DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Street Dogs

Go down 
+3
Suck_It_Trebek
laurendelore
JoshRaymond
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Street Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Street Dogs   Street Dogs Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 6:56 am

They are a badass band from boston, im sure most of you kids know them.There new release State of Grace is really really good.
Back to top Go down
laurendelore
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
laurendelore

Street Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Dogs   Street Dogs Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 7:01 am

Yeah they are an awesome band, and they're really good live too. Everyone should go see them sometime in their lifetime.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Street Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Dogs   Street Dogs Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:04 pm

yeah im anxious to see who they go out with after warped
Back to top Go down
Suck_It_Trebek
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Suck_It_Trebek

Street Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Dogs   Street Dogs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:21 am

Im going to see them for the fifth time in September.

Go me.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Street Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Dogs   Street Dogs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:22 am

im going to see them with time again and flatfoot 56 thats going to be the shit
Back to top Go down
Suck_It_Trebek
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Suck_It_Trebek

Street Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Dogs   Street Dogs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:25 am

Thats the tour Im seeing.
I've seen Time Again SOOOO many times, and they are so good.
They always remember me too...Its an amazing feeling.

I have yet to see Flatfoot 56, but I love their music.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Street Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Dogs   Street Dogs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:27 am

yeah same i have yet to see flatfoot but i like them,

ive seen time again once and it was badass, daniel puched a kid in the face
Back to top Go down
Suck_It_Trebek
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Suck_It_Trebek

Street Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Dogs   Street Dogs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:29 am

Haha, the last time I saw them, Daniel was tellin us about how him and his buddy spray painted his dads car.
There was a lot more detail to the story, and it was funny as hell...But I can only remember him spray painting his dads car...
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Street Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Dogs   Street Dogs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:30 am

daniel dart is a fucking badass
Back to top Go down
Suck_It_Trebek
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Suck_It_Trebek

Street Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Dogs   Street Dogs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:33 am

Raging badass. The only similarity between Tim Armstrong and Daniel Dart is their appearance.

I dont see why so many comparisons are made as far as sound and stage presence.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Street Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Dogs   Street Dogs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:35 am

i know dude they are different in more ways then they are the same
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Street Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Dogs   Street Dogs Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:34 pm

lol i can't believe this is a real website: www.streetdogs.com

the band musta been pissed when they found out about it
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

Street Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Dogs   Street Dogs Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:45 pm

The new album is streaming at http://www.stereokiller.com/StreetDogs

Released 31/08

only five songs in but enjoying it so far.

Formation is right out of DKM's trick book but it's so fucking good.
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Street Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Dogs   Street Dogs Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:57 pm

Overall, I consider myself a huge Street Dogs fan.......been listening to them since the beginning, I like and have all 4 of thier albums, I've seen them live probably 10 times and supported them in other ways as well.

With that said, I'm not diggin this album as much as thier other ones. I guess you could say I'm a bit disappointed. This is just after one listen though; hopefully my perception will change over time, but as of now, it's not what I was hoping for.

Personally, even though I know a lot of fans disagree (and bitched quite a bit about it) I actually liked the direction of their last album State of Grace........it was diverse, so honest, passionate, and personal, Mike's vocals were great I thought, and it had just enough punk in the right places. State of Grace, Savin Hill, and Fading American Dream are all equally great albums to me and I don't think I could pick one of the three over the others. Unfortunately, I don't feel that this new album is on par with the three albums just mentioned.

I do think that the album will be percieved pretty well though, especially amongst the punk fans, as it is faster, shorter songs, harder, Mike's voice is rougher, which is probably what a lot of fans were hoping for but didn't get with State of Grace. I didn't get to examine the lyrics, but from what I heard, they are lacking compared to last album.

I know I'm rambling.....sorry. Curious to see what other Street Dogs fans think though. Check it out, as it is now streaming, as Daire mentioned and was so kind to provide the link to us (thanks!!!), but I'm not sure how long it will be available.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

Street Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Dogs   Street Dogs Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:09 am

I'm really liking it. Though I don't think the pauses inbetween each song while it buffers helps much in creating a flow and cohesion to the album; it'll sound much better on the cd I'd say. And I think they'll sound excellent live.

I think there was maybe 2 songs I though 'ugh' when listening to it. For an 18 song (and there's 3 more digital download only songs) punk rock album I think that's a pretty good achievement. Most of the songs are straight up punk, with 100% energy that's refreshing to hear, for me anyway. You can definitly hear Rick Barton's influence all over the album.

When I look back on State of Grace there are only 4 or 5 that I'd actively seek out to listen to; most of them songs I could take 'em or leave 'em. Having said that the bonus tracks from SoG were great. It looks like they're finished going ini the direction they took with SoG, Rioux (and I think Mike) is on record as saying they don't "love" that album.

Anyway, I'm rambling now...
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

Street Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Dogs   Street Dogs Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:35 pm

eh, I think they need more songs similar to "Two Angry Kids" imo, but I also like acoustic songs more.

edit: okay, it's not acoustic but it's not hard...I guess thats what I meant lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
Sponsored content

Street Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Dogs   Street Dogs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Street Dogs
Page 1 of 1