DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dublin gig 21st november

Go down 
+12
dirk lance
chickenman
azlisa
poormrpitiful
Ryan
Daire
Henriflame
Ste
brucesboots
hynesie
Philo
Jackm590
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hynesie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Dublin gig 21st november - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin gig 21st november   Dublin gig 21st november - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:42 am

Well if ya wann get technical, The song came over the p.a, the band walked on and brian started singing along with us. So it was more karaoke than cover.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Dublin gig 21st november   Dublin gig 21st november - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:59 am

To be honest I was slightly disappointed in the show. sharks and Chuck were great, but Gaslight came out and flew through their set, there was zero crowd interaction, or interludes of chat.

the Boys are back in town and Brown Eyed Girls were probably my favourite bit of their whole set...
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Dublin gig 21st november   Dublin gig 21st november - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:11 pm

Maybe they were tired, which would actually understandable considering their tour itienary.. Since kicking off their european tour in London they've been playing almost every night, only one or two night's off in between, and if I'm not mistaken last night was the sixth night in a row they were playing, surely that has got to be exhausting....
Back to top Go down
Henriflame
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Dublin gig 21st november   Dublin gig 21st november - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:13 pm

Yeah, the crowd interaction was nothin compared to the show they played in the academy, still though i think their set list was a whopper
Back to top Go down
dirk lance
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Dublin gig 21st november   Dublin gig 21st november - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:56 pm

They also played a cover of 'Last Kiss,' which is featured on 'Lost Dogs' by Pearl Jam. I missed the start but it turned out quite well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O67kga1iAo
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Dublin gig 21st november   Dublin gig 21st november - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:35 pm

chickenman wrote:
Maybe they were tired, which would actually understandable considering their tour itienary.. Since kicking off their european tour in London they've been playing almost every night, only one or two night's off in between, and if I'm not mistaken last night was the sixth night in a row they were playing, surely that has got to be exhausting....

I think it is tiring; Europe was a lot of travel, and not in the most obvious sequence; and a seven night straight set of gigs is tough; I wonder if they pull out the stops tonight for a mega grand closer; wish I was there
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Dublin gig 21st november   Dublin gig 21st november - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:53 pm

Yeah, tell me about it. After the Oslo show I badly wanted to see another one, Stockholm being the most obvious one, but I didn't have time to make the arrangements, time off from work etc, as the gig was the next day. So instead I ended up looking at the second round of UK Dates, and found out that Newcastle, Manchester or Ednburgh would be the most convinient with flights, and Manchester on a Saturday seemed perfect, but of course I couldn't find a ticket, and flights wasn't really cheap either. Then I found out I could score tickets for the Belfast show, but it was nearly impossible to get a decent flight to Belfast from Norway. Had to spend five to eight hours flying one way, making two connections, and it was pretty expensive too. So here I am, saw one fantastic show, wishing I'd seen at least one more.

But HEY, with the festival-gig in Germany almost confirmed now, it's starting to look good for a new european tour next year, and I'll be there! Hopefully we'll get some real Gaslight shows as well!
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Dublin gig 21st november   Dublin gig 21st november - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 8:39 am

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=245869&id=143067201887

There's some pics form the gig. That's me in the last one.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Dublin gig 21st november   Dublin gig 21st november - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 2:55 pm

those are awesome!!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Dublin gig 21st november   Dublin gig 21st november - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 6:22 pm

brilliant pictures! I love the Olympia - it's such a beautiful venue!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Henriflame
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Dublin gig 21st november   Dublin gig 21st november - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 9:47 pm

its getting renovated soon me thinks
Back to top Go down
mrklenrd
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mrklenrd

PostSubject: Re: Dublin gig 21st november   Dublin gig 21st november - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:20 am

Daire wrote:

Ha turned out i was only few feet away from you the whole time. you can only see half my face though, that girls arm blocked most of me from that pic
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mrklenrd
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Dublin gig 21st november   Dublin gig 21st november - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:55 am

mrklenrd wrote:
Daire wrote:

Ha turned out i was only few feet away from you the whole time. you can only see half my face though, that girls arm blocked most of me from that pic

omg, you are SO CUTE. your picture with brian is an explosion of cute.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Zeebs07
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Dublin gig 21st november   Dublin gig 21st november - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:36 pm

For anyone interested. Thanks to the KK kid for the snap...Gaillimh AbĂș! Wink

[img]Dublin gig 21st november - Page 2 Imgp4010[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dublin gig 21st november   Dublin gig 21st november - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dublin gig 21st november
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2