DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Congress Passes Law Banning Scalper Bots

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

Congress Passes Law Banning Scalper Bots Empty
PostSubject: Congress Passes Law Banning Scalper Bots   Congress Passes Law Banning Scalper Bots Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 3:51 pm

In light of last week's ticket release for House of Independents in Asbury Park, which sold out in seconds, I noticed this article. It appears Congress is attempting to crack down on scalpers using bots to obtain mass amounts of tickets. I would have thought this was already illegal.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/12/08/504843205/bots-b-gone-congress-bans-ticket-scalpers-tool-blamed-for-quick-sell-outs

Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

Congress Passes Law Banning Scalper Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congress Passes Law Banning Scalper Bots   Congress Passes Law Banning Scalper Bots Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 8:02 pm

Not sure about legality, but most ticket sellers try to stop them - usually via those annoying things where you have to type a word you can barely read. It never seems to work though. There are moves to change the law here as well, but it's a difficult process I guess.

Best way around it I ever saw was when Rage Against The Machine got the xmas number one, and did a free gig by way of a thank you. When you applied for tickets, you had to submit a photo of each person you were applying for, and then they were printed on the tickets. Security checked the tickets on the way in, so I guess you could sell to someone that looked a bit like you, but it certainly prevented this anonymous online selling.
Back to top Go down

Congress Passes Law Banning Scalper Bots
Page 1 of 1