DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Travelling :)

Go down 
+15
Daire
theBasemen
andy.mac
Jaywalk
thecosmickid
lynchyeatspizza
tdawg
Forum Owner
kieran
Emyr
simo
ktp
Palmer89
steph
Vibes
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

Travelling :) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 4:15 pm

But what's the right viewpoint on this economical problem: Is it like your are broke and you ain't got nothing left, or is it like getting one present less at christmas?Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Man, you're asking for huge generalizations about a country that's got, um.... 19 times the population of the Netherlands! (according to Wikipedia)
It's easier to go state by state, but even then, some states are huge so it varies. The midwest's economy's been better than the coasts, generally. Texas is pretty conservative, so our taxes are low and there are some jobs around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:25 pm

tdawg wrote:
Man, you're asking for huge generalizations about a country that's got, um.... 19 times the population of the Netherlands! (according to Wikipedia)
It's easier to go state by state, but even then, some states are huge so it varies. The midwest's economy's been better than the coasts, generally. Texas is pretty conservative, so our taxes are low and there are some jobs around.
Allright, thanks for the info. If was just wondering Wink! Hope you all stay out of the big troubles!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:53 pm

just got back from five day Yosemite trip
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:34 am

Very nice. I was just watching the pictures of it of last year when I went there. Did you go to Glacier Point, that's a wonderful view!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:25 pm

na I went all the way up Half Dome. Very tiring
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:57 pm

That must be very exhausting indeed. I only saw it from below but how was it from up the Dome? And how did you stayed there, on a campsite or what?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:59 pm

We stayed at a campsite right outside the park. Its quite nice from the top. Going up the cables was kinda difficult because it was kinda crowded. Once on the top, its a great feeling of accomplishment
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Allright, did you do anything else besides the climb to the Half Dome those five days in Yosemite?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:54 pm

I went river rafting at the Merced River and hiking at the Mariposa Grove
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:12 am

so, starting tomorrow, i'll spend one month in croatia. i am totally looking forward because this country is just so beautiful =)

will have to see what to eat though, it's kinda tough being a vegan in croatia, maybe i'll live on salad only^^
haha, it's going to be awesome once again

Travelling :) - Page 3 Brela
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:43 pm

I am currently feeling jet lagged to fuck but just got back to the hostel after taking a good wonder around San Fran. I love it. So chilled out for a city and I loved watching the fog roll in over the bridge and alcatraz.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:35 pm

Grazer wrote:
so, starting tomorrow, i'll spend one month in croatia. i am totally looking forward because this country is just so beautiful =)

will have to see what to eat though, it's kinda tough being a vegan in croatia, maybe i'll live on salad only^^
haha, it's going to be awesome once again

Travelling :) - Page 3 Brela

wow nice one! enjoy it! can't wait for our next holiday, dunno when it'll be but will definately have to get out of england for a proper break! at least i get the travel with work tho, think that's all that's keeping me sane!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Got back on Friday from an awesome month in America.

Loved it well most of it. My preconceptions about many Americans care of the media etc has been blown out of the water you are some of the most welcoming and fun people I have come across. I hit up San Francisco, Seattle and a big chunk of the wider North West region. Had mega fun.

Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:21 am

Saturday I'm going to London, which places do you recommend me to go to? I'll see the tourist-stuff anyway, but I would like to go to some more places that aren't that touristic. Maybe some rock 'n roll clubs/pubs?
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 12:35 pm

i always like walking down brick lane towards the truman brewery & spittlefields market, if the weather's good it's a cool place to hang around & have a drink at the big chill bar or something from the bbq on the courtyard, some cool shops, both vintage & quirky around there too. it's quite nice to head there & then just get lost in the streets & see where they lead. there's lots of cool grafitti in shoreditch too.

if you're more around oxford street then carnaby street is good too for good shops (you can pop in & see the levis shop too with TGA display!)

another place to walk around is the southbank too - head from the london eye towards the tate modern & walk along the side of the river, lots of things going on there - street artists, bmxers & skateboarders, then if you fancy a bit of culture the tate modern's there & it's free! Razz there's quite a good pub (or 2) on the way too.

not sure if any of those things take your fancy but have fun whatever you end up doing!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:26 pm

All solid suggestions.

I would like to add Camden Town. No not the main street full of shitty fake punk crap. The recently renovated stables market is full of all sorts of gems it has managed to retain much of the cool vibe that the rest of Camden used to have.

In terms of rock and roll pubs/bars there are a tonne in Camden perhaps the most famous being the worlds end bar which sits above one of Londons best little venues the Underworld you might be able to catch a show there I have seen a load of good bands there from Polar Bear Club to Chuck Ragan.
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 5:47 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll visit Camden and Oxford Street (Carnaby) for sure. If we have enough time we'll try to visit Brick Lane and the Southbank too. We're going to stay there till Tuesday morning (7.30). It's the first time I'm going to visit London, so I'm pretty excited. The stories I've heard were very positive, we'll see if it counts for me too!
What are your stories about London?
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:34 am

Brick lane is awesome try and get there.

I have to many London stories as I live an hour and half away when im not at university so go pretty regularly that and I worked their for 4 months but I really do love London I just wish it wasn't so expensive. One of my faveourite cities to visit after Tokyo, Hong Kong and Melbourne.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:06 am

can't believe i forgot camden! Razz haha cheers for filling in kieran tho!
london's just ace, it never sleeps & it's got a great vibe, seen so many things accidentally when just wandering around, that's the best way to do it. always try to get busses too when travelling round co you spot so much more than on the underground.
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 8:35 am

I just got back from London and it was great! The weather was fine and I've visited all your tips, they were very nice! Thank you again! The Underground and buses were also very helpful. Brick Lane and Camden were both very busy, but very fun too. I loved the people around their, it was so relaxed and rock 'n roll! Carnaby Street was nice too, bought some clothes at Levi's, them posters were cool. I told the cashier I was a Gaslight fan, after that she gave me 2 badges of TGA. She also want to give me a huge poster of them (it didn't even fit in their window), but unfortunately I was restricted to my luggage weight/room, so I couldn't get it. If you go there, you might get it!

A downside on the hole trip: All the pubs were above 18. Luckily there was a café (The Dickens Tavern) ,near the hotel, were I could drink something.

I'm definitely going back to London someday, don't know when, but I will! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Glad you enjoyed it. Shame about the pubs you will just have to come back and experience that side of Brit culture Razz

I really do love London havnt been there for a while since I was in the states and now back at uni but im going in November to see Jonsi play (singer of sigur ros) and spend some time there with me mum.
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 1:44 pm

Sigur Ros is nice indeed. The music is nice and heavy (bombastic), I like that. If you like britpop/rock I reccommend "The Van Jets". It's a Belgian band and it's beside The Gaslight Anthem my latest music-obsession. I'm going to see them the 18th of November in Nijmegen. Just 6 days after my first Gaslight-show!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:09 pm

Seeing Sigur Ros was one of those moments I will never forget had goosebumps start to finish. I really recommend Jonsi's album if you havnt heard it already. I will check out your suggestion im not the biggest brit pop fan to be honest though. My fave band out of Belgium has to be Soulwax though so good live to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 1:47 pm

so just came back from my short-trip to prague to see biffy once again and i have to say

Prague is absolutely one of the most beautiful and stunnning cities i have ever been to, sooo much to see, such nice poeple.

can't wait to go there again =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Travelling :)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next