DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]

Go down 
+112
simo
BossTime
azlisa
biggs
TheDTYP
macci
DaisyLu
JukeboxJuliet
shredderrrrrr
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
PPQ
JenF
Bobul
katechampagne
onbackstreetsinbackseats
moreblue
gchestney
BKO5950505
23Punk
AndWithTheWindowDown
njguy99
Unorthadox1080
Shrewsbury_Stars
B701
loazis
HaveMercyMae
bringiton
ccr_2108
bt211
Jack
Labhras
Harbortown
HolyBreakOfDay
Steve70s
chigurh
TooMuchGaslight
jensomniac
PennStateRLZ
CapedAvenger
Anya_TGA
cdala
No Retreat
Chappers
dmckella1
Holland
kappanera
kristyn
Keele
lol_paul_ledoux
magnificentdreamer
ral
Boy From Little Eden
danny4690
nebraska
Kasia
JimmyB
jonnyz83
DeathoftheCool
MKULTRA
SouthJerseyTGA
Mountie
sinkorswimmydear
SirBrad
JacksSmirkingRevenge
borrowedcar
jzancan
HorribleCrowe
CasanovaBaby90
Hasler09
ivienco
rumham
pepperedham
The_M23
NotLikeWeBleed
mingus
bradleyjp
White Man In Hammersmith
The_River
33RPMHero
Christophe
Jaws
eagles1139
poormrpitiful
mja271
miked331
bringiton_ty
Jerseyrain
zerb012345
The Angry Johnny Revue
riversedge
StateOfMind
steady now steady now
Vanderlyle Geek
The Last Jukebox Romeo
bobbyjames
Prisoner
Hanswurst
crsmsi
StitchesOnTheRadio
colmillionaire
Yozzy
pleasepassthesoup
Thunder Peel
enola
Casey
TGAFAN25
NervousFeet
TGA30
bigbug
RobertODonnell
Debonair
Franco3088
116 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:59 am

Does anybody know how to stream the record from Germany?
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 4:03 am

would love to know a way to listen to this, too ...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 4:04 am

Cowboys wrote:

My friend in Canada made a fake US itunes account. I don't know how easy it is to do that but it may be worth a shot. It worked for her.

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/tips-tricks/how-to-open-a-us-itunes-account-without-credit-card/

Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 4:05 am

My initial favorites after a caffeine-fueled, late night first listen (subject, perhaps destined, to change): Stay Vicious, Stray Paper, Red Violins, Break Your Heart, and Have Mercy.

I would also add that Sweet Morphine and Mama's Boy's sounded like they could become favorites, once I work out the lyrics. I do see why they are bonus tracks, as they're way too folksy compared to the rest of the album.

Also, I can't see this becoming the definitive version of Halloween for me. People complained about the production of the fan club version, but this one sounds worse to me, Brian's vocals sound even weaker than the live recording, and Laura-Mary Carter's backing vocals really bumped the original up a notch, I think.

Okay, that's all for tonight.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 5:14 am

So lame it's only for the ones with Itunes accounts
Back to top Go down
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
bobbyjames

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 5:42 am

If someone finds a (legal, forum friendly!) way to listen to this outside of the US without having to use iTunes, please share! I'm stuck in work all day without access to iTunes!
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 6:12 am

bobbyjames wrote:
If someone finds a (legal, forum friendly!) way to listen to this outside of the US without having to use iTunes, please share! I'm stuck in work all day without access to iTunes!

I second this...the total euphoria of seeing "now streaming" to total devastation  Mad
Back to top Go down
Vanderlyle Geek
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Vanderlyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 6:23 am

Well this is a massive bummer, I NEED TO LISTEN TO IT
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 6:25 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Cowboys wrote:

My friend in Canada made a fake US itunes account. I don't know how easy it is to do that but it may be worth a shot. It worked for her.

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/tips-tricks/how-to-open-a-us-itunes-account-without-credit-card/

this actually worked fine for me and it just took me about 5 minutes till i could hear the album!!
Thank you very much for this link! Smile

Back to top Go down
Vanderlyle Geek
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Vanderlyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 6:29 am

iTunes might as well do their worst to me , yea-ea
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 6:38 am

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
bobbyjames wrote:

I second this...the total euphoria of seeing "now streaming" to total devastation  Mad

to spare others your plight, I have amended the topic to "[now streaming on US iTunes]"
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
StateOfMind
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 7:19 am

This album is really really good, selected poems is nice, helter skeleton is real catchy!
Back to top Go down
Vanderlyle Geek
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Vanderlyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 7:27 am

I'm not spilling links, but if you know where to look you can find a rip online
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 7:27 am

It's leaked, btw. Obviously I won't post links but its out there if you're all interested. Sure as hell should be.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 7:36 am

I think somewhere along the line after American Slang our boy Fallon forgot how to write decent fast paced songs. I'm not sure I've ever come across a record that relies so heavily on the second half to hold it up (and that's only when counting the Deluxe iTunes version as a whole). With the exception of Get Hurt and I suppose Stay Vicious if I'm being generous; up until Red Violins the first half of this album belongs in a trash can not on a record player. Everyone got so up in arms about the press' reaction but I really do think the indifferent reception is justified. Maybe if they were wedged between the better tracks of the album it wouldn't be so bad but in the first half you've got this block of 4-5 utterly dire stadium rock songs that with their use of cringey forced special effects are trying too hard to be different to anything they've done before ultimately ending up tarnishing the record greatly.

If Sweet Morphine, Mama's Boys, Halloween, and Have Mercy were swapped in for 1000 Years, Helter Skelter, Rollin' & Tumblin', Underneath the Ground (and I guess Stray Paper can stay just if the oooooh's and aaaaaah's become tolerable) you'd have a fucking masterpiece. One that would still show a lot of progression in the band's sound and improved musicianship whilst being able to hold true to what made the fans fall in love with this band in the first place.

The good songs on Get Hurt are superior to the good songs on Handwritten but there's just as much if not more filler. In 6 months time I worry this album might just gather dust in the back of my mind much like Handwritten did. I'd hate to think what TGA greats are being replaced from the setlists for the shows to make room for a lot of this gimmicky crap.

I think what hurts the most is after the astounding quality of the songs MATZ put out I jumped right back on the Gaslight/Fallon bandwagon and tricked myself into thinking something a long the lines of "Okay we can pretend Handwritten never happened. Everything is fine in the fanboy world."
If tragedy struck and for whatever reason TGA was no more after the release of American Slang they'd be forever remembered without argument as one of the greatest bands to have graced the planet.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:20 am

Am I the only one getting a Lorde vibe form Have Mercy?
Back to top Go down
Vanderlyle Geek
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Vanderlyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:36 am

zerb012345 wrote:

I'm on my second listen, but this crossed my mind too
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:40 am

Vanderlyle Geek wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:

I'm on my second listen, but this crossed my mind too

So I'm not crazy. I mean I'm not complaining, I love Lorde. I really liked that song.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:46 am

It's a shame this has leaked. I know many leak downloaders will buy the album too but many will take their free rip off whatever site is streaming it and be content with stealing, which is what it is I guess. Give the band their due and buy it guys. People who have been excited for so long about the album surely could have waited one more week to hear their own copy. I know the band will likely be annoyed by this leak and rightly so. As much as I'm looking forward to it and especially after some favourable reviews, I'll be waiting to have a real copy not some download. Shame on those who leaked it.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:51 am

I have not listened and probably will not until a physical copy is in my hand. Looking forward to hearing it and either hating or loving it Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 am

Jerseyrain wrote:
It's a shame this has leaked. I know many leak downloaders will buy the album too but many will take their free rip off whatever site is streaming it and be content with stealing, which is what it is I guess. Give the band their due and buy it guys. People who have been excited for so long about the album surely could have waited one more week to hear their own copy. I know the band will likely be annoyed by this leak and rightly so. As much as I'm looking forward to it and especially after some favourable reviews, I'll be waiting to have a real copy not some download. Shame on those who leaked it.

I've pre-ordered several versions and plan on STILL going to a local store on release day to buy another copy. Trust me, I've put in more money than most have on this. Besides, I'll most certainly delete the leak and again, buy another copy directly from iTunes. I don't know if it's quite fair to shame those who are downloading the leaks.

Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:59 am

After 3 listens I absolutely love this album. It's certainly going to push some people away but it's also going to bring a lot of people in.

The only song I didn't get was underneath the ground. Stray Paper, Dark Places and Stay Vicious are my favorites so far.
Back to top Go down
Vanderlyle Geek
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Vanderlyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 10:07 am

Jerseyrain wrote:

I agree that downloading leaks is never good.

But think let's see it from the other side, a lot of people have been hyped for this album for months and are dying to listen to it (same goes for me) And then it turns out you can't stream it because it's US only. This is not the bands fault, it's the record company and they should have made it available for everyone.

Then again I have pre-ordered the deluxe version on CD and Vinyl.
Back to top Go down
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
bobbyjames

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 10:12 am

Their label putting the album up for stream only on the US iTunes is an invite for people outside of the US to illegally download it in my eyes. It's bloody 2014, what's the point in country exclusivity!?
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 10:12 am

I think i'm out after this record.

After 2 times listening through the whole album besides the awesome "Underneath the Ground" nothing really stuck in my head. Mostly generic sounding pop/rock songs with no ideas after the 2nd minute. Not Bad, though, but really nothing special...

"Break Your Heart" is just horrible cheesy and "Halloween" still has been best in its first released version: Fallon on acoustic guitar.

"1000 years", "Get Hurt" & "Rollin and Tumblin" are solid songs that i may play every now and than, but the rest is - in my opinion - mostly forgettable...

just my opinion on this, i nevertheless respect the boys willing to go into this direction musically but heres the point where i say good by Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]   'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Get Hurt' album (general discussion) [Out Now]
Page 2 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next