DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pookieray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade Empty
PostSubject: Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade   Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:40 pm

I thought nothing could top the last Gaslight Anthem show I attended at the Social in Orlando but I was wrong. Last night in Atlanta was my eighth TGA show and to say it was amazing would be an understatement.

My friends and I left Tampa friday afternoon, spent the night in Valdosta, Georgia and arrived at the hotel in Atlanta around 1pm on saturday. I'd been to the Masquerade two years ago for Manchester Orchestra and in that time I'd forgotten how haggard that venue looks from the outside. If you've never been it looks like an old abandoned factory/crackhouse. It's a two-story venue where the bottom venue is referred to as hell, the top is heaven which is where Gaslight Anthem played. Got there around 6pm, doors opened at 7pm and I was stationed at the barricade by 7:01pm right in front of Alex L.

The Loved Ones and Murder By Death were really good, I'd heard of both bands but never seen them live and was really impressed with both bands. Finally the guys came out and played the following:

High Lonesome
Casanova, Baby!
Old White Lincoln
Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
We Came To Dance
The '59 Sound
Film Noir
Miles Davis & The Cool
Meet Me By The River's Edge
Senor And The Queen
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
Angry Johnny and the Radio
Great Expectations
Here's Look At You, Kid
The Backseat

Encore:
Refugee (Tom Petty cover)
Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
Say I Won't (Recognize) + House of the Rising Sun mixed in
We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner
Red At Night

I had my camera on me but was too busy most of the show dancing and singing along. I know the photographer Ryan Russell was there taking pictures and so were plenty of other people so hopefully they share their pics.

After they finished "we're getting a divorce....." Brian went over to the other guys and whispered something to them, Benny and Alex L left the stage and Brian got back on the mic and talked about some fans on the other side of the barricade from me who'd been to seven straight shows on this tour so to thank them for their support he was gonna play a song he hadn't played in months. I dug my camera out of my pocket and managed to record video of Brian and Alex R playing "Red At Night" which just finished uploading so I'll attach it.

Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade   Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:01 am

thanks so much for posting the video! i know the girl that he played the song for... it was such a great show! crazy thing is that i almost didn't go... drank a little too much the night before at the nashville show and didn't get much sleep... so glad i made myself get in the car... it was my 8th too
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade   Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:36 am

damn that sounds like a great show! i went to the last show at the masquerade. from that point on i've referred to the city as "shitlanta," for various reasons, but the venue is actually pretty cool inside. seven straight shows in a row? ive seen them eight times total, but on the same tour, in a row, my max is four...guess im gonna have to up my game! maybe then i can get them to play one of the songs ive been dying to hear! im really fucking jealous of everyone that lives on the east coast, because it would be so much easier to see WAY more shows there...everything's so much closer there! i bet i could've been to twenty shows for the time and distance spent traveling to the shows ive been to. plus it always sounds like the east coast shows are more like hometown shows, more fun. hopefully ryan russell will post some pictures from the show, ive seen some great shots he's done. i like the one he did of gaslight awhile back.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade   Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:25 am

Can someone be so kind as to grab audio from this track and post it?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade   Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJpHCv8Zk1E

apparently i totally suck at standing still haha but i think the sound is pretty good and i caught a bit more at the beginning and end
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade   Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:41 pm

steph wrote:
im really fucking jealous of everyone that lives on the east coast, because it would be so much easier to see WAY more shows there...everything's so much closer there! i bet i could've been to twenty shows for the time and distance spent traveling to the shows ive been to. plus it always sounds like the east coast shows are more like hometown shows, more fun.

pity us poor Europeans; who can afford to go to a summer of festivals; at least we actually got to see TGA in Camden

and thanks for the review
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade   Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:14 pm

tigrr13 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJpHCv8Zk1E

apparently i totally suck at standing still haha but i think the sound is pretty good and i caught a bit more at the beginning and end

haha. thats my problem with trying to record shows! im too busy enjoying it!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade   Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:15 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
steph wrote:
im really fucking jealous of everyone that lives on the east coast, because it would be so much easier to see WAY more shows there...everything's so much closer there! i bet i could've been to twenty shows for the time and distance spent traveling to the shows ive been to. plus it always sounds like the east coast shows are more like hometown shows, more fun.

pity us poor Europeans; who can afford to go to a summer of festivals; at least we actually got to see TGA in Camden

and thanks for the review

you guys did get a lot of shows this summer...but i agree, festivals are not the same. small shows are way better. save up some money and come to the US for a round of shows?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade   Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atlanta Review - 10/24 at the Masquerade
Page 1 of 1