyB wrote:
ThereIsAThunder wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I don't have a mixing board, so I had to use the computer mic for it...and I don't have to money to buy the USB to hook up my shure mic.
Fair enough. Keep writing man.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 8:02 pm

Jimmy, question: does your speaking voice have the same tone as your singing voice?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Jack wrote:
Jimmy, question: does your speaking voice have the same tone as your singing voice?
I've been fighting a bit of phlegm in my throat.  So yeah it gets a bit scratchy.  But yeah, I have a bit of the same kind of singing voice. Why, is my singing voice that bad?
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 12:04 am

what are the lyrics to this one?
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 12:33 am

im jealous of your twelve string, jimmy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your music! (any and all types are welcome)
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next