DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Travelling :)

Go down 
+15
Daire
theBasemen
andy.mac
Jaywalk
thecosmickid
lynchyeatspizza
tdawg
Forum Owner
kieran
Emyr
simo
ktp
Palmer89
steph
Vibes
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

Travelling :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:01 am

Hope they get well Kropo. Thanks ktp, but i doubt i'll get much time to relax Smile I'm planning to have a huge w/e Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:26 pm

lynchyeatspizza wrote:
I'm off to Syndney tomorrow. (it's not out of the country, but it's still awesome). To run in the City to Surf, the worlds biggest run.with my school. Can't wait! I'll be back on Tuesday. Speak to you all then:P

In my humble one Melbourne is far better. You have the music scene, the bars, better atmosphere etc. I can imagine there is some rivalry between Melb and Sydney?
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:00 pm

As an update to my never going abroad...Have finally sent off for my passport.

Although have already booked the holiday (to Belgium for 5 days, not hugely exciting for most people but my first PROPER holiday and Bruges/Brussels/Antwerp are supposed to be gorgeous/amazing), just hoping my passport comes in time now, got 6 weeks + till the and first time passports take up to 6 weeks.

If there's a problem with my form then I'm going nowhere...just hoping all gets sorted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:27 pm

yeah, summertime is travelling time =)

i will go to paris with some friends for a few days in september, while my family is going to be in mallorca.

and i am currently thinking about going to ireland next year before i leave europe, just to spent some time there with a friend of mine.

@ kieran
as far as i know, sydney and melbourne have been rivals since day one and that is the reaon why the people in oz decided to build up canberra to solve this whole discussion about which one to be the capital. am i right???

@ palmer89
i hope everything will be figured out alright
belgium is awesome. i do not like the food but they got really good beer and chocolate. but it is very expensive. i once payed 11 euro for one tiny mixed salad in "brügge"

i still don't know which city to chose for my study in oz. i am still deciding between sydney, melbourne, darwin, perth and wollongong.
anybody can tell me something about these cities?
right now i am most attracted by perth, darwin and melbourne. perth and melbourne because i've heard, right now they are more progressive than sydney and darwin because it's kind of a small city and for growing up on the countryside i like small towns and cities.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:02 am

Yeah, i think most Melbournians rather Melbourne, and most Syndeysiders rather Sydney. Sydney was good, but i prefer Melbourne. <br><br>
Quote :
i still don't know which city to chose for my study in oz
I'll do some explaining when i get time. Darwin's weather might be a bit hard to adjust too. Hopefully i'll do some pros and cons of each city tomorrow.
I just arrived home, and i'm wrecked. 14 km run and a huge game of rugby on the beach has left me with the sore-est legs ever!
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 5:36 pm

Finally took my first holiday abroad.

Went to Belgium a week and a half back, stayed in Bruges for 5 days, went to Ghent, Antwerp and Blankenberge during our time there.

As I was promised and expected it was incredible, not exactly an adventure holiday or lots to do but didn't really want that with final year of uni just around the corner. Most beautiful place I've been to, such a nice, peaceful, calm, clean town, sort of place I'd love to live in.

Antwerp was a bit of a let down unfortunatly, Gent was pretty damn nice though.

Not to mention the phenonomen that is snookergolf in Blankenberge, never heard of it before but I believe it's the greatest invention ever, why don't they have it in Britain!?

Pretty much all the food I ate consisted of waffles, ice cream and fries and must have come back a stone heavier, ben and jerries shop was a disaster waiting to happen...

Travelling :) - Page 2 10735_145404541183_509856183_3022541_7267317_n
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 6:26 pm

That looks like one hell of a snack/meal Palmer!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 7:33 am

yeah, i guess belgium is all made of waflles, chocolate and fries Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 7:55 am

I couldn't finish it, you could literally feel the sugar and fat making
their way around your arteries and into your heart, horrible feeling
but so good! Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_cool

Off to Paris sometime in the next 6 months or so with my girlfriend to
see a few uni mates working over there, making up for my lack of travel
this year...3rd and final year of uni probably isn't the time for it
but...meh. Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 5:39 am

nice one palmer! love the ben and jerrys! your holiday diet sounds brill! might have to try that one out in the future!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:08 pm

Palmer89 wrote:
, you could literally feel the sugar and fat making
their way around your arteries and into your heart, horrible feeling
but so good! Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_cool

Like me today as I polished off a second Krispy Kreme doughnut of the day...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 6:22 pm

so, actually im gonna see some new places this year

I will be going to Montenegro, Finland and Sweden.

to all our swedish folks in here: anyone who can recommend me any locations i can visit going out at night wehre they play punk, hardcore, prog, metal, alternative, grunge?

plse help, thnx a lot =)
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:05 am

Grazer wrote:
so, actually im gonna see some new places this year

I will be going to Montenegro, Finland and Sweden.

to all our swedish folks in here: anyone who can recommend me any locations i can visit going out at night wehre they play punk, hardcore, prog, metal, alternative, grunge?

plse help, thnx a lot =)

Kafé 44 is a classic punk place
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaf%C3%A9_44
Back to top Go down
Jaywalk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Jaywalk

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:10 am

kieran wrote:
lynchyeatspizza wrote:
I'm off to Syndney tomorrow. (it's not out of the country, but it's still awesome). To run in the City to Surf, the worlds biggest run.with my school. Can't wait! I'll be back on Tuesday. Speak to you all then:P

In my humble one Melbourne is far better. You have the music scene, the bars, better atmosphere etc. I can imagine there is some rivalry between Melb and Sydney?

I'm from Sydney and I hate melbourne almost as much as I love Sydney. And yes, the city of Canberra is a direct result of an old-running rivalry between the two cities.

Oh, I have extensive ambitions involving travel, and have been to England, Ireland, Japan and Thailand. I only remember going to Thailand as I was a baby for the other three
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:12 am

Jaywalk wrote:
\
I'm from Sydney and I hate melbourne almost as much as I love Sydney.
I'm from Melbourne and I hate sydney almost as much as I love Melbourne. 
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:36 am

Oh snap. A little Aussie rivalry?
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 6:55 pm

sooo

recently returned from my 9 days trip to sweden and finland. all i can say is, if you ever get to see stockholm, don't hesitate, just do it.

stockholm is really great, a lot of very good locking people for everyone^^
only thing i never spent so much monay in such little time.

haha all i can say is ran all around the whole day and made party all night^^

definitely will be going back, nest stop: croatia + montenegro this year and hopefully ethiopia next year, cheers^^
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 5:47 am

Stockholm is fantastic the old city is beautiful and partying down in the newer parts is mega fun. I have spent a lot of time in the hold country and all though its expensive its my favourite place to travel. The people are so hospitable and great fun to.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 7:39 am

To the people talking about Australia, Melbourne is hands down the best city in Australia.

And Canberra is crappest city in Australia.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 8:32 am

andy.mac wrote:
To the people talking about Australia, Melbourne is hands down the best city in Australia.

This was my conclusion after nearly 4 months travel round the country.
Back to top Go down
Jaywalk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Jaywalk

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:17 am

andy.mac wrote:

Explain how.
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:28 pm

Hey peoples!

Last year I visited the westcoast of America, I had a great time there. But I have a question about livin' in the USA: How is living around there?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Well, um, the US is a really, really big place. Living in Seattle, Texas, Minnesota, or New York all yield very different experiences.
I've never known anything else, but I like it well enough! I love Texas, my home state, because of the people and the diversity of the state itself. There's a lot to do and see, but it's generally not as urban as the coasts. Plus, our economy isn't entirely in the crapper :\
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:53 pm

tdawg wrote:
Well, um, the US is a really, really big place. Living in Seattle, Texas, Minnesota, or New York all yield very different experiences.
I've never known anything else, but I like it well enough! I love Texas, my home state, because of the people and the diversity of the state itself. There's a lot to do and see, but it's generally not as urban as the coasts. Plus, our economy isn't entirely in the crapper :\
Well I heard some bad things about the economy and insurances, or is that more a personal than a countrywide problem?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 4:06 pm

The economy is down all around. Just some places more than others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Travelling :)   Travelling :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Travelling :)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next