DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you obtain press passes?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

How do you obtain press passes? Empty
PostSubject: How do you obtain press passes?   How do you obtain press passes? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:04 am

I've been trying to contact smaller magazines and record labels to get one but I've had little success. Anyone know how to get em?
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: How do you obtain press passes?   How do you obtain press passes? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:14 am

Start a blog. Post some shit. Find a PR contact through band's myspaces, email and ask with a story for your blog in mind
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: How do you obtain press passes?   How do you obtain press passes? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:11 am

My experience is more centred around photo passes. Start posting stuff you have done online. Write up some reviews of shows you have been to start building up a collection of work. With photos this is done by shooting smaller bands at venues that give you access with your camera gear anyway.

Once you have built up a website with a collection of work start approaching bands PR with a view to cover their band, run an article etc tell them what you want to do where the work will be outputted etc. Then hopefully because they can see your other work they will be more likely to give you access.

Like I said this is more the photographic process but its very much applicable to the press side of things to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you obtain press passes?   How do you obtain press passes? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you obtain press passes?
Page 1 of 1