DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury

Go down 
+27
I Came To Dance
Frenzal
steady now steady now
obxsully
talley
e7c
Palmer89
Dan_Dog
tigrr13
lynchyeatspizza
tomttt
ktp
ksupilot
Shallow
saint
Stalls_Standing
Prisoner
Refused
Stevearm
kieran
losethetragic
Vibes
Snap
Daire
ral
Jukebox Romeo
Holland
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:21 am

Probably doing this 'thing'
I think Bruce has just made Gaslight Anthem one of the biggest things of Glastonbury 2009. Apparently Brian came on and sung No Surrender with Bruce at this headline set?
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:33 am

That didn't happen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:34 am

Stalls_Standing wrote:

I think Bruce has just made Gaslight Anthem one of the biggest things of Glastonbury 2009.

I could see his appearance also greatly raising their profile (along with Hyde Park), and making them alot bigger as more people become aware of them.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:29 am

Man youtube took the video down. Bastards
Back to top Go down
Shallow
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:35 pm

Stalls_Standing wrote:
That didn't happen

Everyone at the Bruce forum is saying that they did duet No Surrender.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:43 pm

http://www.nme.com/news/bruce-springsteen/45687

Quote :
Having made a surprise appearance with fellow New Jersey rockers The Gaslight Anthem earlier on today, Springsteen returned the honour, welcoming frontman Brian Fallon onto the stage midway through the set to share vocals on 'No Surrender'.

Bruce also opened with a solo acoustic cover of Coma Girl
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:49 pm

No way! I want to see No Surrender and Coma Girl reallll bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:57 pm

I saw the clip of 59 sound before youtube took it down. I can't wait to see all of 59 Sound and the duet on No Surrender.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 2:59 pm

I watched the BBC broadcast of Springsteen and didn't see a duet of No Surrender. Would willingly be proved wrong though as I'm not sure whether the BBC coverage of the Boss was complete.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:06 pm

that video off the glastonbury site is ace! can't wait for the download too! for anyone in the uk bruce's set is on bb4 at 9pm so will probably see brian and bruce then! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:08 pm

Tomaldo wrote:
I watched the BBC broadcast of Springsteen and didn't see a duet of No Surrender. Would willingly be proved wrong though as I'm not sure whether the BBC coverage of the Boss was complete.

from the stuff i've found posted online, it looks like only about half of bruce's set was broadcast on bbc. also, brian is mentioned in a few reviews as joining on no surrender. i'm sure a recording will show up soon enough.
Back to top Go down
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:21 pm

ktp wrote:
that video off the glastonbury site is ace! can't wait for the download too! for anyone in the uk bruce's set is on bb4 at 9pm so will probably see brian and bruce then! Very Happy

Anyone from UK who can see the video on the glastonbury site...if you have realplayer, can't you download the video?
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:36 pm

Stupid stupid stupid stupid!!!

Just after watching Bruce's set there, and the dopey BBC showed him holding up a sign taken from the crowd asking for No Surrender, he called out and introduced Brian, Brian looks as nervous and excited as hell, and then they cut to The River...stupid ****s!
Back to top Go down
Shallow
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:47 pm

Daire wrote:
Stupid stupid stupid stupid!!!

Just after watching Bruce's set there, and the dopey BBC showed him holding up a sign taken from the crowd asking for No Surrender, he called out and introduced Brian, Brian looks as nervous and excited as hell, and then they cut to The River...stupid ****s!

I'm nervous and excited just thinking about it.

There's still no Magic DVD, so I'm not sure if we'll get a WOAD and with the tour still going I'm not sure Glastonbury will be the best show for a DVD. Of course with the last two concert DVDs he's realeased being full shows, and the probable upoming '78 DVD being a full show, I wouldn't mind a compilation DVD of '07 to '09 stuff, exxcept for the fct that the shows are so good start to finish I wouldn't want the flow to suffer.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:57 pm

The BBC obviously has footage of it, so it doesn't surface in the next few days we could politely e-mail them and ask for it?
Back to top Go down
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:23 am

Uploading Gaslight and Bruce '59 Sound right now. Should be up in 30 mins.
Back to top Go down
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:55 am

Here is the '59 Sound with Bruce.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d4b00e7de18cfc64e62ea590dc5e5dbbe04e75f6e8ebb871

Brian looks like a little kid on Christmas morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:02 am

KSUpilot wrote:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d4b00e7de18cfc64e62ea590dc5e5dbbe04e75f6e8ebb871

This is probably how I would be if someone asked me to get up on stage with the Gaslight Anthem and sing a duet with Brian!

Can't help but be pleased for him though 'cos when I've met him he's seemed (as most people who have will second) a thoroughly nice bloke who deserves all the success he gets -'singing with his heroes'!!!
Back to top Go down
tomttt
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 6:58 am

KSUpilot wrote:

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:37 am

THAT WAS AMAZING!

Last edited by lynchyeatspizza on Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:40 am

thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
Dan_Dog
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:49 am

Thanks this is amazing. I recorded them doing this yesterday at hyde park on my camera but haven't watched it back yet. I doubt though you will be able to make out who is on stage!!!
Back to top Go down
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 1:28 pm

I got a whole video of Bruce's performance, but they skip over a bunch of songs, including Brian and Bruce singing No Surrender.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 1:57 pm

It was just epic on tv, must have been brilliant live, can see TGA getting much more famous now after that performance and seeing how many people were in that tent

Cue all the cool kids talking about this great 'new band' that no ones heard of except them Wink Wink Wink

Not that I can talk...only got into them last June, not like an awful lot of people here...

Can't wait till they come back to the UK, was tempted to get day tickets for the lattitude festival to see them until I saw the price...

Ah well, heres to the next time they're down...

PS. That Bruce/Brian duet is a must see...
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 2:57 pm

frickin' ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury   TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TGA plus one (Bruce Springsteen) at Glastonbury
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next