DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]

Go down 
+88
rem999
Casey
HorribleCrowe
henn
Álvaro
StateOfMind
mja271
TGAFAN25
mvw
simo
big blue
marcsnitz
Lukazi
jensomniac
angryjohnny27
borrowedcar
thomas94
Brother Beck
brianisbae
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
33RPMHero
Hasler09
vamike
infoghost
aelliott88
White Man In Hammersmith
jonnyz83
Steve70s
23Punk
bt211
moosicmaniac
Unorthadox1080
ivienco
RobertODonnell
Shrewsbury_Stars
Boy From Little Eden
cmigs
Thunder Peel
Forum Owner
DeathoftheCool
Christophe
Keele
Vanderlyle Geek
The_River
flannel
miked331
Jerseyrain
tigerstrom29
CasanovaBaby90
gaslightfan89
No Retreat
ral
osumarko
steady now steady now
Andy_
Vibes
pleasepassthesoup
HolyBreakOfDay
Debonair
rumham
Prisoner
pepperedham
jzancan
bradleyjp
Hanswurst
Jack
CapedAvenger
NervousFeet
TooMuchGaslight
StitchesOnTheRadio
kappanera
riversedge
Harbortown
eagles1139
nebraska
The Last Jukebox Romeo
SirBrad
colmillionaire
bringiton_ty
bootime
Jaws
cdala
Erik Drost
njguy99
poormrpitiful
zerb012345
Halcyon
bringiton
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:39 pm

I'm just so so so excited for all these news.The only thing that bothers me is, obviously, the cover.And Ian not being in the new facebook profile photo.Can't wait to see them in Milan,Zurich and Amsterdam Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:41 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I find the cover art offensively boring and disappointing and I'm not too enthralled with the title either. The song kinda sounds like Too much blood v. 2.

I'm really excited about the album but I'm kind of on the fence, not really expecting too much.

Not to be negative...but I agree with all of that. On the bright side, maybe it's better to have low expectations? And I actually am intrigued by the song titles, so there's that. And it's coming out several weeks before I expected it.
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:41 pm

riversedge wrote:
'Stray Paper'

really?! haha
I don't know what Stray means, just tell me is not the kind of paper used in the bathroom and I'm fine.
Back to top Go down
TooMuchGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TooMuchGaslight

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:01 pm

Now I feel just like a stranger
I dont't sleep out all anymore (?)
In the arms that you still hold me
Well i'll be .....(?)
And I feel just like a murderer
And I feel just like a .....(?_
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Harbortown wrote:
The song kinda sounds like Too much blood v. 2.

Yeah, the thought crossed my mind as well.  pale 
Back to top Go down
NervousFeet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
NervousFeet

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:07 pm

Also, you can fight the Gaslight macbeth shoe on Journeys' website. Can't post link because just made this account (forgot my old username >_<)

I of course love TGA and I've pretty much worn nothing but Macbeths since about 2008 but I personally don't think this is an interesting shoe at all. It's a plain black skate shoe, almost as disappointing as the Get Hurt album art.

BUT I'm intrigued by the video and fully prepared to love pretty much anything these guys do. I just  dearly hope it's good
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:10 pm

TooMuchGaslight wrote:
Well i'll be .....(?)

"Now I feel just like a stranger
I don't sleep at all anymore
and the arms that used to hold me
Well now they've done me harm,
and I feel just like a gun,
I been shakin...."
Back to top Go down
TooMuchGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TooMuchGaslight

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:14 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
TooMuchGaslight wrote:
Well i'll be .....(?)

"Now I feel just like a stranger
I don't sleep at all anymore
and the arms that used to hold me
Well now they've done me harm,
and I feel just like a gun,
I been shakin...."

Thanks, you did a much better job than i did  Very Happy 

I'm really excited for this album, love Brian's voice, and the teaser song really sounds like Too Much Blood, what isn't a bad thing I think.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:17 pm

A good day!

Album name, artwork (which i like) track listing, and release date announced. and the release date is a bit sooner than i expected. Ticket pre-sales released to fanclub members. No UK dates yet, but they must be in the works.

As a track name, Helter Skeleton is ridiculous to the point of me laughing every time i read it.

I've got to say - that YouTube teaser doesn't fill me with excitement. Not my sort of thing at all, and probably the grunge-iest thing they've ever done (unless anyone can think of another example?). But i suppose you can't judge a song on hearing 40 seconds of it 3 times.
Back to top Go down
NervousFeet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
NervousFeet

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:17 pm

Preview song is probably "Stay Vicious" according to Shazaam
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:28 pm

I actually love the artwork. Simple to the point where it seems classic, just because I've never seen anything like it as an album cover. And I really like the song titles. Digging the song clip. Only thing I'm not that keen on is the album title just because it seems like the episode title of a sitcom starring the guys: The Gaslight Anthem Get Hurt! When Brian starts running with scissors and pokes Benny in the eye, they divide their apartment in half with tape down the middle. Tune in for all the wacky escapades from your favorite Jersey boys!

Last edited by Jack on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:28 pm

Barresi wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

second this, not so pleased with it  Neutral
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:29 pm

NervousFeet wrote:
Questionable. For one, since when did Shazam give "probable" results? And for another, how would Shazam have access to the album as a basis for the tag?

I would say that logically, it's probably Stay Vicious (as the album opener) or Get Hurt (as the title track).
Back to top Go down
bradleyjp
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
bradleyjp

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:30 pm

Love the artwork, clip still needs to grow on me.
Back to top Go down
http://bradleyjp.me
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:41 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I find the cover art offensively boring and disappointing and I'm not too enthralled with the title either. The song kinda sounds like Too much blood v. 2.

I'm really excited about the album but I'm kind of on the fence, not really expecting too much.

It's super simple, but I don't mind it.  As much as I've liked their past covers (minus Handwritten), they were pretty busy (maybe not so much T59S but even that was very stylized), so I welcome the change.

I get what you're saying with Too Much Blood v. 2, especially in the vocal line, but it's an improved TMB, I think.  A little faster, grittier, lower vocal registry...I would say a cross between TMB and Biloxi Parish.  A small sample isn't enough to sway my expectations at all (which are uncharacteristically even-keeled at the moment), but it does its job in hooking me in.  I'm intrigued.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:53 pm

The difference between this and Too Much Blood is that song sounded like a band playing at an idea and this sounds like a band confidently playing something coming naturally to them.

And even though I like the album art, I have to say it would've been better if they had used the darker, distressed heart that's featured on some of the merchandise. Now THAT looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
pepperedham
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
pepperedham

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:00 pm

I really dig it.

The artwork could have had a little something more to it but the speaking of the snippet itself I really dig it. I look forward to hearing the whole song.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:05 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
Barresi wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

BUT, if you're like me, and looked forward to TMB when the clip of that song came out, and were disappointed with the actual song, then maybe this will be the reverse? (I'm trying to think positive here).

Edit: Thought I should probably give it a second listen before I continue bitching about it. Liked it better the second time. But it's so short, so who really knows what we'll think of the whole thing!

Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:10 pm

Erik Drost wrote:
Tracklist Get Hurt:

1 Stay Vicious  
2 1,000 Years  
3 Get Hurt  
4 Stray Paper  
5 Helter Skeleton  
6 Underneath The Ground  
7 Rollin' And Tumblin'  
8 Red Violins  
9 Selected Poems  
10 Ain't That A Shame  
11 Break Your Heart  
12 Dark Places

+ Bonus tracks on deluxe versions:

1 Sweet Morphine  
2 Mama's Boys  
3 Halloween

(source:https://store.universalmusic.com/thegaslightanthem/*/Music/Get-Hurt-EXCLUSIVE-Double-Gatefold-Vinyl/3DBH040T000)

Rollin and Tumblin is an old blues song. The most famous version is the one by Muddy Waters.
It could be a cover, but it's probably a homage

Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:22 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
NervousFeet wrote:
Questionable. For one, since when did Shazam give "probable" results? And for another, how would Shazam have access to the album as a basis for the tag?

I would say that logically, it's probably Stay Vicious (as the album opener) or Get Hurt (as the title track).

Definitely 'Stay Viscious' ....got an e-mail through from Gaslight and it said "...featuring their song Stay Viscious"
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:27 pm

After HW I've tapered my expectations for them a bit. The preview doesn't change much for me. I wish they would stop chasing the stadium rock sound which with the larger venues seems to be what they're after.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:30 pm

So happy Halloween is a B-side!!!! more new music for us!
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:33 pm

Looking through the track listings, I think Red Violin would have been a beautiful album title. There are a few others I'd have picked over Get Hurt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:35 pm

I definitely agree that it sounds like a more confident TMB.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:37 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Hanswurst wrote:
Barresi wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

BUT, if you're like me, and looked forward to TMB when the clip of that song came out, and were disappointed with the actual song, then maybe this will be the reverse? (I'm trying to think positive here).

Edit: Thought I should probably give it a second listen before I continue bitching about it. Liked it better the second time. But it's so short, so who really knows what we'll think of the whole thing!

wow yeah you're right! Very Happy so - looking forward to the whole song!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]   'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Get Hurt' - the new Gaslight Anthem album (advance discussion) [out 11/12 August]
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next