DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The White Buffalo

Go down 
+5
The Angry Johnny Revue
Jerseyrain
ral
Klown
TGA30
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TGA30
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TGA30

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 2:35 am

excuse me, ladies and gentlemen if there's a thread for these guys already. i did a quick search, and didnt see anything, so i figured id post. ill be honest, i just discovered them not that long ago, but i've been spinning their newest album, called Once Upon a Time In The West, and doing work on the jack daniels bottle this evening, and i gotta tell you, its good stuff. reminds me of chuck ragan's solo stuff a little. check em out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLAlLZgKafs

if this is old news to you guys, forgive me. if not, enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 4:37 am

I just discovered him yesterday, thanks to Chuck posting it on Facebook, incredible album that I have been pimping out over FB all of last night. It's been a while since I fell in love with music this quickly. Love it, and can't recommend it enough. Was actually going to start a thread on him myself today Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 9:10 am

Brian mentioned him on Twitter a few months back. Once Upon a Time In The West is killer. Definitely worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
TGA30
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TGA30

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 1:40 pm

yeah this album is awesome. been listening to it all day. have you guys listened to any of his previous albums, and if so are they any good? might go pick some up later.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Thanks for posting this. Your link didnt work in my country so i found the Wish it was true video and thought it was awesome. Ill be getting this album!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 4:35 pm

TGA138 wrote:
yeah this album is awesome. been listening to it all day. have you guys listened to any of his previous albums, and if so are they any good? might go pick some up later.

There's a couple of EP's but the album is the best work. Been a fan for quite some time now so had a massive "Fuck Yeah!" moment when I saw The Pilot in Gaslight's spotify playlist, and even more so when I saw Chuck hype him up yesterday. Would be awesome to have on future Revival Tours.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Certainly would be an awesome fit for The Revival Tour, and I'm sure him and Chuck would be some sight together up on stage, WWE tag champions in the making Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
TGA30
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TGA30

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 6:43 pm

Klown wrote:
Certainly would be an awesome fit for The Revival Tour, and I'm sure him and Chuck would be some sight together up on stage, WWE tag champions in the making Laughing

that was one of my first thoughts when i listened to this album for the first time. him on the revival tour would be sick.
Back to top Go down
TGA30
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TGA30

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
Thanks for posting this. Your link didnt work in my country so i found the Wish it was true video and thought it was awesome. Ill be getting this album!

ahh, i apologize. the link i posted was for a song called BB Guns and Dirtbikes. check that one out, thats the song that sold it for me.
Back to top Go down
songs like a comfort
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
songs like a comfort

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 8:20 am

Some months ago brian told that he is listening to the pilot. So I checked it out and fell in love with the album. I ordered the same night and listening to it until now and it´s really great. going to vacation today (italy) and the stuff is on my mp3-player, of course TGA rules there but white buffalo is awesome.
Back to top Go down
songs like a comfort
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
songs like a comfort

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:05 am

Been on iTunes yesterday (spend again a lot of money...) and also downloaded the album "hogtied revistet" from the white buffalo. -------> GREAT STUFF!!!

I love you check it out, it's awesome!
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 9:56 am

So happy to see a thread for WB here. I love Brian Fallon as a musician, but if there's anyone I love more it's Jake Smith.

I highly recommend seeing him perform live.

I'm obsessed with his covers as well. House of Pain, Highwayman, Bohemian Rhapsody and I'm On Fire are some of my favorites...

Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 11:11 am

CutToRibbons wrote:
So happy to see a thread for WB here. I love Brian Fallon as a musician, but if there's anyone I love more it's Jake Smith.

I'm obsessed with his covers as well. House of Pain, Highwayman, Bohemian Rhapsody and I'm On Fire are some of my favorites...

He's fantastic. I've seen him twice (once with Ryan Bingham and once with Chuck Ragan) and he killed it both times. Really great songwriter with an amazing voice.
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 3:33 pm

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
CutToRibbons wrote:

He's fantastic. I've seen him twice (once with Ryan Bingham and once with Chuck Ragan) and he killed it both times. Really great songwriter with an amazing voice.

Yeah, he's super nice guy too. I've seen him twice as well, the first time he was headlining with Roadkill Ghost Choir and The Lonely Wild opening, and the latest time was when he was opening for Chuck. I can't get enough of his music.
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 11:36 am

Make that three times Smile
Just saw he added some tour dates, going to see him in October right after seeing Gaslight. What a great month.
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 10:22 pm

Just bought tickets for a 4th show. Very Happy
Anyone else going to catch him this tour?

I'll spam some more vids.
I can't stress enough how amazing this guy is live.

Back to top Go down
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:32 pm

Love that last song, doubt many of you will recognise it as a cover of the classic house of pain by the awesome glam metal ban faster Pussycat !!!! Ask your dad or someone old like me Wink
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Rock bus wrote:
Love that last song, doubt many of you will recognise it as a cover of the classic house of pain by the awesome glam metal ban faster Pussycat !!!! Ask your dad or someone old like me Wink

Haha yeah, it's a great cover. Honestly he does some amazing covers in general (House of Pain, I'm on Fire, Highwayman, Bohemian Rhapsody...) I personally was never a Faster Pussycat fan, so I love the cover even more than the original, but the subject matter is great, and also sad, especially for anyone who has dealt with an absent parent in their lifetime.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The White Buffalo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The White Buffalo    The White Buffalo  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The White Buffalo
Page 1 of 1