DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alkaline Trio

Go down 
+31
33RPMHero
prettyontheinsidex
A_Regular
Danieljsmith
Mr.Grieves
Camus
Jack
Klown
mirrorenigma
steph
Labhras
plugga
Gaslight23
moreblue
LuceroDiehard
PFREEZY
Silver
Jaywalk
isthisreal
sonix
laurendelore
Refused
Smodgers
Forum Owner
lhdez
e7c
Suck_It_Trebek
JoshRaymond
syebot
PatientFabiWheel
JakobDoetman
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Alkaline Trio - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:51 am

Wasn't it discussed, that Dan is fine when he isn't around Matt, and it's Matt that is basically the bad influence (granted, you have to be willing to give into that in the first place, so I guess it takes two to tango)

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:35 pm

I agree with everyone saying they've been somewhat disappointing lately. Something is definitely up with Matt, his Sekrets show in Chicago was appalling from what I read and saw online. He really needs to get his act together.

And as for their live show, it really depends what they're playing. I saw them on the This Addiction tour and they were pretty boring. I was also sick that night, but they didn't really do anything for me and they played less exciting songs. I saw them again last summer for their 15th? anniversary tour and they played all old stuff and it was awesome. I guess it just depends.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:49 pm

I am liking this new song. Can't wait for the new album.
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:59 am

Danieljsmith wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
I find myself liking Dan and Matt's side projects more than their Alkaline Trio stuff.

^ This.

I don't want to seem to negative, but I really wouldn't mind if the Trio called it a day shortly. Don't get me wrong, I love them, in fact, my first and only tattoo is of their logo, but their side projects are much better.

And something happened to me which pretty much ruined them for me. I went to see them in Cardiff just over a month ago. I was waiting round the back of the venue after the show to get photos, like a creepy fan. Skiba told me he was really ill and to be fair, looked really ill. He had a big globule of snot hanging from his nose. I got the photos, then my friend and I decided we would continue drinking elsewhere. So, after a quick trip to McDonalds, we found a bar, went in, and started drinking.

After a few minutes, some girls came over to us, saying 'There's the really creepy guys trying to buy us drinks, they're like, twice our age, do you mind if we come and sit with you?' We didn't mind the extra company, so they sat with us and started talking to us. When we asked them where they were sitting, they pointed and said 'Over there, I think they're American or something.' So I look over. It's the Trio and Dave Hause. Not all of the trio I might add, just Matt and Dan. Don't know where Derek was.

So, I was a little freaked out to be sat a few seats away from my favourite band in the world, but I decided I wasn't going to be the annoying fan, and just left them to themselves. Except they were really loud and obnoxious, shouting, banging the tables, jumping in front of people queuing for drinks, and just generally, being dicks. Which was heartbreaking for me. Never meet your heroes.

Eventually, they left (and the girls that came and sat with us left with them), and we stayed behind for a lock-in. We got talking to some of my friend's friends, who had apparently, been there the whole time, we'd just not seen them. One of them said to me, 'Did you see the guy in here earlier, who threw up and then took his clothes off and started dancing?' I hadn't, so he showed me a video he'd took. It was Matt Skiba... So much for being ill.

The worst part is that I WISH I was making it up.

besides he may have lied about being ill, or what makes more sence is that he had taken drugs, it seems he had a pretty good time. it's called partying guys, come on guys, let the guys throw up and get naked as muck as they want to, I think it's a funny story Smile
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:59 am

What are everyone's feelings on the new album then? I'm sure it will get mixed views.
Back to top Go down
Tiffany
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Tiffany

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 3:00 pm

I like the new album. I saw them live last night. They were awesome.
Back to top Go down
lol_paul_ledoux
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 3:31 pm

one of my favourite punk bands. I tried to dig the newer stuff after crimson but I just cant. It just lacks the punk rock sound imagery that I like.

Alkaline Trio's older material is very vivid with it's subject matter of drowning away your sorrows in booze/drugs. Most of it was played fastly and just ruled.

I was supposed to go see them last week in Boston but I had a cold so didnt feel like being in a crowd.
Back to top Go down
lol_paul_ledoux
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 3:34 pm

Danieljsmith wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
I find myself liking Dan and Matt's side projects more than their Alkaline Trio stuff.

^ This.

I don't want to seem to negative, but I really wouldn't mind if the Trio called it a day shortly. Don't get me wrong, I love them, in fact, my first and only tattoo is of their logo, but their side projects are much better.

And something happened to me which pretty much ruined them for me. I went to see them in Cardiff just over a month ago. I was waiting round the back of the venue after the show to get photos, like a creepy fan. Skiba told me he was really ill and to be fair, looked really ill. He had a big globule of snot hanging from his nose. I got the photos, then my friend and I decided we would continue drinking elsewhere. So, after a quick trip to McDonalds, we found a bar, went in, and started drinking.

After a few minutes, some girls came over to us, saying 'There's the really creepy guys trying to buy us drinks, they're like, twice our age, do you mind if we come and sit with you?' We didn't mind the extra company, so they sat with us and started talking to us. When we asked them where they were sitting, they pointed and said 'Over there, I think they're American or something.' So I look over. It's the Trio and Dave Hause. Not all of the trio I might add, just Matt and Dan. Don't know where Derek was.

So, I was a little freaked out to be sat a few seats away from my favourite band in the world, but I decided I wasn't going to be the annoying fan, and just left them to themselves. Except they were really loud and obnoxious, shouting, banging the tables, jumping in front of people queuing for drinks, and just generally, being dicks. Which was heartbreaking for me. Never meet your heroes.

Eventually, they left (and the girls that came and sat with us left with them), and we stayed behind for a lock-in. We got talking to some of my friend's friends, who had apparently, been there the whole time, we'd just not seen them. One of them said to me, 'Did you see the guy in here earlier, who threw up and then took his clothes off and started dancing?' I hadn't, so he showed me a video he'd took. It was Matt Skiba... So much for being ill.

The worst part is that I WISH I was making it up.

can we see this video?

a good buddy of mine tours with a fairly large band. I believe they played in Australia or Asia and flew back into Los Angeles, on the same flight as Matt Skiba. Apparently, as soon as the plane landed, Skiba was questioned by airport security because he was high and ended up having more drugs on him.

It's fairly obvious that this dude has no self control. Which is really stupid because he is a gifted artist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alkaline Trio
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4