DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you met TGA, what would you say?

Go down 
+32
Perry
azlisa
Casey
gib786
bish
Jeff
GaslightCeltic
steady now steady now
acousticbandit
massie1903
IKeeptheDiner
J.B.R.
Bea
Topher
ksupilot
jennylenore
simo
SheaPaddyPower
Bigtittykitty
steph
Palmer89
colmillionaire
micwatson
rhg5010
loazis
rikerd21
goldlion_
vamike
SMLepore
DaveSavedTheDay
Asleepontheforestfloor
Little Eden
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

If you met TGA, what would you say? Empty
PostSubject: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:14 am

So I often wonder what I would/should say if I ever met TGA. Since they are my favorite band I know I would get really nervous and probably choke up and sound realllly stupid haha. But if y'all met the guys, what would you want to talk about or ask them? What do you think it would be like? Would you ask for a picture or autograph?

For those of you lucky enough to have met them, what was your experience(s) like?

Discuss...
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:19 am

I think since they're just really normal and genuine people, I wouldn't choke up too much if I met em. haha
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:19 am

I completely choked up, told Brian I really enjoyed the show, told him I came out for my birthday and asked if he'd sign something and take a picture with me and that was really it. He made a comment about it was nice of the girl I was with to come out with me to the show and all that.

It was really awkward and I hope I get the chance to have a better chat sometime, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:26 am

DaveSavedTheDay wrote:
I completely choked up, told Brian I really enjoyed the show, told him I came out for my birthday and asked if he'd sign something and take a picture with me and that was really it. He made a comment about it was nice of the girl I was with to come out with me to the show and all that.

It was really awkward and I hope I get the chance to have a better chat sometime, haha.

I'm pretty sure my experience would go something like this. Plus if there was a lot of people around I'd feel like I was taking up their time of meeting other fans
Back to top Go down
SMLepore
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:28 am

I asked Brian if he wanted some of my pizza. He declined. It was awkward. Especially considering that as I'd ordered the pizza standing in line next to Benny and didn't recognize him.
Back to top Go down
goodfell

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:12 am

I actually had the chance to meet brian on warped tour before they went on and I just went up with my two friends and introduced myself and told him he and the band are making great music and just how me and my friends really appreciated his songs. i than asked if he had seen the new joe strummer documentary but he said he had not, although he was lookin forward to it. thats about it they are just regular peeople like anyone else. i dont see what the big deal is.
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:10 am

I've met benny and alex r. they were nice. can't recall what we talked about
Back to top Go down
goldlion_
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
goldlion_

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:21 am

ah they're so lovely though! i was really grateful i didn't choke up, but it was mostly because i was intoxicated. we talked about the show that was gonna happen later on, and told them to play certain songs, like, red in the morning, to which brian replied 'noooo haha' it was funny, but we didn't quite get why. then we asked them to play film noir and they were all like 'maybe maybe' but it didn't happen Sad and then later on they totally recognised us on the front row and sort of gave a sly little smile, it was really nice. we also got stuff signed, compared tattoos etc, but the loveliest thing was, we totally forgot they were doing the signing tent, so didn't queue up, but there was a gated off space right infront of them, and we were having conversations with them more so then the people in the signing queue, they totally seemed more interested in us, and then afterwards came to talk to us anyway. absolutely made my weekend! ahh bit of an essay, but it's nice to relive it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://gonnatellmewherethelightis.blogspot.com/
rikerd21
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rikerd21

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:51 am

i met them at leeds fest last year and was very drunk at the time Razz they are my second favourite band behind Alkaline Trio and i was beyond nervous when i met them so i thought i would be the same with TGA but nahh they were all really awesome and friendly guys i think being drunk calmed me down i just kept smiling alot loved it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:32 am

I suppose I'd thank the boys for their music, awesomeness and inspiring me in many ways, not only musically. I'd probably want a picture to be taken and then cherish it in a weird, obsessed way.
Back to top Go down
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:35 am

I'd ask if Brian ever gets scared that he might get replaced on vocals by that TGA-loving youtube toddler
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
micwatson
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:18 pm

first time i saw them i gave brian a diy joe strummer shirt (here's me wearing it: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=383214140&albumID=837993&imageID=13786326)

and then a couple months later they played the same venue (alter schlachthof, wiesbaden) and when they came on guess what i saw? http://yfrog.com/j4tgaeditj

and yes: i almost pee'd my pants when i saw it.

after the show we got to talk to the guys and they're very nice and genuine people.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:30 pm

before the show at rutgers benny came down and sat and talked with my dad and i while we were eating. cool cool dude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:47 pm

micwatson wrote:
first time i saw them i gave brian a diy joe strummer shirt (here's me wearing it: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=383214140&albumID=837993&imageID=13786326)

and then a couple months later they played the same venue (alter schlachthof, wiesbaden) and when they came on guess what i saw? http://yfrog.com/j4tgaeditj

and yes: i almost pee'd my pants when i saw it.

after the show we got to talk to the guys and they're very nice and genuine people.

that's so legit! Congrats dude! I wish I was that creative!
Back to top Go down
micwatson
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:48 pm

thanks man
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:55 pm

Managed to hang around after one gig and speak to Brian, well I say speak to him, told him what an awesome gig it was and got him to sign my ticket but had pushed infront of people and security/PR person was trying to get Brian to hurry to the merch stall so that was about it.

I wonder when the time will come they can't do it anymore, they're getting somewhere near the time there'll be just too many people.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:26 pm

ok, im really annoyed, just typed up a big long response to you, littleeden, and my internet disconnected. damn bookstores and their free wifi...
i was going to say--

while someone mentioned something about them just being normal people and no reason to be weird about talking to them, and i agree with that, at least for me personally, it would be awkward going up to any stranger and just trying to start a conversation, and then on top of that, it's also a person whose music you know, that provides a soundtrack to your life and is important to you, so i definitely get the awkwardness surrounding it. but anyways...

i have talked to or said hi to each of them at one point...alex l, i just said hi and asked him to sign my poster, alex r i asked him how it was playing coachella when the cure was playing (last year), and such...i talked to brian after a show and told him i loved the replacments cover they had played (it was only my 2nd time seeing them and i wasnt aware they covered that song until they started playing it, so i was pretty excited), and asked him if i could take a picture with him- he was very gracious/nice about it, and uhh...i talked to benny about...just whatever. at the same show, and then a couple weeks later i flew out to the east coast for a couple shows, and while waiting in front of the venue before the show, he came out, recognized me, walked over and said hi, remembered my name (that really surprised me), so i'd definitely say benny is the most outgoing and friendly, easiest to talk to.

micwatson- that is so cool about your shirt!
palmer89- i totally agree about how the casual talking to fans after shows is going to be much more difficult in the near future- i think pretty soon, as it seems they are upgrading to larger venues this tour.
Back to top Go down
Bigtittykitty
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:16 pm

Last time i saw them some guy was going to interview benny before the show and was asking fans about tga and such. So i told him about how i found out about them(its a great story) and he went off. when he came back he let listen to his interview and he had said something about me to benny. So benny laughed and said he'd give this kid a coke. after the show i started talking to brian and eventually ask were benny was. long story short, i now have a coke given to me from benny. it was the best coke i have ever had. in my life
Back to top Go down
SheaPaddyPower
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:10 pm

I've met everybody bar Alex L (Although I added him as a friend on Facebook. He accepted. We've never said anything to each other. Why did I add him? I'm clearly just a bit of a stalker, I don't even remember how I found him tbh...) I met Alex R at the Shepherd's Bush gig about a year ago, I threw my Arsenal shirt on stage (Again, fucking clueless as to WHY this was a good idea...) and it turns out he collected sports stuff. So one of the roadies gave it to him, he came out, thanked me for it and signed my setlist. Which has now gone missing. When I find out who's reponsible, God help me...
Anyway, next up was Brian in Brixton. He's the only one who I didn't really know what to say, and I just kind of ending up saying he was one of my heroes (Which is...smooth.) and thanked him for playing Casanova, Baby! as it was the first time I heard it, and it's probably my favourite. And then Benny came out, I talked to him about generally random crap, took a photo with him, got a hug and he was kind enough to take my ticket backstage and have the whole band sign it. Good guy.

That's some fineeeeeee rambling right there...
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:24 pm

I would probably ask to take a picture as the more I think about it, autographs are kinda pointless. I would probably then try to start a conversation about The Clash but it would probably be really awkward.
Back to top Go down
jennylenore
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 4:29 am

It's always kind of awkward meeting someone from one of your favorite bands, being that they're a complete stranger yet you're totally in love with their music...but I'd probably just say thanks for everything, and that it was an awesome show.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:32 pm

simo wrote:
I would probably ask to take a picture as the more I think about it, autographs are kinda pointless. I would probably then try to start a conversation about The Clash but it would probably be really awkward.

haha yeah...i agree with the whole "autographs are pointless" thing...i've always felt silly asking for it. although i do have to say, my billy idol autographed wallet and the hot pink LP i got signed by HIM are some of my favorite possessions, so hey...
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:40 pm

steph wrote:
haha yeah...i agree with the whole "autographs are pointless" thing...i've always felt silly asking for it. although i do have to say, my billy idol autographed wallet and the hot pink LP i got signed by HIM are some of my favorite possessions, so hey...

you have a billy idol autographed wallet? that's about one of the coolest things i've ever heard. haha

idk, i think a pair of TGA autographed converse would be rediculously amazing
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:50 pm

oh yes...and it was a long time in the making. long story short, i waited years and years to finally be able to see billy idol, and when i finally did, it was amazing. i was front row, rockin out to "rebel yell," he came over and kinda put his hand on my face and sang "rebel yell" like that, for like, a good thirty seconds or so. after that he was signing autographs on stage in the middle of some song, and i grabbed the first thing i could find out of my purse, ended up being a brand new white wallet i had just bought, he signed it, now is one of my most beloved possessions, haha. so it ended up being totally worth missing seeing him live for so many years!
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:19 am

steph wrote:
oh yes...and it was a long time in the making. long story short, i waited years and years to finally be able to see billy idol, and when i finally did, it was amazing. i was front row, rockin out to "rebel yell," he came over and kinda put his hand on my face and sang "rebel yell" like that, for like, a good thirty seconds or so. after that he was signing autographs on stage in the middle of some song, and i grabbed the first thing i could find out of my purse, ended up being a brand new white wallet i had just bought, he signed it, now is one of my most beloved possessions, haha. so it ended up being totally worth missing seeing him live for so many years!

okay that's where I would've had a total crazy fan girl moment and screamed and then fainted haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you met TGA, what would you say?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: The TGA Army-
Jump to: