DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rad dude at Sideonedummy.

Go down 
+4
Stalls_Standing
LBAZ
JoshRaymond
Asleepontheforestfloor
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Empty
PostSubject: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:02 am

Hey guys,

I placed the order for the tshirt, ap mag, and cd combo on sideone the other night, and I sent them an email asking if I could get the lp instead. They said that was cool and they didn't charge me anything extra. So I checked my email again today and the guy said he hooked me up with a blue 59 lp! I'm pretty stoked! It's cool to know that the people at this label are fucking rad and not just pricks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:45 am

That's awesome. I think I remember in an interview the Gaslight guys saying one of the reasons they signed with SideOne was because they were a bunch of genuine people who they just hang out with...
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:49 pm

damn that is awesome
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:51 pm

They have a video on their official youtube that shows you around SideOneDummy.
The two guys who own it/run it are really genuine guys who began SideOne after they got ripped off by their own record label when they were younger.
They wanted to create a place that gave the bands total control over their finances, tours and all other aspects but still be there to guide them along and offer them help, advice and useful connections.

It is probably much easier to control your music career if you know exactly waht is going in and going out, with no middle man playing chinese whispers.
I imagine you could just ring the guys who own it and be able to chat to them like real people which would be very different to a label like Warner for example. Nobody really knows who runs that show but I think the moeny plays a big part.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nomies_alien_lover
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:29 pm

link to that video please
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyaF3ufhhIU&feature=channel_page
There you go.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:34 pm

That Jackknife to a Swan canvas is quality. I'd love one!
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:40 pm

That's awesome! I wanna go work at side one now!!! haha
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:03 pm

Yeah, my stuff came in today! I still can't believe I get all of that for 15 bucks!

But anyways, I read the article and it is really good! It's about 3 pages long and includes a little column about benny and alex's experimental metal project.

This article only improved the way I view gaslight anthem. I can't get over how humble these guys are! If you get a chance to pick up a copy or just read a scanned copy online, you should try to sit down and read this.
Back to top Go down
shawzy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
shawzy

PostSubject: Re: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:21 pm

Article was awesome! Does anyone know of any other mags they have been featured like this in??
Once again I got screwed not living in U.S these deals never apply to us Canadians
Back to top Go down
http://www.stephenshawdesigns.com
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 12:43 pm

i did enjoy the article

i wish they would have sent me the red shirt instead of black
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:24 am

I can't get the magazine in the UK- I would have got the offer if I could- but I agree, its one of the best articles on Gaslight I have read. You can find a lot of articles and reviews about the band here:

http://sideonedummy.com/press.php?band_name=The_Gaslight_Anthem
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:30 am

I think you can get back issues from here.
http://altpress.com/shop/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=257

TGA posted the link on myspace a while ago.
I have yet to order it though. Funds are low after reluctantly splashing out on numerous revision guides.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:29 am

$8 delivered outside the USA isn't too bad, thanks for that link. I think that works out about £5.30. I too am low on funds and have exams, although I think I'm past the days where revision books could help me, unfortunately. In turn, this means buying expensive academic books- or alcohol, CDs, and vinyl!
Back to top Go down
Jase
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:19 am

joe sibb is co owner of sideonedummy, he is one of the greatest men i've ever met. even as a stupid teenager when i first met him all those years ago when i first saw his band 22 jacks play the first ever show on aussie soil, he had so much time to chat with not just me, but anyone that wanted to.

22 jacks also had the legendary steve soto playing guitar
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:50 am

My last name is Armstrong..awesome haha, those guys seem pretty cool though, I hope TGA sticks with em
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:40 am

They've gotten pretty big offers from other labels, but they said "we like these guys". ahah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rad dude at Sideonedummy.   Rad dude at Sideonedummy. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rad dude at Sideonedummy.
Page 1 of 1