DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

buying CDs

Go down 
+9
IKeeptheDiner
simo
Izzy Eviel
MCStevepants
drifter69
DaveSavedTheDay
Jack
Angry Johnny
Palmer89
13 posters
AuthorMessage

buying CDs Empty
PostSubject: buying CDs   buying CDs Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:56 pm

With all the talk about Album being leaked and I was wondering if people still buy CDs.

I personally still buy CDs and I rather buy them than pay for tracks on iTunes. I own 34 CDs so far.
I like the way the actual CD feels in my hand, along with the booklet and if I scratch the CD, then its my personal scratch.
The other reason I still buy CDs is that I love the local music I have around me.
Living in Orange County, there are tons of good bands here and I feel like I owe it to em to at least pay 5 bucks for their CD,

So do you guys buy CDs? or stick with iTunes or torrents? and why
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

buying CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: buying CDs   buying CDs Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:01 pm

I never download songs I want to purchase via the internet. Always buy the CD's I want and I often download a few albums to give them a listen, if I like it enough, I'll buy it.

I know it's not the best argument but I must have spent £500+ on gigs, t-shirts, albums, mercehndise etc. at least that I wouldn't have had I not downloaded most of my music before buying the stuff.

All in all though, I love having the CD to hand when listening, always use my walkman/cd player on the go, not got an Ipod and don't really want one, seems too easy to listen to albums out of sequence and just one song at a time.

I guess I feel the same that old Vinyl lovers do, just a little more hi tech.
Back to top Go down
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Angry Johnny

buying CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: buying CDs   buying CDs Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:02 pm

always buy the cd's and the vinyl. something about the way the music sounds on vinyl is just better to me. usually a couple copies of each if it's something i really dig. as for itunes, the only time i buy something is if it's out of print and i cant find the physical copie anywhere. it just doesnt make sense. it's pretty much the same price as buying the cd. just buy it and import it and you have both.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

buying CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: buying CDs   buying CDs Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:04 pm

Nope. I'm a mix of vinyl and digital. I feel that way you get the best of both worlds, vinyl being the ultimate in personal shopping and collecting experience, and digital being by far the most convenient. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

buying CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: buying CDs   buying CDs Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:09 pm

I only buy legit CDs of bands I really love, Gaslight being one. I want to start getting vinyl but I need money to get a player and all that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

buying CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: buying CDs   buying CDs Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:17 pm

i download songs for my ipod but buy cds all the time,got nearly a thousand cds.just ordered senor and the queen today,taken me a while to find it cheap over here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com

buying CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: buying CDs   buying CDs Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:42 pm

i own couple 7 inch vinlys but I can't listen to em cause I don't have a vinyl player. The only reason I bought em was cause they were either cheap or they were special releases only available on vinyls like the Chuck Ragan/Brian Fallon split
Back to top Go down
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

buying CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: buying CDs   buying CDs Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:21 pm

If an album deserves to be bought, I buy it on vinyl. There's no point to cd's anymore.
Back to top Go down
Izzy Eviel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

buying CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: buying CDs   buying CDs Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:21 pm

If I could scrobble vinyl on last.fm easily I'd always buy vinyl. Since not, it's CD"s for me. I own over 200 hundred albums and over time it's worth the money. I've put my cd collection onto several computers, they're always there at arm reach and it's so easy to share them with friends. With legal downloads there so many restrictions. Want a song of a movie album? you can't buy the track you want, you have to buy the entire album. Computer crashed/broke/replaced? Too bad, you have to pay again.

And besides with physical copies, its always one of my favourite tasks to re-arrange them into various orders!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Izzyeviel
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

buying CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: buying CDs   buying CDs Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:22 pm

I own 100+ CDs but I will occasionally download from iTunes/Amazon for convenience if I can't find something at a store.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

buying CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: buying CDs   buying CDs Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:41 pm

I buy vinyl with download codes. I still go out and buy CD's, within a week or so when it comes out. Best Buy will have a cd for $9.99. Why not? 10 bucks for files, or 0 bucks for files, liner notes, sometimes bonus material, and a physical cd. I'll go with that.
Back to top Go down
torbar
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

buying CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: buying CDs   buying CDs Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:47 am

If it's an album that I'm really looking forward to, I'll buy the album the day of release at a store or pre-order it online if it comes with a shirt or poster or anything.
If it's an older album that I've downloaded, I'll buy it if I'm at a store, come across it, and have money.
If I'm at a concert I'll usually buy a tshirt or 2 and sometimes a CD.
Right now I own 40 physical CDs and 16 vinyl albums. In my iTunes library I have 323 albums(all pirated except the CDs I own), so I still have quite a few to go before I physically own a copy, but as a college student without a full time job, I can't afford to buy every CD I have downloaded.

If it wasn't for Napster back in the day I probably wouldn't listen to much music, if any at all.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

buying CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: buying CDs   buying CDs Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:15 am

Whenever this discussion comes up, I think of this article: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/illegal-downloaders-spend-the-most-on-music-says-poll-1812776.html

But that's a tad off topic. Personally, I buy the occasional CD b/c it's nice to have it in my car and just pop the album in (my mp3 player's only 8 gig, so it's sometimes a hassle to make space) or loan it to someone without having to burn off another crude Sharpie-labeled CDR. I spend much more on vinyl, and I DL a lot (just being honest).
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

buying CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: buying CDs   buying CDs Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:11 am

i used to buy cds all the time before i discovered the internet and free downloads lol.

now i only buy vinyls from bands i really really like. and download the rest.

i cant make a vinyl but i can make a cd.
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

buying CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: buying CDs   buying CDs Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:45 am

JohnnyC wrote:
Nope. I'm a mix of vinyl and digital. I feel that way you get the best of both worlds, vinyl being the ultimate in personal shopping and collecting experience, and digital being by far the most convenient. Just my opinion.

Im with you there Johnny, vinyl when possible, but digital too so i can listen to it away from the dorm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

buying CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: buying CDs   buying CDs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

buying CDs
Page 1 of 1