DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER

Go down 
+4
Stalls_Standing
geezfools
e7c
kcdc
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender
kcdc

Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Empty
PostSubject: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:40 pm

Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Gaslig10

So I just came across this while visiting the XOXO site. Go to Altpress.com or the link below I've provided to enter the contest (you need to register first). The Grand Prize includes a test pressing of Sink or Swim that would go nicely with your collection.

Link:

http://www.altpress.com/contests/325.htm

Info below and pic above from the XOXO site:

XOXO Records / Alternative Press Contest
XOXO Records and Alternative Press have teamed up and put together a fantastic contest to celebrate the Gaslight Anthem first AP Cover. Here is what you can win:

GRAND PRIZE

1 Gaslight Anthem Sink Or Swim vinyl test pressing
1 Let Me Run Meet Me At The Bottom LP 1st pressing on splatter vinyl (limited edition of 300)

FIRST RUNNER-UP

1 Let Me Run Meet Me At The Bottom LP 1st pressing on red vinyl (limited edition of 700)
1 Beat Strings Fang In Rain CD

SECOND RUNNER-UP

Selections from XOXO Records catalog on CD, including:
The Gaslight Anthem Sink Or Swim
This Charming Man Every Little Secret
Let Me Run Meet Me At The Bottom
Beat Strings Fang In Rain
Beat Strings Love Lust Wonder
Hands Down Eugene Madison
Monument Decades
Crayon Rosary Crayon Rosary

Last edited by khchausk8er on Thu May 07, 2009 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/kcdc

Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:08 pm

That's a nice first prize...
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:11 pm

hmm... I thought there were only 5 copies of the SOS Test Pressing, I know each guy in the band has one copy... and I have the other one..
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:23 pm

when they did the third pressing, they had new tests done, so this could be from that batch....
Back to top Go down
http://18milesaminute.wordpress.com
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender
kcdc

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:24 pm

Yeah I thought I read somewhere that there was only 5 copies. I guess XOXO had this copy and agreed to use it as a prize.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:25 pm

Chris Moran (he writes for PunkNews.org) told me that when they did the auction of the TP, he was told there were only 5 copies.
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:35 pm

well, I know for a fact there was more tests made for the third pressing. XOXO would have a first press, but I think jason told me he didn't have one. So who knows, I'd say there are more than 5 total, but maybe only five from the first press.
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender
kcdc

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:59 pm

I got a reply from XOXO through email, they said they were not sure on the exact # of test presses but it came direct from hellbent records which they licensed the record to.
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender
kcdc

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 4:01 pm

So maybe this is a new test press? I wonder how many there'd be now.
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 4:05 pm

yeah, I talked to jason as xoxo ages ago about test presses and he said he didn't have a copy, but that hellbent probably did. I tried getting in touch with that guy for months, but could not make it happen.
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender
kcdc

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 4:35 pm

So got one more reply, it says that as far as he (she? not too sure who replies for the XOXO mailbox) knows it was only the test pressing.

But like you said there was a second test pressing.

I'm not sure how licensing works exactly, but would hellbent be allowed to do a second test press?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:34 am

I've not a clue about test pressings, but I signed up especially to enter, so fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:41 am

Well, like I said earlier, when no idea did the third press, (I think they're kind of doing it since it seems hellbent has disappeared for the most part), I think they started doing them in the states, rather than overseas. So they had the plates or whatever shipped here, new tests done to make sure everything was fine before they did the purple and green. The first test ever on eBay was from that batch. I have no idea how many were made(I've asked), if you really wanna know, get in touch was var at No Idea, but I doubt he'll have an exact number for you either.
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender
kcdc

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:43 pm

Last day to enter, hope it is somebody here on dimesaints who wins it!!!
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:47 pm

I hope its me! hah!
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 5:13 pm

well shit....I forgot about this. Did anyone actually mail in an entry? I'm gonna mail one in today as well as enter online, kind of stoked.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 6:55 pm

I mailed in a few entries...
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:20 pm

i wouldnt mind winning this..lol
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:45 am

Anyone have a link for the online entry, I'm too tired to look much harder =/
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender
kcdc

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 3:22 am

It was on the first post, hope you managed to enter your name.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:00 pm

Can you still enter? I know the mailed in entries had to be Post Marked by the 27th...

also, any idea when they will announce the winner? it just says prizes must be claimed by the 7th of march
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:38 pm

is it bad of me that I had been hoping no one would pay much attention to this thread so that my odds of winning would be greater?
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:26 am

I'm the same, I guess it's closed now. And we just gotta wait on the winner
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:43 am

I would like to think people forgot about this thread to give me more chance of winning, but I'd forgotten myself that I entered this...it must have been quite a while back.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:44 pm

Whoops, too late.

Oh well, I love gaslight and all, but I don't need a test press or anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next