DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt

Go down 
+42
Harbortown
njguy99
Steve70s
Thunder Peel
prettyontheinsidex
aaydmc2
NeverTrustAJunkie
steady now steady now
Kasia
riversedge
bringiton_ty
flannel
PennStateRLZ
RobertODonnell
colmillionaire
jzancan
StitchesOnTheRadio
eagles1139
TGAFAN25
bradleyjp
cdala
zerb012345
ivienco
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Anya_TGA
Mountie
Leigh
Hasler09
Christophe
Rizz
matkins
The Last Jukebox Romeo
mingus
enola
Holland
JimmyB
Jaws
The_River
miked331
pleasepassthesoup
Debonair
Shrewsbury_Stars
46 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Empty
PostSubject: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:02 pm

Really great piece in Noisey:

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/the-gaslight-anthems-brian-fallon-just-wants-a-normal-person-life
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:16 pm

Admin note: This confirms his divorce. Thank you to everyone who's respected his privacy who knew. Please though be respectful with discussion. Stick to the facts presented in the interview(s) and not rumors. And don't speculate.

We still want to be respectful to his/the band's private life.

Thanks all

Last edited by Debonair on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:17 pm

Great article. All of what he was going through really came through in the writing on this record. Having gone through something very similar not all that long ago, it probably explains why I've found myself instantly relating to most of the songs.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:19 pm

Great read
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:26 pm

Well it was all here in the open on the lyrics, so... Great read anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:27 pm

Well, that clears a lot of things up. Great article.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:36 pm

I thought that was what was happening, but I wasn't going to say anything out of respect for Brian and not to start false rumors. Great read.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:43 pm

Well that sucks a lot for Brian, i feel for the man, and it does explain a lot. But its one of the better and more insightful articles i have read for a while, even though as usual there is too many Springsteenisms.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:46 pm

Holland wrote:
Well that sucks a lot for Brian, i feel for the man, and it does explain a lot. But its one of the better and more insightful articles i have read for a while, even though as usual there is too many Springsteenisms.

I think the Springsteen discussion is pretty important for this article, though. It's a big part of what Brian's had to deal with since the band's blown up. It's directly relevant to the article's topic rather than being a lazy reference by a journalist doing a half-assed job.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:49 pm

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
Holland wrote:

I think the Springsteen discussion is pretty important for this article, though. It's a big part of what Brian's had to deal with since the band's blown up. It's directly relevant to the article's topic rather than being a lazy reference by a journalist doing a half-assed job.

I agree
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:52 pm

miked331 wrote:
pleasepassthesoup wrote:
Holland wrote:

I agree

True true, i just can't help but sigh a little when it gets mentioned.

Last edited by Holland on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:58 pm

Great article! Extremely insightful and very well written. It all makes so much sense and will help us to understand the album even better.

My favourite part is this

Talking to Fallon over lunch, I notice he smiles more than I've seen over the last year

That makes me really, really happy.

Oh and if this article provokes any questions for you, you have until Aug. 19th to submit them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:14 pm

Goosebumps from this article. Brilliant read!

The thing I absolutely love in this band is that it's essentially a learning process for the man himself. He doesn't pretend to know it all, he's just picking it up as he goes and he doesn't deny that. Love the honesty here.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:16 pm

And oh yeah, he's already doing slightly better in the review section than he expected Very Happy

"Fallon thinks his fans will grow to accept the record and understand its place in the progression of the Gaslight Anthem, especially if they've followed his side project, the Horrible Crowes. The press, on the other hand, he firmly believes will hate it. “One out of five,” he says prophetically. “I would put money on it—that of every five reviews, one out of five likes it. And two out of five vehemently hate it.”

http://www.metacritic.com/music/get-hurt/the-gaslight-anthem

Last edited by mingus on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:16 pm

Absolutely fantastic interview! Really enjoyed reading it.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:19 pm

I'm really glad that Brian decided to share this info through through Dan Ozzi (whom he trusts). I cringe at how other journalists might have twisted it or added their own assumptions.
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:21 pm

Unbelievable read! Really looking forward to hearing these songs live now...
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:37 pm

Great article confirming what I suspected. Really heartbreaking for him and although not married for 10 years I can completely relate to the feelings expressed through the songs I have heard from Get Hurt so far. I can't wait to hear the album properly on Monday, I know it is exactly what I need in my life right now.

The last line “I’m just trying to figure it all out, man.” really struck a chord with me as I am trying to do the same now. I hope I find solace in this album. Thank God for people like Brian.
Back to top Go down
Hasler09
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Hasler09

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:42 pm

I don't think i remember reading an interview that I was actually sad when it ended. Great work. Brings more meaning to a lot of what we are hearing on this album.
Back to top Go down
Leigh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:42 pm

Think I'd just about die if someone ever compared me to Brian.

If I ever wait his table though, won't bother him. It'd just be nice knowing he actually exists.
Back to top Go down
Mountie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 2:07 pm

Tremendous article. Instantly made me appreciate the new songs more.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 2:28 pm

interesting reading
Back to top Go down
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 2:36 pm

Well now the drug references are even sadder.
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 2:45 pm

JacksSmirkingRevenge wrote:

I don't really think it's sadder. It says he has prescriptions BUT he chooses to skip the medication to actually work things out on his own. I think that's brave, as long as his decision does not put anyone in danger (and I don't think it does).
Back to top Go down
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 2:51 pm

ivienco wrote:
JacksSmirkingRevenge wrote:

I don't really think it's sadder. It says he has prescriptions BUT he chooses to skip the medication to actually work things out on his own. I think that's brave, as long as his decision does not put anyone in danger (and I don't think it does).

Not that, I'm talking about the lyrics of various songs on the record where he's talking about someone else using drugs and how the relationship's crumbling. "Your reds, your blues, and your cocaine." "You only get high on the weekends, why don't you feed on me for a while," that stuff. I've been in relationships like that and it's awful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt   Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Opens Up About Coping With Success, Divorce, & His Need to Make Get Hurt
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next