DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you met TGA, what would you say?

Go down 
+32
Perry
azlisa
Casey
gib786
bish
Jeff
GaslightCeltic
steady now steady now
acousticbandit
massie1903
IKeeptheDiner
J.B.R.
Bea
Topher
ksupilot
jennylenore
simo
SheaPaddyPower
Bigtittykitty
steph
Palmer89
colmillionaire
micwatson
rhg5010
loazis
rikerd21
goldlion_
vamike
SMLepore
DaveSavedTheDay
Asleepontheforestfloor
Little Eden
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:55 am

I got to meet them after a show in Cleveland last year. I was freaked out at first, but my friend was like, "no, we're meeting them".

Long story short, I ended up talking to Benny the most, and he seemed to be the most down to earth. Alex L went to my high school, so that was somewhat of an awkward conversation. Kind weird thinking, "hi, we probably passed each other in the halls hundreds of times and I never gave a crap, and now you're in my favorite band." With Brian all I could muster up was "nice show" or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:34 am

KSUpilot wrote:
I got to meet them after a show in Cleveland last year. I was freaked out at first, but my friend was like, "no, we're meeting them".

Long story short, I ended up talking to Benny the most, and he seemed to be the most down to earth. Alex L went to my high school, so that was somewhat of an awkward conversation. Kind weird thinking, "hi, we probably passed each other in the halls hundreds of times and I never gave a crap, and now you're in my favorite band." With Brian all I could muster up was "nice show" or something along those lines.

one of my good friends from college is from roxbury and when i told her about Gaslight, she said she'd gone to the same high school as Alex L. too. random connection!
Back to top Go down
Logan

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:21 pm

I met Brian after a show once, I had all these questions for him like the meaning of the characters in his lyrics such as "Maria" and I DID choke up rofl. all I could muster in his presence was "I love your records" I must of said it 3 times. He is a down to earth guy though...he signed my shit and took a pic with me, then patted me on the back and said get home safely.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:38 pm

I don't really get too starstruck surprisingly, considering I'm a pretty quiet guy in general. Didn't have a problem talking to Brian or Alex R. but didn't have time to say much else.

But the same has held true when I've met other musicians. Most of them are regular guys and easy to talk to and love talking music as much as I do.
Back to top Go down
Topher
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Topher

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 3:34 pm

I'm pretty confident I would ask what Bruce Springsteen is like, and tell them that they played a good show.
Back to top Go down
http://youkeepthediner.tumblr.com
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 3:44 pm

anything but "OMG are you real???? (cry) OMG can i give you a hug???? (cry) OMG OMG!!!!!"
i hate people like that. can't they have a normal conversation? i mean, i know meeting a person you admire is not something that happens everyday but still... a bit of self control, people
(i'm saying this 'cause i was shocked at how the fans of 30 Seconds to Mars reacted the other day at the show...)
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 3:47 pm

I would faint. lol

I would make Brian play tin-pan alley for me.

If it was after a show, I would ask them to sign the poster for that night.

I rarely have anything else of tga on me, unless I was wearing Workin' Buds tshirt. That would be cool for him to sign.
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 3:47 pm

Bea wrote:
anything but "OMG are you real???? (cry) OMG can i give you a hug???? (cry) OMG OMG!!!!!"
i hate people like that. can't they have a normal conversation? i mean, i know meeting a person you admire is not something that happens everyday but still... a bit of self control, people
(i'm saying this 'cause i was shocked at how the fans of 30 Seconds to Mars reacted the other day at the show...)

Jared Leto makes me want to puke
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:06 pm

when i met brian before the release show, the first words were "hey, im a bit start struck, but you're brian fallon, right?" it was great. i talked about red in the morning,twitter, setlist, american slang vinyl, and the posters.
Back to top Go down
Topher
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Topher

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:15 pm

I met the band Blacklist Royals (Paper & Plastic Records) in Borders the other day, they were just kinda checkin out books, and my friend and I walked up and asked them if they were Blacklist Royals, and they were real cool, and we talked about how their tour was going, and stuff. I think it would be just like that with Gaslight.
Back to top Go down
http://youkeepthediner.tumblr.com
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender
massie1903

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:52 pm

I had to tell Brian how it was, i just said something along the lines of: "Thank you so much for all your music, it's just been an absolute pleasure to listen to, and it's helped me get into so much different stuff and broaden my tastes." That was the start. I did apologise beforehand for the cheesy speech i was about to trawl out. He laughed. Afterwards, we just kinda talked. Can't remember what, but it was pretty much how mate's would speak. Those guys are great.

Also, Benny remembered me from the gig. He was like "Red shirt! I remember you, down front" I actually remember him staring at me and smiling during the gig. Was so cooooool!
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:30 pm

massie1903 wrote:
Also, Benny remembered me from the gig. He was like "Red shirt! I remember you, down front" I actually remember him staring at me and smiling during the gig. Was so cooooool!
A friend of mine was at a Radiohead show during a big festival when he was little and got picked up by someone and went crowdsurfing. During Creep (I think) Thom Yorke looked at him and gave him a smile and a wink.
The cool thing is that there's actually televised footage of that and that you can see Thom smile at someone. That mate is soooo proud of that =D

I myself had some eyecontact with Brian during Here's Looking At You Kid in Amsterdam last week, he gave me a smile. There's some youtube footage of that as well although I'm probably the only one to notice and care about that haha If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender
massie1903

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Haha, yeah a couple of times i got stares and smirks from Brian. One of the parts about this band that I think makes them so special is how much you can see they actually enjoy the music, how much they enjoy playing it, and how much they enjoy letting others have the time of thier life.

Radiohead- great band, but sometimes far too depressing.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:08 pm

on the 4th of july my friend texted me at 1 am saying "dude I am at time to eat diner and brian fallon just walked in." we then proceeded to have a text exchange imploring him to say hello, get a picture, anything. unfortunately for him and perhaps fortunately for brian he chickened out.

this diner is 10 minutes from where i live, but i was down in dc for the holiday. so jealous he was there, and completely flabbergasted that he didn't say hello!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:39 pm

haha i don't know what i would say, i'd have to take all my concentration to not act like some girl meeting their favourite boy band^^
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:35 pm

acousticbandit wrote:
on the 4th of july my friend texted me at 1 am saying "dude I am at time to eat diner and brian fallon just walked in." we then proceeded to have a text exchange imploring him to say hello, get a picture, anything. unfortunately for him and perhaps fortunately for brian he chickened out.

this diner is 10 minutes from where i live, but i was down in dc for the holiday. so jealous he was there, and completely flabbergasted that he didn't say hello!!

in bridgewater? wtf, I was there on the 3rd eating. just my luck
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:58 am

yep, bridgewater.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:30 am

So tonight my question was answered: What would I say if I met any of the guys? Luckily I got to talk to all of them and did so without sounding like an idiot (at least I think so...)

Alex R: We talked before the show about how I needed to buy a popsicle. It was hot, and he had just bought one off an ice cream cart. I think it was a teenage mutant ninja turle shaped one lol

Brian: We talked after the show about tattoos and she showed me his Joe Strummer tattoo which I haven't seen in pictures. I also thanked him for introducing me to amazing bands (like The Clash).

Alex L: Kept it simple talking about the craziness of the show (some girl climbed on top of the tent they were playing under in hopes of getting on stage) as well as their upcoming shows.

Benny: Since I got to the show 6 hours early, and Benny must have been bored, we ended up talking for over 20 minutes before and after the show. Before the show we talked about how we were both vegetarians and how he would eat a human before he would eat an animal. Best quote from Benny: "Animals are just so innocent, how can you kill them. At least humans have done something to probably deserve it." Amazing. He was so nice and down to earth, and didn't make me feel like I was imposing on his time at all. We also talked about Jersey/New York and Voodoo Doughnuts in Oregon. Oh! And I even asked him for a "Benny-bear-hug" and he said "How did you know I gave those?" lol. I think it's safe to say that I developed a little crush on him tonight haha
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:46 am

Little Eden wrote:
So tonight my question was answered: What would I say if I met any of the guys? Luckily I got to talk to all of them and did so without sounding like an idiot (at least I think so...)

Alex R: We talked before the show about how I needed to buy a popsicle. It was hot, and he had just bought one off an ice cream cart. I think it was a teenage mutant ninja turle shaped one lol

Brian: We talked after the show about tattoos and she showed me his Joe Strummer tattoo which I haven't seen in pictures. I also thanked him for introducing me to amazing bands (like The Clash).

Alex L: Kept it simple talking about the craziness of the show (some girl climbed on top of the tent they were playing under in hopes of getting on stage) as well as their upcoming shows.

Benny: Since I got to the show 6 hours early, and Benny must have been bored, we ended up talking for over 20 minutes before and after the show. Before the show we talked about how we were both vegetarians and how he would eat a human before he would eat an animal. Best quote from Benny: "Animals are just so innocent, how can you kill them. At least humans have done something to probably deserve it." Amazing. He was so nice and down to earth, and didn't make me feel like I was imposing on his time at all. We also talked about Jersey/New York and Voodoo Doughnuts in Oregon. Oh! And I even asked him for a "Benny-bear-hug" and he said "How did you know I gave those?" lol. I think it's safe to say that I developed a little crush on him tonight haha

I'm glad that you got a practical answer to your question; I'd always been tempted to reply by saying 'whatever' (not in the snotty sense), as that's what it comes down to; you talk about whatever. If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:59 am

Little Eden wrote:

Did you get a LA Vic's burrito after the show? My experience is that they are the perfect post show meal if your in San Jose
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:14 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Did you get a LA Vic's burrito after the show? My experience is that they are the perfect post show meal if your in San Jose

Haha no, I hit up Denny's afterwards with my friends. I've never actually been to La Vic's but I heard it's really good. The closest one to me is next to The Brit & Bogey's. BTW, go to Bogey's if you ever get the chance. Sooooo yummy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Little Eden wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

Haha no, I hit up Denny's afterwards with my friends. I've never actually been to La Vic's but I heard it's really good. The closest one to me is next to The Brit & Bogey's. BTW, go to Bogey's if you ever get the chance. Sooooo yummy!

Bogeys pizza? I usually stick with San Carlos Pizza. Cheap and Greasy
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:27 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Little Eden wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

Bogey's is off of Almaden Expressway and it's amazing. I still am regretting that I didn't ask Benny if I could buy him dinner. He seemed like a nice enough guy that he'd be down for some La Vic's lol. Could just be wishful thinking though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:38 am

Little Eden wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Little Eden wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

Bogey's is off of Almaden Expressway and it's amazing. I still am regretting that I didn't ask Benny if I could buy him dinner. He seemed like a nice enough guy that he'd be down for some La Vic's lol. Could just be wishful thinking though.

Haha theres always next time. I will give Bogey's a shot once I head back up for fall semester
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:40 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Haha theres always next time. I will give Bogey's a shot once I head back up for fall semester

You won't regret it. And if you do, La Vic's is right next door lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you met TGA, what would you say?   If you met TGA, what would you say? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you met TGA, what would you say?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: The TGA Army-
Jump to: