DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian says struggle of divorce shaped recent record

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Brian says struggle of divorce shaped recent record Empty
PostSubject: Brian says struggle of divorce shaped recent record   Brian says struggle of divorce shaped recent record Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 9:38 am

Brian Fallon has revealed he struggled with the making of latest Gaslight Anthem album Get Hurt as he lived through his divorce from wife Hollie.

The band’s fifth studio outing launched last month – but while the frontman says the split shaped much of the material, he doesn’t see it as a breakup album.

Brian says struggle of divorce shaped recent record 640x360

Fallon tells Canoe: “It’s what happened during that period, and a lot of the stuff in there is about that. A lot of it is my frustration and my struggle. But I’ll tell you one thing: it’s not Bob Dylan’s Blood On The Tracks, that’s for sure – but I’m developing my opinions as I go.”

He insists playing the songs from Get Hurt live won’t trigger any emotional response from that period of his life. “You work through whatever you’re going through at the time you write the song," he says. "Once you have something done that people are resonating to, it almost becomes more about the people you’re singing to and what it means to them.”

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-09-02/gaslight-anthem-album-hurt-brian-fallon
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Brian says struggle of divorce shaped recent record   Brian says struggle of divorce shaped recent record Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 3:09 pm

Cool, thanks for sharing!!

Now, he DOESN'T see it as a break up record? Wow, I wonder what he would've come up with if he really wanted to make a break up record. Makes me even more curious about what might me in his lyrics notebook haha!
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Brian says struggle of divorce shaped recent record   Brian says struggle of divorce shaped recent record Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 3:48 pm

ivienco wrote:
Cool, thanks for sharing!!

Now, he DOESN'T see it as a break up record? Wow, I wonder what he would've come up with if he really wanted to make a break up record. Makes me even more curious about what might me in his lyrics notebook haha!

I know right...
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian says struggle of divorce shaped recent record   Brian says struggle of divorce shaped recent record Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 8:02 pm

thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian says struggle of divorce shaped recent record   Brian says struggle of divorce shaped recent record Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian says struggle of divorce shaped recent record
Page 1 of 1