DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you met TGA, what would you say?

Go down 
+32
Perry
azlisa
Casey
gib786
bish
Jeff
GaslightCeltic
steady now steady now
acousticbandit
massie1903
IKeeptheDiner
J.B.R.
Bea
Topher
ksupilot
jennylenore
simo
SheaPaddyPower
Bigtittykitty
steph
Palmer89
colmillionaire
micwatson
rhg5010
loazis
rikerd21
goldlion_
vamike
SMLepore
DaveSavedTheDay
Asleepontheforestfloor
Little Eden
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:41 am

Little Eden wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Haha theres always next time. I will give Bogey's a shot once I head back up for fall semester

You won't regret it. And if you do, La Vic's is right next door lol

that orange sauce is irresistible
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 2:49 pm

Little Eden wrote:
So tonight my question was answered: What would I say if I met any of the guys? Luckily I got to talk to all of them and did so without sounding like an idiot (at least I think so...)

Alex R: We talked before the show about how I needed to buy a popsicle. It was hot, and he had just bought one off an ice cream cart. I think it was a teenage mutant ninja turle shaped one lol

Brian: We talked after the show about tattoos and she showed me his Joe Strummer tattoo which I haven't seen in pictures. I also thanked him for introducing me to amazing bands (like The Clash).

Alex L: Kept it simple talking about the craziness of the show (some girl climbed on top of the tent they were playing under in hopes of getting on stage) as well as their upcoming shows.

Benny: Since I got to the show 6 hours early, and Benny must have been bored, we ended up talking for over 20 minutes before and after the show. Before the show we talked about how we were both vegetarians and how he would eat a human before he would eat an animal. Best quote from Benny: "Animals are just so innocent, how can you kill them. At least humans have done something to probably deserve it." Amazing. He was so nice and down to earth, and didn't make me feel like I was imposing on his time at all. We also talked about Jersey/New York and Voodoo Doughnuts in Oregon. Oh! And I even asked him for a "Benny-bear-hug" and he said "How did you know I gave those?" lol. I think it's safe to say that I developed a little crush on him tonight haha

i'm totally gonna steal that quote next time someone feels compelled to ask me why i dont eat meat.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:08 pm

steph wrote:
Little Eden wrote:
So tonight my question was answered: What would I say if I met any of the guys? Luckily I got to talk to all of them and did so without sounding like an idiot (at least I think so...)

Alex R: We talked before the show about how I needed to buy a popsicle. It was hot, and he had just bought one off an ice cream cart. I think it was a teenage mutant ninja turle shaped one lol

Brian: We talked after the show about tattoos and she showed me his Joe Strummer tattoo which I haven't seen in pictures. I also thanked him for introducing me to amazing bands (like The Clash).

Alex L: Kept it simple talking about the craziness of the show (some girl climbed on top of the tent they were playing under in hopes of getting on stage) as well as their upcoming shows.

Benny: Since I got to the show 6 hours early, and Benny must have been bored, we ended up talking for over 20 minutes before and after the show. Before the show we talked about how we were both vegetarians and how he would eat a human before he would eat an animal. Best quote from Benny: "Animals are just so innocent, how can you kill them. At least humans have done something to probably deserve it." Amazing. He was so nice and down to earth, and didn't make me feel like I was imposing on his time at all. We also talked about Jersey/New York and Voodoo Doughnuts in Oregon. Oh! And I even asked him for a "Benny-bear-hug" and he said "How did you know I gave those?" lol. I think it's safe to say that I developed a little crush on him tonight haha

i'm totally gonna steal that quote next time someone feels compelled to ask me why i dont eat meat.

he was hillarious! and so true Smile
Back to top Go down
GaslightCeltic
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:56 pm

I met Brian before a show about a month ago and it was a bit awkward, I suppose, but it was still cool to meet him and he was really decent. I told him I'd seen them at T in the Park and they were brilliant and he just said thanks. And then I told him I'd signed up to Cassettes in the Mailbox and had been reading all the stuff he'd posted, to which he replied "Daaangerous". Then I got a picture with him. (Sorry, I couldn't find another way to describe that without saying "then...then...then"). The way he was so modest and so comfortable with having a laugh with a stranger showed me he's just a down to earth guy. There's a common theme here eh?
Back to top Go down
Jeff
A Contender
A Contender
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:42 pm

I probably wouldn't say anything of merit. I don't exactly have much experience in talking to members of bands I really, really like. The only time was when Rick Steff, the guy who plays keys in Lucero walked by after the show and all I could muster up was a "great show" and a feeble "it was awesome" as a follow-up.
Back to top Go down
bish
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:15 pm

id talk tattoo's with fallon, something tells me the topic would keep him talking all night
Back to top Go down
gib786
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:51 am

I didn't quite know what to say to Brian when I met him after the Manchester show. All I did was say great show, shook his hand an asked for a pic and got him to sign my ticket
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:20 pm

I would struggle by not saying "You are God" to Brian. I think that type of flattery is over the top, but he's my religion on Facebook lol.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:22 pm

Casey wrote:
I would struggle by not saying "You are God" to Brian. I think that type of flattery is over the top, but he's my religion on Facebook lol.

Haha, I've seen stranger ones. My religion was "Ouija" for awhile lol
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:30 pm

it's funny there's a post about this because I've been thinking about it lately. when I saw them a few weeks ago, i didn't try to hang around and meet them because I didn't think they would be hanging around waiting to talk to fans. I figured they might be tired after the show, or sometimes bands have to literally hop right in the van/bus and head to the next city if its kinda far away.

I'm kicking myself now, but I know they will come back someday and when I do meet them, I think i'll say thank you for the amazing music they make and then I would probably stop acting like a fangirl and then ask them other things. I cannot wait! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Perry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 6:38 am

Saw them live at Øyafestivalen yesterday. Good show except for the cold heavy rain. After the show, approx 10 minutes (so no one was excpecting anything) Brian came down to the fence and just hung around talking to people. Pointed out how cool it was that I got Bennys drumstick and also signed a TGA tour-shirt (the grey one). I told him it was a great show, but also how sad I was that they weren't coming back to Norway for the fall tour and how jealous I was of all the americans who gets these dedicated concerts with material from all over (they didn't play a single song of SoS Sad)

And when he was about to leave, I finished cheesily with: "And Brian; Stay Lucky!"

The only thing I regret is not asking for a picture, Good times anyhow. Hope to meet the rest of the band sometime
Back to top Go down
Crockin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Crockin

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:44 am

Me and my buddy met Brian a good couple hours before the show in Birmingham. We were just sitting outside in the shopping area, when I noticed Brian and a woman walk past really quick. So I pointed him out to my friend, and we shouted after Brian, but he didn't hear. We like jogged after him, but when we got round the corner, he was gone, so we went into this cheap sports shop (we were sure he went in there) and sure enough he was already waiting in line buying something. (I know we sound like major stalkers haha).

Then as he turned round and swiftly brushed past us, I called out 'Brian!' and he was like 'Heyy.' Me and my buddy said that we're coming to the show later, and we're big fans, and Brian said thanks, and then talked about how he was in the shop buying some England football/soccer shirts (it was around the time of the World Cup), because he and half the band support England, cos the USA sucks. Haha. He also said that he enjoys sports, and did mention the baseball and american football teams he likes... though i can't remember what they were confused

So yeah, he said that he had to go, and I checked my phone to see the time, and Brian noticed and asked 'Ooh you want a picture?' and we said yeh sure, so his lady friend said she'd take it, and we got the picture and said thanks, and he went on his way. Very Happy

Was a cool experience.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/crockin
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:38 am

haha! his lady friend! that's an awesome story, thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
billy_boy110
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:39 am

I recently got to see TGA in July when they came to the House of Blues Chicago. A couple buddies and I decided to wait around by the tour bus to see if we could get a chance to meet them. After about an hour of waiting there and security guards telling us to go home, the band walked out the back door.Both Alex L. and Alex R. stayed in the tour bus but Brian came over and had a few cigarettes with us. He ended up staying out there for about an hour talking to us about the music business, specifically why he and the band chose to stay at SideOneDummy instead of signing with a major label. Benny stayed out there with us for about half an hour longer than Brian did and we talked about baseball and about how he is the only Jewish member of the band. Overall, it was really cool to get to have more a conversation rather than getting an autograph and leaving shortly thereafter. I will never forget it.
Back to top Go down
concresence
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 2:19 pm

This past summer my girlfriend and I drove down to Minneapolis to catch their show in later July. Driving from Canada, we decided to make a trip of it(going to Mall of America and Valley Fair). The day of the show we were walking through Mall of America and my girlfriend was shopping, out of the corner of my eye I saw this guy covered in tattoos. I have a few tattoos myself, so they always catch my attention. After looking at them more closely I started to recognize them. Walking around to the guys left side i could read the tattoo on his neck "You Made Me Cry", wouldn't you know it,it was Mr Fallon himself sitting at the fountain. I sat down beside the man and introduced myself. We talked about ordinary things(he was excited to play at the venue, because of who had played there through the years), he also mentioned his goal at the Mall of America was to buy a pair of shoes. I asked for a picture, which he gladly took with me. My girlfriend was so nervous at the time she barely could say hi. It was truly great to meet Brian, to me he is a very honest and interesting person.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 3:29 pm

concresence wrote:
We talked about ordinary things.

That, I think, is the key answer to the OP's question. By all means, also tell them how much their music means to you, but the really fun bit is to just talk about ordinary things with these extra/ordinary guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
katiehughes22
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
katiehughes22

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:35 am

when I met brian, I told him that I was going to cry. and I almost did because I was so shocked. he laughed, hugged me and told me not to cry. we didnt get to talk for long but I just said how much of an amazing show it was and thanked him for his music.

I got a photo with him and his autograph.

I then went over and got photos and autographs with the rest of the band, whom I spoke to for longer. especially benny- we talked about bruce, their baba o riley cover and just generally about how greatful he is about being able to have the oppertunitys that he does.

They are really nice, genuine people.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:11 am

just found this cute (you'll see why) interview from 2009

why in this thread? - go to 1:14

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you met TGA, what would you say?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: The TGA Army-
Jump to: