DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your music! (any and all types are welcome)

Go down 
+40
Hombie
brianpd
Chris Riot
loazis
Romain
NotLikeWeBleed
xxxje
Debonair
pepperedham
Yozzy
The Angry Johnny Revue
kappanera
33RPMHero
Hanswurst
Folke
NoSurrender
BossTime
bringiton_ty
Anya_TGA
ThereIsAThunder
zerb012345
TheMagnificentDreamer
elliott4296
The Last Jukebox Romeo
TGAFAN25
JimmyB
maxhoar
DeathoftheCool
Jack
HolyBreakOfDay
Holland
Harbortown
enola
Zach_Edelman
Jerseyrain
scarsrsouvenirs
simo
GraveRobbers
IKeeptheDiner
AngryJohnnyN1930
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 2:52 am

JimmyB wrote:
Jack wrote:
Jimmy, question: does your speaking voice have the same tone as your singing voice?
I've been fighting a bit of phlegm in my throat.  So yeah it gets a bit scratchy.  But yeah, I have a bit of the same kind of singing voice.  Why, is my singing voice that bad?
It's not your voice, it's your technique. Gotta work on that because you're out of key quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:09 am

Harbortown wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Jack wrote:
Jimmy, question: does your speaking voice have the same tone as your singing voice?
I've been fighting a bit of phlegm in my throat.  So yeah it gets a bit scratchy.  But yeah, I have a bit of the same kind of singing voice.  Why, is my singing voice that bad?
It's not your voice, it's your technique. Gotta work on that because you're out of key quite a bit.
True. Work on that and then worry about the tone.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
scarsrsouvenirs
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 1:44 pm

i live in Richmond, VA and like to write and play music around town. i recently recorded an album at a friend of mines home studio and really like how it turned out. if you got a minute, give it a listen and let me know what you think.

http://jwhiterva.bandcamp.com/
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 4:02 pm

I like it a lot! You've got a beautiful voice. I downloaded it to give it a better listen tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 3:24 am

I wanted to start 2014 off by recording a song I had written a while back. I realize it's not great, it was my first song, and I can't sing a note for my life, so don't hate too bad. (trying to find someone who can actually sing). The recording quality isn't great...bear with me.
Anyway, if you can't understand what I'm saying, the lyrics are in the description. Gotta remember, it's my first song.
But if it really sucks, tell me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af1TXLVmPKo&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 12:37 pm

Lyrics to an original working title of "Used up and burned up town"...but I may write something else with that title as well

This town was a like whiskey bottle
Full of drunks, and burning dreams
Now, there's just a little left behind
In the bottom in the bar

Now I'm back here walking around again tonight
Cruising the empty streets
past the crumbling tumbling stores in
This used up, and burned up town

It was once a lively place
At least my grandfather told me
How the mills of the US STEEL company
Gave people some hope and faith

But then the smog killed 20 souls
on a strange halloween night
Choking, and struggling to breathe
In The fight of their lives

A few year later, the Donora plants pulled out
The day they left, the town got sick, and slowly died

So now I walk around this place, thinking of what had been
All the empty storefronts, the pothole infested streets.
How this town was once so great, And the people dreamed forever
Of living in this valley town, called Donora

Back to top Go down
BossTime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BossTime

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 10:47 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
I wanted to start 2014 off by recording a song I had written a while back. I realize it's not great, it was my first song, and I can't sing a note for my life, so don't hate too bad. (trying to find someone who can actually sing). The recording quality isn't great...bear with me.
Anyway, if you can't understand what I'm saying, the lyrics are in the description. Gotta remember, it's my first song.

i enjoyed this a lot....i'm not sure i'd add much more to it either beyond the demo form you posted. the stripped down, bare-ness of it suits the mood and lyrics so well. for me, it paints the picture of a guy stuck in limbo, sitting in a dark quiet room, with only his thoughts. keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
NoSurrender
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
NoSurrender

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 7:40 am

scarsrsouvenirs wrote:
i live in Richmond, VA and like to write and play music around town. i recently recorded an album at a friend of mines home studio and really like how it turned out. if you got a minute, give it a listen and let me know what you think.

http://jwhiterva.bandcamp.com/

This is Great! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 10:20 am

BossTime wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:

i enjoyed this a lot....i'm not sure i'd add much more to it either beyond the demo form you posted.  the stripped down, bare-ness of it suits the mood and lyrics so well.  for me, it paints the picture of a guy stuck in limbo, sitting in a dark quiet room, with only his thoughts.  keep up the good work.

Wow, thanks. I never expected anyone to really listen to it, let alone like it. That means a lot. I've been in the writing mood lately, so I HOPE to have more up soon! Thanks for the listen and kind words!
Back to top Go down
Folke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 10:01 pm

Jeremy White, that was really nice! Great voice!

Here's my band, The Sensitives, a folk-punkrock'n'roll trio from Sweden.

I would really appreciate if you'd spend 3 minutes of your life checking this out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 1:54 am

Hey guys I'm trying to get back into the whole DSS scene now that Molly & The Zombies formed and I'm glad to see a lot of y'all still around. Just to refresh, Jack, you're the one who made all those Streetcar Graffiti songs, right? I love those man, huge inspiration and you actually sent me the chords to one of my favorites and I learned that one for a friend

I'm gonna lurk this thread especially cause I love seeing the new shit you guys all come up with
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 1:51 pm

Expect a Springsteen cover out of me soon....41 Shots acoustically.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 2:47 pm

Matt L wrote:
Hey guys I'm trying to get back into the whole DSS scene now that Molly & The Zombies formed and I'm glad to see a lot of y'all still around. Just to refresh, Jack, you're the one who made all those Streetcar Graffiti songs, right? I love those man, huge inspiration and you actually sent me the chords to one of my favorites and I learned that one for a friend

I'm gonna lurk this thread especially cause I love seeing the new shit you guys all come up with

Yes indeed that was me. Thank you. Just recorded an EP at my friend's studio. It's sounding amazing. Giving the whole singer-songwriter thing a shot. Very anxious to share it with the world.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 4:44 pm

Folke wrote:

I would really appreciate if you'd spend 3 minutes of your life checking this out!

THIS.IS.AMAZING!

Jack wrote:
Matt L wrote:

Yes indeed that was me. Thank you. Just recorded an EP at my friend's studio. It's sounding amazing. Giving the whole singer-songwriter thing a shot. Very anxious to share it with the world.

GREAT! can't wait for this one. you all make so good music cheers  Clap
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 5:35 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
Folke wrote:

THIS.IS.AMAZING!

I love it too!
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:19 am

Posted some new stuff. There are a few versions of some of the songs, so listen to both if you want.
Let me know what you think.
https://soundcloud.com/wicked-thirsty/
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 2:43 pm

I have spent the last couple of weeks writing a couple songs and finally got access to a guitar(im away from home) so I wrote the guitar part for one of them. It's pretty simple, just chords. It is my first attempt at writing a song of my own. I'm proud of it though even if it isn't very good but you got to start somewhere. haha. I am going to record it on my iphone later today and post it in this thread. Kinda nervous.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 5:00 pm

Well here it is, I only practiced it for 20 minutes so it's a really rough cover that I recorded on my ipone. I'm sure as time goes on and with practice it will sound better and more polished. My voice really sounds strained and sucky on it. haha. I'm pretty proud of the lyrics though and it at least I was able to come up with some rhythm. It's called for "Urban Hymn"

https://soundcloud.com/gaslightfan59/urban-hymn-original-testing
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 6:28 pm

@zerb good jam but i kinda miss this special something which the lead part of the vocals would bring in - i guess

@33RPMHero this is great for being your first song! something around the start reminded me of one of this new Molly... songs haha :Doh and what da hell did ya do to get such an improvement of your voice?!
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 6:48 pm

Thanks Hanswurst! Haha, I don't think my voice is that great but it was pretty bad when I started singing a year and a half ago. I guess practice helped me get to the point where I am now. I still have a lot of room to improve though. Thanks for the kind words.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:31 am

thanks, we're trying to find someone to sing, but no ones accepting the offer.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:06 pm

I still need to record it, but here's the lyrics to one I wrote in literally a couple hours before an open mic Night last month,.

Life is like a freight train in oh so many ways
Once your on the railway, in one place you're never gonna stay
But just once tonight can we turn back the clock
And just go back to where we were

Baby there's a voice inside my head
That makes me want to go insane
Without you in my life
So can we go

Can we go, back to the start
Back to the fire, to an open heart
Can we hold on to this moment
back to where we were
back to where we were

Baby I've been working hard each day
I've got these 4 chords and an broken faith
I've been working for pennys a day
So don't go now

So keep on singing,
Keep on singing the blues.

I'vebeen herebefore, I know the song and Iknow the score
So keep the lock upon your door
Cause the key I have doesn't work any more

Can we go, back to the start
Back to the fire, to an open heart
Can we hold on to this moment
back to where we were
back to where we were
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:07 pm

There's a lyrics thread for this stuff, Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:14 pm

Harbor. I only posted this here, because I will be uploading a video of it within a few hours.
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:40 am

Well, I try to introduce my band, we are Endrigo and we play rock.
We just put out a new video today, a mix of our lastest recording session.
I'd love to hear what you think about it BUT....lyrics are in italian so... I don't know Very Happy 
Anyway, here's a couple of video and our pages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlXI4TMTtkQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUSUtQptPKHWi3ztd0fF3hRw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgU13f5Xkc8

www.facebook.com/endrigoband
www.soundcloud.com/endrigo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your music! (any and all types are welcome)
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next