DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:36 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
super pumped about the bonus tracks!

Indeed; what surpises me though is that no-one knew a title for these (surely even demos songs have title) or there no-one from the band was prepared to make one up; but maybe the cover actually has them.

By the way, no word from Brian on this, either on Twitter or his blog; was he not involved or does he now disown this?

Yeah I was wondering about that - Im assuming he would get paid from this? I ordered the brown though - also seemed strange the website that was selling it wasnt SideOne or seem to have any previous TGA links, or is it something to do with who TCM originally recorded with?
Back to top Go down
ozfacter
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 6:44 pm

it was done through the vinyl collective co op/suburban home. src is selling it because they host the suburban home store now. im not sure if brian sees any of the money but they had to buy the rights from xoxo to press it. at least thats my understanding of the money side of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:41 am

Brian's tweet

Quote :
Wow! This Charming man EP on vinyl? Sure wish I knew about that. Unreleased Demos? I'd sure love to hear those! Copies for the band, right.

guess than answers the question about Brian knowing about this or not.
Back to top Go down
Mechamunky
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mechamunky

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:50 am

Hearing that kind of makes me feel bad for buying it now. Sad
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:28 am

Mechamunky wrote:
Hearing that kind of makes me feel bad for buying it now. Sad

I wouldnt worry to much about it , at some point im sure a bootleg would have turned up of these demos, at least this way a quality version has surfaced and Brians lawyers know what door to knock on for what money is owed.
Its a bit like when a Springsteen early recording lp was released without his permision.
Back to top Go down
Mechamunky
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mechamunky

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:29 am

Well I feel better now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:36 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Brian's tweet

Quote :
Wow! This Charming man EP on vinyl? Sure wish I knew about that. Unreleased Demos? I'd sure love to hear those! Copies for the band, right.

rights wise and money wise this isn't something that can't be fixed - however, from an artistic point of view, if the label had asked Brian about this, the bonus tracks may not have ended up 'untitled'; moreover, not asking/telling Brian about this was plain rude (or were they afraid he'd block it?)

on this forum we have known about this project for a long time; it pays to read DimestoreSaints; please note!

http://www.gaslightanthem.org

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 6:08 am

steady now steady now wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Brian's tweet

Quote :

rights wise and money wise this isn't something that can't be fixed - however, from an artistic point of view, if the label had asked Brian about this, the bonus tracks may not have ended up 'untitled'; moreover, not asking/telling Brian about this was plain rude (or were they afraid he'd block it?)

on this forum we have known about this project for a long time; it pays to read DimestoreSaints; please note!

well, it could also depend on the type of contract the band signed during the time.
If the label owned the masters/the rights to the songs, then don't have to get the bands permission.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:45 am

feast your eyes (they're not mine, I found the pic online)

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 DSCN0725

JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:16 am

That red/orange looks awesome
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:19 am

So glad I got brown now lol
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:38 pm

I kinda get the feeling Brian isnt told very much at all about whats being released etc , next time Bruce is around for a Barbie maybe he should ask some advice, Bruce had his fingers burnt very badly in the early days, I dont think anything passes him by these days. If Brian didnt know to much about this release it does seem rude that the record company didnt ask for his imput but as for any rights would go, that would depend on original contract I would think .....im guessing the rights are on the record companys side this time, how many young bands sign there life away ?
Going by Alexanders picture it does look like they have made a class job of this release , maybe the demos were un -named but you would think they did at least have working titles . The brown version looks more orange/red to me or maybe thats just the photo.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:45 pm

I posted a comment on Suburban Home's website about Brian's apparent lack of knowledge about this release, and this is the commnet Virgil left in reply:

Quote :
there is obviously some confusion. I worked directly with xoxo assuming that Brian was in on the loop. I’ve had conversations with Brian about this, too, but so much time has passed since we first started working on it, it is possible that Brian thought it was never coming out. I responded to Brian’s tweet and hopefully will clear things up. Brian isn’t the easiest guy to communicate with and is obviously busier than most of us. For the record though, I sent 100 copies to Brian’s management company, Tribeca. XoXo also got 100 copies as per our agreement with label and artist.

http://www.suburbanhomerecords.com/2011/08/04/photo-this-charming-man-every-little-secret-lp/

Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:50 pm

that clears things a little.

as for the demos, isn't it safe to assume that one of them will be She Coulda Raised the Titanic? and if so, there we have at least a working title, so i really don't understand why they're listed as unnamed demos..
Back to top Go down
Joe Jack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Joe Jack

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 7:08 pm

Test pressing finished at $110..curious to see how much the black will go for on ebay.
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:27 pm

I think at first somewhere in the $40-60 range. I can't see people paying much more than that...maybe a few.... There will be a shit ton of these on ebay in the next couple of wks
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:22 pm

There was no funny stuff that happened with this release. Here is an email from XOXO to me and Virgil. Check out the date. It is possible Brian forgot sinceit was a while ago, but I really think he was informed a few more times since this.

xoxo records to Virgil, me
show details 1/29/10
Guys,

Brian is down if Vinyl collective does it, Virgil what is your typical licensing deal for vinyl? we would have to set up an agreement then we are good to go!

xoxo
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:54 am

I wound up winning the test pressing. Then I logged onto twitter and saw what Brian wrote, man that sucks if he really wasn't in the loop. I don't know, but if he wants the test pressing I'll give it to him.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:28 am

J.B.R. wrote:
I wound up winning the test pressing. Then I logged onto twitter and saw what Brian wrote, man that sucks if he really wasn't in the loop. I don't know, but if he wants the test pressing I'll give it to him.

how do you do it? Very Happy

as for Brian, if you look through the above posts, it looks like he was told, but the thing just slipped his mind

J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:30 am

lol, I don't know. I'm recently single so all of a sudden I got a little bit more cash to spend on stuff, instead of taking a girl out to dinner/dates/presents/all of that jazz. haha and I like to give gifts.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:32 am

J.B.R. wrote:
lol, I don't know. I'm recently single so all of a sudden I got a little bit more cash to spend on stuff, instead of taking a girl out to dinner/dates/presents/all of that jazz. haha and I like to give gifts.

if you like to give gifts , I wont say no,
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:37 am

J.B.R. wrote:

oh; when you said "winning", I thought you meant a competition (I think there is going to be one)

brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:39 am

are we talking the old lp auction ?
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:48 am

yes, I won the old lp auction.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:54 am

well done,I looked at it and was really tempted , but decided i need fill the 2 gaps in my collection first before I look at test pressings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on This Charming Man Vinyl   Update on This Charming Man Vinyl - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update on This Charming Man Vinyl
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Side Projects & Earlier Bands :: Earlier Bands (pre-TGA)-
Jump to: