DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alkaline Trio

Go down 
+31
33RPMHero
prettyontheinsidex
A_Regular
Danieljsmith
Mr.Grieves
Camus
Jack
Klown
mirrorenigma
steph
Labhras
plugga
Gaslight23
moreblue
LuceroDiehard
PFREEZY
Silver
Jaywalk
isthisreal
sonix
laurendelore
Refused
Smodgers
Forum Owner
lhdez
e7c
Suck_It_Trebek
JoshRaymond
syebot
PatientFabiWheel
JakobDoetman
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:16 pm

plugga wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbErJY9XC1E&feature=related how good is this live?

i like that song, plugga. i'm not the biggest Alkaline fan ever by any means, only a casual listener, but they have a couple songs i really love, like "Queen of Pain" and "Radio" (although, don't shoot me, i like HWM's cover of "Radio" better silent )
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:20 pm

steph wrote:
plugga wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbErJY9XC1E&feature=related how good is this live?

i like that song, plugga. i'm not the biggest Alkaline fan ever by any means, only a casual listener, but they have a couple songs i really love, like "Queen of Pain" and "Radio" (although, don't shoot me, i like HWM's cover of "Radio" better silent )

I could never hate you ahahah
I actually love them a lot, mostly because i started listening to them when i was 14, too many memories, at the revival tour dan played one of my favorites (every thug needs a lady) and i think i may have completely lost it ahahah
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:22 pm

plugga wrote:
steph wrote:
plugga wrote:

I could never hate you ahahah
I actually love them a lot, mostly because i started listening to them when i was 14, too many memories, at the revival tour dan played one of my favorites (every thug needs a lady) and i think i may have completely lost it ahahah

haha.
i totally get that. it's like how they say you never forget your first love, you never forget the first band you loved! mine was third eye blind, and i still love them, even though they haven't put out anything that compares to their first record.
and i can totally get why people get really into Alkaline Trio.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:25 pm

I'VE GOT A BIG FAT FUCKIN BONE TO PICK WITH YOU MY DARLIN'
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:28 pm

steph wrote:

IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T HEARD I'M SICK AND TIRED OF TRYING
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:34 pm

plugga wrote:
steph wrote:

IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T HEARD I'M SICK AND TIRED OF TRYING

I WISH YOU WOULD TAKE MY RADIO TO BATHE WITH YOU, PLUGGA'ED IN AND READY TO FAAAALLLLLLL
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:35 pm

That'S HOW I WILL SING IT FROM NOW ON
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:38 pm

plugga wrote:
That'S HOW I WILL SING IT FROM NOW ON
yesss Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mirrorenigma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mirrorenigma

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:48 am

Warbrain is one of my top 3 fave alkaline trio songs... I died when I heard it at the end of Great Expectations... coz its my favourite gaslight song! :-P
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Oh man...that's so sad...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:42 pm

I really like This Addiction but I'll admit I haven't heard too much else by them. I want to, though.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:48 pm

anyone hear about the matt skiba show last night in chicago??

he was super drunk and drugged out and couldn't sing...apparently most of the people left after three songs...everyone on twitter was talking about it.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:49 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
anyone hear about the matt skiba show last night in chicago??

he was super drunk and drugged out and couldn't sing...apparently most of the people left after three songs...everyone on twitter was talking about it.

I posted the video at the end of the last page Smile

Klown wrote:

Oh man...that's so sad...

Quote :
Jadedpunkhulk
SKIBA SHOW UP TO 1ST SEKRETS SHOW COMPLETELY FUCKED UP. BUT IF HULK SEE SELF IN MIRROR DRESSED LIKE GOTH POCAHONTAS, HE GET FUCKED UP TOO.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:54 pm

Skiba needs to sort himself out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:55 pm

this is not even sad to my anymore considering this isn't the first time it has happened.

anyone remember the LA show of the revival tour where he apparently took too many pills or something.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Camus wrote:
Skiba needs to sort himself out.

He's been having a lot of problems with something lately, as I remember him breaking down on Twitter to Chuck, and how he had made a fool of himself. Chuck tried to help him etc. via Twitter. Common rumour seems to be coke.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:02 am

I find myself liking Dan and Matt's side projects more than their Alkaline Trio stuff. I still love them though and listen to them enough to annoy everyone around me.
Back to top Go down
http://mrgrieves21.deviantart.com/
Danieljsmith
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Danieljsmith

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:10 am

Mr.Grieves wrote:
I find myself liking Dan and Matt's side projects more than their Alkaline Trio stuff.

^ This.

I don't want to seem to negative, but I really wouldn't mind if the Trio called it a day shortly. Don't get me wrong, I love them, in fact, my first and only tattoo is of their logo, but their side projects are much better.

And something happened to me which pretty much ruined them for me. I went to see them in Cardiff just over a month ago. I was waiting round the back of the venue after the show to get photos, like a creepy fan. Skiba told me he was really ill and to be fair, looked really ill. He had a big globule of snot hanging from his nose. I got the photos, then my friend and I decided we would continue drinking elsewhere. So, after a quick trip to McDonalds, we found a bar, went in, and started drinking.

After a few minutes, some girls came over to us, saying 'There's the really creepy guys trying to buy us drinks, they're like, twice our age, do you mind if we come and sit with you?' We didn't mind the extra company, so they sat with us and started talking to us. When we asked them where they were sitting, they pointed and said 'Over there, I think they're American or something.' So I look over. It's the Trio and Dave Hause. Not all of the trio I might add, just Matt and Dan. Don't know where Derek was.

So, I was a little freaked out to be sat a few seats away from my favourite band in the world, but I decided I wasn't going to be the annoying fan, and just left them to themselves. Except they were really loud and obnoxious, shouting, banging the tables, jumping in front of people queuing for drinks, and just generally, being dicks. Which was heartbreaking for me. Never meet your heroes.

Eventually, they left (and the girls that came and sat with us left with them), and we stayed behind for a lock-in. We got talking to some of my friend's friends, who had apparently, been there the whole time, we'd just not seen them. One of them said to me, 'Did you see the guy in here earlier, who threw up and then took his clothes off and started dancing?' I hadn't, so he showed me a video he'd took. It was Matt Skiba... So much for being ill.

The worst part is that I WISH I was making it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:13 am

Jesus, that's enough to put me off them!

What made the girls change their minds? They left with the "creepy" guys! Did they realise who they were?
Back to top Go down
Danieljsmith
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Danieljsmith

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:43 am

I have no idea why they left with them, maybe because they were buying them drinks all night! I had told them who the Americans were though. And I was wearing my Trio shirt that I bought at the gig...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:58 am

Danieljsmith wrote:
I have no idea why they left with them, maybe because they were buying them drinks all night! I had told them who the Americans were though. And I was wearing my Trio shirt that I bought at the gig...
...girls go for status.

Typical!

Really shocking story though. I saw the Revival Tour a few times and Dan seemed like a nice guy, at least on stage - mentioned his family a few times and how much he missed them.
Back to top Go down
Danieljsmith
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Danieljsmith

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:22 am

I know, that's what ruined it for me. I was at the revival tour in London, and he was great, but his behavior with the girls was inappropriate. I knew Dan was married, Matt has a girlfriend (I think), don't know about Dave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:49 am

I don't have a problem with them going out and having a good time. I don't have a problem with musicians using their job to get girls either, I know I'd probably do it!

But cheating on their partners and acting like drunken idiots in the process just makes them seem like arrogant wankers.

They're not all bad. I saw Chuck Ragan in a pub a couple years back after the Leeds Gaslight gig and he was great. I didn't bother him but he had time for fans wanting to talk to him, just looked to be enjoying a pint and chat with other people in the pub. Seemed like a really nice bloke.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:05 pm

I always thought if they would buckle down and went back to their earlier sound they could be bigger.
Back to top Go down
http://mrgrieves21.deviantart.com/
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:06 pm

Damnesia is fucking awesome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Trio   Alkaline Trio - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alkaline Trio
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next