DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling

Go down 
+21
Palmer89
The Major
ral
Jukebox Romeo
Penelope
ksupilot
TimL
Vibes
Stalls_Standing
Deeper Shade of Blue
Prisoner
Daire
Shipyards
kristi_atl
Snap
ktp
Dan_Dog
kieran
fools_gold
carson
steady now steady now
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 5:26 pm

If a Bruce/Brian duet is going to happen I think it will be Brian joining while Bruce is playing and not the other way around. On the Pinkpop festival Bruce let Brandon Flowers sing on Thunder Road. Can't see why Brian wouldn't get to sing during Bruces set
Back to top Go down
Deeper Shade of Blue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Deeper Shade of Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:15 pm

"No Surrender" or "Glory Days" probably during the encore...?

Nearly time to start queueing!!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:31 am

Im off in a second anyone who is going have a fantastic look out for my dads dodgy dad dancing haha. Enjoy people!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 6:40 am

Don't know if any of you guys know but Bruce joined the Gaslight guys on stage for a song during their set at Glastonbury yesterday. I don't know what song they sung though. I'm going to do a bit of rooting on the net now and see if I can find out.

Edit: just seen someone has posted something on this in the discussiona 'area' below this one. Oops.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:33 am

The 59 Sound was it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:36 am

Stalls_Standing wrote:
The 59 Sound was it!

Yeah, I jumped in a little too quickly with the above post- I suppose the '59 Sound was the obvious choice really. Sales of the re-released single may see a sharp increase now!
Back to top Go down
Snap
A Contender
A Contender
Snap

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 6:48 pm

Just got back (had to leave early, booooo!) but it was fantastic today. Gaslight played a load off '59 Sound, and Bruce joined them onstage again Very Happy Also in his set Brian came onstage and sung No Surrender. They didn't play anything off SoS or SatQ though.

Also Keiran I think I saw you just before Gaslight played when we were trying to find a good spot, but I wasn't 100% so I didn't say anything just in case Cool
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 6:53 pm

Was it for the 59 Sound again?
Back to top Go down
Snap
A Contender
A Contender
Snap

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Yup, i'm going away tomorrow but if my video's come out ok i'll try put it up when I get back. I'm sure there'll be loads on youtube soon anyway.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:00 pm

Brian and Alex Levine interviewed at Hard Rock Calling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME8CEiGKqV8

Edit: I changed the name of the thread so we have a centralized place for all of the Hyde Park talk
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:20 pm

Snap wrote:
Just got back (had to leave early, booooo!) but it was fantastic today. Gaslight played a load off '59 Sound, and Bruce joined them onstage again Very Happy Also in his set Brian came onstage and sung No Surrender. They didn't play anything off SoS or SatQ though.

Also Keiran I think I saw you just before Gaslight played when we were trying to find a good spot, but I wasn't 100% so I didn't say anything just in case Cool

Where you the girl in the Bronx flamingo shirt? It caught my attention being a bit of a fan.

But yeah was a nice day me and my Dad enjoyed gaslight and was very impressed with the boss. 3 hours non stop playing at his age!

Should have some videos up tomorrow. Will try and sort the pictures now.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:30 pm

During Sprinsteen's set doing no surrender.

The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 5166_136656053848_649643848_2966738_8225549_n

During Gaslights set 59 sound...

The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 5166_136650558848_649643848_2966520_2113399_n

My awesome fist pumping and I also think snap appears in this photo to if she was who I thought she was...

The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 5166_136650563848_649643848_2966521_4577561_n

The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 5166_136650573848_649643848_2966522_6118277_n

The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 5166_136645483848_649643848_2966495_1408022_n

Bonus photo. Spotted Andrew marr in front of me during Bruce (with ears like his who could miss him) he then pulled out the best Dad dancing known to man. It was a wonderful moment. I should add if your not from the UK he is a political journalist with his own show and the like very well respected.

The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 5166_136656023848_649643848_2966735_5220687_n
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:00 am

That's brilliant he joined them on stage again. I can see their profile getting a massive boost from this now. I'm glad everyone who went seemed to have a great time! (Still gutted I didn't get down to this!!)
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:39 am

It was brilliant !!!!

I am still totally worn out (I went to Hyde Park on Saturday as well), hence I will only write up a short report (rather than a review) later. However, I have managed to put my photos online for now. I'm reasonably pleased with the pics, given the circumstances (DSLR's weren't allowed).

Here is one pic for starters.

See the rest at www.gaslightanthem.org.uk/hydepark.htm

The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Tnr%20DSCF3739

Last edited by steady now steady now on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
TimL
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Backstage interview from Hard Rock Calling now online   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:02 am

Hi,
Great pictures! Just to compliment them, I wanted to share that there's Gaslight Anthem Interview at Hard Rock Calling now available on the Absolute Radio website.
Back to top Go down
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:49 pm

Here is a video of 59 Sound with Bruce from the Hyde Park performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARUmrZZ_WXs

Even better than the Glastonbury performance I think.
Back to top Go down
Penelope
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Penelope

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 6:16 pm

Brian was grinning like a Cheshire cat throughout the whole performance! Not sure if our American friends know this expression - but it means he was extremely happy! I was third row from the front and heard lots of Brooooooooos fans exclaim how brilliant TGA was! I was so proud of our guys ... my third time seeing them live!

P
x
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 6:33 pm

Penelope wrote:
I was third row from the front and heard lots of Brooooooooos fans exclaim how brilliant TGA was!

so was I, third row, a few yards off centre to the right

I only saw one other person, aside from me, in a TGA shirt, and I did go and speak to him before the show; he has seen them live 6 times, but didn't know about this forum ....; shocking, every true TGA fan should know by now
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 6:37 pm

I saw a few younger NME type kids in TGA tees. I did see however a guy with a sink or swim tattoo on his neck.
Back to top Go down
Penelope
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Penelope

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 6:55 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Penelope wrote:
I was third row from the front and heard lots of Brooooooooos fans exclaim how brilliant TGA was!

so was I, third row, a few yards off centre to the right

Me too!! I was the person who had to sit down during TGA's last song as the humidity and excitement got to me and I was feeling a bit feint!! Although I don't think anyone noticed as they were too busy enjoying the band! That was a bit scarey and sad as I was on my own and wondered who would have saved me if I did lose conciousness! I went further back for James Morrison so I could breathe a bit more easily.

P
x
Back to top Go down
Deeper Shade of Blue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Deeper Shade of Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:12 pm

I was about 6 rows from the front and did have my "gaslight anthem with love from new jersey t shirt on". Fantastic - only the 3rd time I have seen them but they get better and better and have to agree wholly with the "Cheshire Cat" comment!! Another great day!
Back to top Go down
thirdtim

PostSubject: Setlist?   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:23 pm

Hi does anybody know what the setlist was?
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:46 pm

Hey Tim, I think people are on it right now. If you register with the forum you can post properly and it's much better! You don't get no spam or nothing!
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:54 pm

Can Admins not set it so only registered memebers can post??

PS Hi Tim.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 9:09 pm

We can, but I think it's alright letting people have a 'go' before they register
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling   The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem at Hard Rock Calling
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next