DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Buffalo Anyone?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

Buffalo Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Buffalo Anyone?   Buffalo Anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Anyone have any intel on the TownHall in Buffalo for Monday's show? Nice place? Seedy area? Good Acoustics? All ages? Parking? etc.

Saw them in Pittsburgh last month, and made the decision to roadtrip to Buffalo with a buddy of mine. Anyone else going??
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Buffalo Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Anyone?   Buffalo Anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:43 pm

yeah, i have some intel: it's The Frickin' Gaslight Anthem. go see them any chance you get. soon they'll be playing venues twice the size they are right now. you may never see them in a place this small ever again, so take any opportunity you have and go to the show
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

Buffalo Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Anyone?   Buffalo Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:46 am

Great point Jukebox. I agree wholeheartedly. That's why I'm leaving work early on Monday, driving 3.5 hours to Buffalo, watching the show, and driving back home. I'm hoping to be in bed 2:30 and up at 6 am for work the next day. All in the name of Gaslight. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

Buffalo Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Anyone?   Buffalo Anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Town Ballroom is NICE NICE NICE venue, and the BEST place to see a show in Buffalo.

Parking is interesting...the venue is on a section of the street where you can't drive-it's a train track thingy. However on the parallel street right behind it, it's not that hard to park and also there's a lot.

It's probably all-ages.

The area is decent...city...not total ghetto..but still city.
Back to top Go down
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

Buffalo Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Anyone?   Buffalo Anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 8:13 pm

The only bad thing about ballroom is that there is indeed a barricade before the stage.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

Buffalo Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Anyone?   Buffalo Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:29 am

---->MC Steve Pants--I appreciate the information on Town Ballroom Buffalo, that's helpful. I'll post a summary tomorrow.

B/c it's my 3rd time seeing them, I decided to be aggressive and bring my camera. What's the typical policy of these clubs with cameras? Can I just click away, or should I be secretive about it, so I don't get it confiscated?
Back to top Go down
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

Buffalo Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Anyone?   Buffalo Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:45 pm

I've never had a problem with cameras at ballroom. I think it's free game.
Back to top Go down
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

Buffalo Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Anyone?   Buffalo Anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:13 am

Buffalo was amazing - both bands had more energy than they did in
Rochester. I feel sorry for anyone around me and my girlfriend who were
dancing like drunk idiots haha

I took a video or two....I'll post the link later today or tomorrow when I have time to upload it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Buffalo Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Anyone?   Buffalo Anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buffalo Anyone?
Page 1 of 1