DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian solo show in Jersey May 7

Go down 
+17
Tobi
CluckyB
borrowedcar
dmac
Clementine
Prisoner
simo
IKeeptheDiner
ral
jeebus
JoshRaymond
colmillionaire
Johnny99
Angry Johnny
Vibes
steady now steady now
rivercities
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlJW3H5CIwA
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:54 pm

girls and their damn chit chat.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:50 pm

The way he didn't really pull out any new songs makes me wonder if Gaslight is going to be strict and not play anything from AS (except maybe the title track) until the release show.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:55 am

i kinda hope. it would be nice that way, i mean they really only have bonnaroo (sp?) before then. and given their timeslot they probably wouldnt do new ones. if any would probably be bring it on, american slang and one other. i think at least. i just hope my pre-order come a day or two a head so i can learn lyrics for the show!
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:22 am

Johnny99 wrote:

yeah. what. the. fuck. Why pay for this when you're going to talk the whole time. Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_scratch

also his voice sounds great in those two vids.
Back to top Go down
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 12:01 pm

Johnny99 wrote:

as a girl...I'll totally 2nd that...ugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:00 pm

I wasn't at this one, so I don't really know but I have found that Brian Fallon shows at the Court tend to be very loud in the crowd. A lot of the talking comes from gaslight's friends in the second room hanging out. He doesn't get the same worship from people who have known him for the past 10 years.
Back to top Go down
dmac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:51 pm

I was there... I thought it was a really awesome show, save for the OBNOXIOUS girls standing behind me, screaming "WE DID IT WHEN WE WERE YOUNG!!! FUCK STEVE JOBS!!!!! AMERICAN SLANG!!!! GIVE US CONCERT TICKETS!!!!" it was RIDICULOUS.
One of the greatest things about his solo shows/him playing at Court is all the time he'll take to talk to the crowd and explain the songs. Its usually a pretty intimate and awesome experience, but having people talk over him telling him to play a song really pissed me off. And then to yell at him to play a song and then talk throughout his entire performance? That's audacious. I give him major props for not throwing them out... coz I know they tested MY patience.
I suppose that since I live in Central Jersey and go to the Court Tavern every semi-often, the experience of his shows there has gone downhill with the larger groups of people crowding the small space. Then again, I'm happy for all their success and the court tavern could certainly use the business... Its something else to experience "We Came To Dance" there... We always have to make ourselves known when he says "Edison" and "Central Jersey" in concert, but at The Court, its almost unanimous.
Dave Hause was amazing, too. I think I might like him solo even more than I like The Loved Ones.
Back to top Go down
http://dmmaaacccc.tumblr.com
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:55 pm

very odd that only she loves you and american slang are the only new songs
i guess even though it is leaked, he still wants the songs under ropes
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:53 pm

This guy's got some videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/bxneurotic
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:43 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moofVdlSPbg

Woody Joe Acoustic!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:34 am

borrowedcar wrote:
very odd that only she loves you and american slang are the only new songs
i guess even though it is leaked, he still wants the songs under ropes

Yeah. I think they are basically acting like the leak didn't happen. Seems the right way to go if you ask me -- don't punish the fans who didn't grab the leak.

She Loves You was as awesome as it sounded when I first heard about it. I wonder if they will play it live with the full band. Top notch TGA there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:47 am

Teras by Brian Fallon and Tommy Gunn (of Communication Redlight) - the song they wrote when Brian was 19
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:53 am

And....we've got the whole set!

Who wants to make a bootleg?

https://www.youtube.com/user/yourportablej#p/u
Back to top Go down
Tobi
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:38 am

I´m already on it Wink ... until I find the time to do all the songs here`s American Slang: http://rapidshare.com/files/385569880/Brian_Fallon-American_Slang__Court_Tavern_05-07-10_.mp3
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:23 am

That's not the whole set. I found this somewhere else

Dave Hause:
Melanie (new)
Living Will
Drastic
Prague (new)
The
Cheapest Key (Kathleen Edwards)
Jane (by my request, thanks!)
Pray
For Tuscan (new)
God Bless The SOS (The Explosion)
Pretty Good
Year
Come On, Kid (new)

Brian Fallon:
Great
Expectations
The 59 Sound
Wooderson
The Navesink Banks
Old
White Lincoln
Here's Lookin at You, Kid
Miles Davis & The Cool
American
Slang
She Loves You (American Slang B-side)
I'da Called You
Woody, Joe
Senor and the Queen
We Came To Dance
Casanova,
Baby
Pop Song (Green) (Spring Heeled Jack)
? (very old, wrote
when he was 19)
Blue Jeans and White T-shirts
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:29 am

Prisoner wrote:
That's not the whole set. I found this somewhere else

Yeah, I posted the setlist earlier in this thread. It's on the first page.
Back to top Go down
Tobi
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:14 am

So I demuxed all the HQ-MP4-videos and tagged and sorted them according to the setlist posted in this thread, flyer is included as folder-pic, the videos start at the 6th song of the set ... hope you all enjoy and if someone meets this girls: kick their asses Wink ...

http://rapidshare.com/files/385961386/Brian_Fallon-Court_Tavern_05-07-10.rar
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:58 am

thank you for the upload; Teras is a real treat
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Tobi
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:59 am

Hope everyone got the Communication Redlight studio version with Brian by now: http://www.iheartblank.com/communicationredlight/audio/CRL-Teras_2009.mp3
Back to top Go down
yourportablej
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:41 am

I apologize to everyone for standing next to those girls while at the show the other night. I also apologize for drinking during the first few songs. Well basically that last apology is directed at myself for not capturing the whole show. oh well i don't think the battery would have lasted til the end of blue jeans anyway from the very get go.
Back to top Go down
yourportablej
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:42 am

oh and thanks for the links tobi
Back to top Go down
Tobi
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:48 am

Thanks a lot to you for filming and upping the show! Hope you´re alright with me demuxing the audio and upping it on here!
Back to top Go down
yourportablej
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:59 am

no prob man.

i have a Dave Hause show from earlier in the week that i still have to put up there too if anyone would like to check that out. i have 3 vids up there now.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:40 am

yourportablej wrote:
I apologize to everyone for standing next to those girls while at the show the other night. I also apologize for drinking during the first few songs. Well basically that last apology is directed at myself for not capturing the whole show. oh well i don't think the battery would have lasted til the end of blue jeans anyway from the very get go.

No need to apologize for either of these. Not your fault that they decided to spend the show talking and shouting for songs that Brian wasn't going to play.

Thanks for taping what you did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show in Jersey May 7   Brian solo show in Jersey May 7 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian solo show in Jersey May 7
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next