DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

 

 Update on This Charming Man Vinyl

Go down 
+29
vamike
weird kid
WhoCares
bobbyjames
Mipi
StopAndSlideToTheRight
ral
J.B.R.
JJW319
Mechamunky
ozfacter
joshyboytyler
brucesboots
19thirty
TGAFAN25
steady now steady now
carryon820
Better Sense
crpjack
Know Your Borders
Shrewsbury_Stars
fullcollapse
Joe Jack
mbtshoes
ExitEnglish
Luca Chinaski
NDTGA
Bea
PFREEZY
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea


Posts : 1578
Join date : 2010-05-26
Age : 32
Location : Luxembourg / Spain

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 5:18 am

brucesboots wrote:
Bea wrote:
sent them an email and they got back to me saying mine will ship tomorrow

got same reply , but my order still says awaiting shipment ?
same here. i'm not in any kind of hurry but i'd just like to know what's going on...

anyone else in europe ordered this?
Back to top Go down
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
bobbyjames


Posts : 148
Join date : 2010-02-24
Age : 35
Location : UK

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 6:16 am

I ordered the Brown version, thouhg mine is also still saying "Awaiting Shipment"
Back to top Go down
WhoCares
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning



Posts : 9
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 50
Location : Belgium

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 6:59 am

Hallo there, i'm looking for the brown & black vinyl of This Charming Man... Can someone help me, i'm from Europe - Belgium...

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea


Posts : 1578
Join date : 2010-05-26
Age : 32
Location : Luxembourg / Spain

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:24 am

bobbyjames wrote:
I ordered the Brown version, thouhg mine is also still saying "Awaiting Shipment"
so it seems that for whatever reason the European orders are taking much more time scratch
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody



Posts : 965
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 62
Location : midlands uk

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:18 pm

looks like it is on the move. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse


Posts : 502
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 38
Location : Dayton OH

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:40 pm

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 262557_799934318446_39502314_37829723_3542791_n


Here's what I had to say about it:

It sounds INCREDIBLE. For those who have just heard the cd (or download), the original versions of the songs are not the greatest quality, even on cd.

With this, it’s about as close to perfect as it can be. They brought Brian out in the mix and you can ACTUALLY hear what he’s singing! You can pretty much hear him on the cd, but he’s so far back in the mix. The record sounds fantastic.


Also, totally beside myself with the inclusion of two previously unheard tracks, in addition to an alternate version of Kiss Me... and the demo of 1930. I am so excited about this record.
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning



Posts : 87
Join date : 2010-06-09
Age : 41
Location : Central Pa.

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:27 pm

I just got my copy in the mail today......brown vinyl. I didn't listen to it yet, but I'm excited, especially to hear the unreleased tracks. I really wish that there would have been a digital download included, as my cd obviously doesn't include the unreleased tracks......and I have no clue of how to transfer vinyl over to cd, not to mention I doubt my system is even capable of completing such a task. I'd love to get my hands on a black copy.....but without getting way over charged.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse


Posts : 502
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 38
Location : Dayton OH

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Our record player is (for better or worse) one that can digitize vinyl tracks. I'd have no problem sharing the tracks with those who have the vinyl but as it would be uploading songs that are technically for sale, I wouldn't want to evoke the banhammer and wrath of the forum gods!
Back to top Go down
weird kid
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning



Posts : 1
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 33
Location : Germany

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:25 am

Guys, I need your help.

Im from Germany and I have found no Store, where I can buy it.
The CD is awesome, and Im so in love with those early records... LP is so epic I wanna die :[
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody



Posts : 965
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 62
Location : midlands uk

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 10:15 am

weird kid wrote:
Guys, I need your help.

Im from Germany and I have found no Store, where I can buy it.
The CD is awesome, and Im so in love with those early records... LP is so epic I wanna die :[


ebay might be your only option now , not seen it anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now


Posts : 3277
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 6:58 am

fullcollapse wrote:
Our record player is (for better or worse) one that can digitize vinyl tracks. I'd have no problem sharing the tracks with those who have the vinyl but as it would be uploading songs that are technically for sale, I wouldn't want to evoke the banhammer and wrath of the forum gods!

good girl; Thor's hammer is ready and waiting
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike


Posts : 388
Join date : 2008-10-09
Age : 38
Location : Ennsbach, Austria

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:29 am

can someone rip these songs please? I would buy the record but sadly, it sold out too fucking fast....
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now


Posts : 3277
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:55 am

vamike wrote:
can someone rip these songs please? I would buy the record but sadly, it sold out too fucking fast....

as this is a commercial release, rips of it can NOT be posted on this forum

I realise that this was (at least for now) a very limited release, but that's just tough as far as forum policy is concerned; perhaps a dowload option will follow (so start writing to Xoxo)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now


Posts : 3277
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:57 am

fullcollapse wrote:
It sounds INCREDIBLE. For those who have just heard the cd (or download), the original versions of the songs are not the greatest quality, even on cd.

With this, it’s about as close to perfect as it can be. They brought Brian out in the mix and you can ACTUALLY hear what he’s singing! You can pretty much hear him on the cd, but he’s so far back in the mix. The record sounds fantastic.

Was it ever mentioned that they had re-mixed the tracks, or is it just the mastering or the magic of vinyl? Maybe the techno-nerds can chip in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody



Posts : 965
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 62
Location : midlands uk

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:22 pm

vamike wrote:
can someone rip these songs please? I would buy the record but sadly, it sold out too fucking fast....

I think after the first mad rush , prices will drop on ebay, the brown vinyl isnt that smaller number....makes me sick that people can buy them and sell them so quickly to make money out of fans, even before some of us receive them from source.
It is a shame sideonedummy cant push future ltd editions through this site in some way.( I know in this case it was a different label)
There is a copy in the OldLP auction.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse


Posts : 502
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 38
Location : Dayton OH

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:24 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
vamike wrote:
can someone rip these songs please? I would buy the record but sadly, it sold out too fucking fast....

as this is a commercial release, rips of it can NOT be posted on this forum

I realise that this was (at least for now) a very limited release, but that's just tough as far as forum policy is concerned; perhaps a dowload option will follow (so start writing to Xoxo)

The album is actually available for download on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=this+charming+man+every+little+secret&x=0&y=0 I don't see the CD there, but I know I ordered my CD from there for about $8 (I think) at some point last year.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse


Posts : 502
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 38
Location : Dayton OH

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:27 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:
It sounds INCREDIBLE. For those who have just heard the cd (or download), the original versions of the songs are not the greatest quality, even on cd.

With this, it’s about as close to perfect as it can be. They brought Brian out in the mix and you can ACTUALLY hear what he’s singing! You can pretty much hear him on the cd, but he’s so far back in the mix. The record sounds fantastic.

Was it ever mentioned that they had re-mixed the tracks, or is it just the mastering or the magic of vinyl? Maybe the techno-nerds can chip in.


I don't think it was ever mentioned, so I have no idea.. all I know is that my husband and I both stood there listening very closely (must have looked pretty funny) and we absolutely heard a difference!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now


Posts : 3277
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:28 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
vamike wrote:
can someone rip these songs please? I would buy the record but sadly, it sold out too fucking fast....

as this is a commercial release, rips of it can NOT be posted on this forum

I realise that this was (at least for now) a very limited release, but that's just tough as far as forum policy is concerned; perhaps a dowload option will follow (so start writing to Xoxo)

The album is actually available for download on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=this+charming+man+every+little+secret&x=0&y=0 I don't see the CD there, but I know I ordered my CD from there for about $8 (I think) at some point last year.

yes, but that's been there since 2008; people should petition Xoxo for a download of the expanded (& remixed?) version
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse


Posts : 502
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 38
Location : Dayton OH

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:34 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
vamike wrote:
can someone rip these songs please? I would buy the record but sadly, it sold out too fucking fast....

as this is a commercial release, rips of it can NOT be posted on this forum

I realise that this was (at least for now) a very limited release, but that's just tough as far as forum policy is concerned; perhaps a dowload option will follow (so start writing to Xoxo)

The album is actually available for download on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=this+charming+man+every+little+secret&x=0&y=0 I don't see the CD there, but I know I ordered my CD from there for about $8 (I think) at some point last year.

yes, but that's been there since 2008; people should petition Xoxo for a download of the expanded (& remixed?) version

Oh definitely, the newest vinyl release should be offered up as a download. I was expecting a download code or something with my copies. Offering it for sale as a download would just mean profit, so I don't see why they wouldn't jump on it! I know as a vinyl nerd, I'm not as much for "vinyl only" releases as I am for limited colors, etc.
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike


Posts : 388
Join date : 2008-10-09
Age : 38
Location : Ennsbach, Austria

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:12 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
vamike wrote:
can someone rip these songs please? I would buy the record but sadly, it sold out too fucking fast....

as this is a commercial release, rips of it can NOT be posted on this forum

I realise that this was (at least for now) a very limited release, but that's just tough as far as forum policy is concerned; perhaps a dowload option will follow (so start writing to Xoxo)

The album is actually available for download on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=this+charming+man+every+little+secret&x=0&y=0 I don't see the CD there, but I know I ordered my CD from there for about $8 (I think) at some point last year.

I already got the CD. I'd like to hear the remastered thing + the bonus tracks. I'll just wait, maybe I'll find a cheap copy on ebay some time
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender



Posts : 185
Join date : 2008-12-15
Age : 41

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:36 pm

Got my TCM black vinyl from Bands On A Budget this afternoon!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:39 pm

19thirty wrote:
Got my TCM black vinyl from Bands On A Budget this afternoon!

Does it say where it's shipped from? I'm still waiting on mine.
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender



Posts : 185
Join date : 2008-12-15
Age : 41

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:11 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:


Does it say where it's shipped from? I'm still waiting on mine.

Asbury Park, NJ
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral


Posts : 931
Join date : 2009-02-11
Location : 49015

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:11 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:
It sounds INCREDIBLE. For those who have just heard the cd (or download), the original versions of the songs are not the greatest quality, even on cd.

With this, it’s about as close to perfect as it can be. They brought Brian out in the mix and you can ACTUALLY hear what he’s singing! You can pretty much hear him on the cd, but he’s so far back in the mix. The record sounds fantastic.

Was it ever mentioned that they had re-mixed the tracks, or is it just the mastering or the magic of vinyl? Maybe the techno-nerds can chip in.

I haven't listened to the vinyl but it was mentioned somewhere before (probably on VC) that this was a new transfer/remastering of the original recording.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo


Posts : 1983
Join date : 2009-07-03
Age : 32
Location : Columbia, Missouri

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:12 pm

I wish they'd do a digital re-release if it's remastered cause I don't have a record player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Update on This Charming Man Vinyl
Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» For Sale This Charming Man on Black Vinyl and Hold You Up 10 inch!
» Lots of Gaslight Vinyl For Sale on Vinyl Collective
» This Charming Man - Every little secret
» DSS Forum Update!
» This Charming Man

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Side Projects & Earlier Bands :: Earlier Bands (pre-TGA)-
Jump to: