DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Long Drives - different version

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
howkflakegirl1
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Long Drives - different version Empty
PostSubject: Long Drives - different version   Long Drives - different version Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 7:47 pm

So I got my copy of Painkillers today and I absolutely love it, great record and still growing on me. I was just wondering what everyone thought of the new version of Long Drives? I like it, however I find myself preferring the older Molly and the Zombies version
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Long Drives - different version   Long Drives - different version Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 10:20 pm

howkflakegirl1 wrote:
So I got my copy of Painkillers today and I absolutely love it, great record and still growing on me. I was just wondering what everyone thought of the new version of Long Drives? I like it, however I find myself preferring the older Molly and the Zombies version

I actually like it more. I think it is more optimistic and I really enjoy the additional instruments.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Long Drives - different version   Long Drives - different version Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 11:34 pm

Maybe in the minority but I like this version way more. I liked the Molly version but this is a completely different song and fits in way better with the album. To me, the theme of Painkillers is looking back on things that were lost from a point where you're not sad about them anymore, just nostalgic and willing to accept that things are different now. This version of Long Drives fits in perfectly with that theme.
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Long Drives - different version   Long Drives - different version Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 12:38 am

I much prefer the original version personally
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Long Drives - different version   Long Drives - different version Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 1:10 am

I'm making a point not to listen to the old versions of the MATZ songs again until after I see him play tomorrow so I'm not thinking about the changes but from the get go I've liked the new version more. There's something about it that makes it feel more complete or like as if the old version was him kinda messing around to see what he could get and like this was what came of it when he took it seriously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long Drives - different version   Long Drives - different version Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long Drives - different version
Page 1 of 1