DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

thesoulofaclown.com (My new website)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

thesoulofaclown.com (My new website) Empty
PostSubject: thesoulofaclown.com (My new website)   thesoulofaclown.com (My new website) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 8:10 pm

Hi all
Having written for a couple of online music sites and magazines, I have taken the big step of setting my own up.

As many of you will know, getting something like this off the ground is hard, so looking for some help. This is especially true when it comes to getting pr companies and record labels to deal with you. It is a bit of a catch 22, as they are unwilling to send you stuff if they doubt your coverage, but you need decent stuff to promote the site!!

Therefore, if as many of you as possible could like and follow the website and the Facebook page it would really be appreciated.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thesoulofaclown/611901708864220?ref=ts&fref=ts

http://thesoulofaclown.com

As a bonus, I have already reviewed The Gaslight Anthems b sides album:

http://thesoulofaclown.com/2014/01/19/the-gaslight-anthem-b-sides-album-review/

Hope you like the site (and if you don't then please just still 'like' it and then just opt out!!)
Cheers

Last edited by Rock bus on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: thesoulofaclown.com (My new website)   thesoulofaclown.com (My new website) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 8:40 pm

Some notes for you:

-I'm pretty sure you meant the blue collar American dream, not white collar. White collar refers to upper middle class business people.
-SideOneDummy, not OneSideDummy
-American Slang is Gaslight at their most produced, not Handwritten?

And there's a lot of little grammar things. Not saying this to be mean, but you should proofread more in the future. It shows a professionalism that I'm sure you're going after. Nice start and good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: thesoulofaclown.com (My new website)   thesoulofaclown.com (My new website) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 8:45 pm

Cheers for your comments and your right need to update those things.

Will always struggle with the grammar, but at end of day it's just a hobby not a professional thing.

To me, American Slang does seem more produced than Handwritten - it's just more 'shiny'
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: thesoulofaclown.com (My new website)   thesoulofaclown.com (My new website) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 6:50 am

Rock bus wrote:
As many of you will know, getting something like this off the ground is hard, so looking for some help. This is especially true when it comes to getting pr companies and record labels to deal with you. It is a bit of a catch 22, as they are unwilling to send you stuff if they doubt your coverage, but you need decent stuff to promote the site!!

Although I run the most detailed TGA fansite ( www.gaslightanthem.org ), this side of things has given me no end of frustration. SideOneDummy occassionally sent me stuff, though usually after I had already picked it up online, but Mercury just doesn't care, even though I know TGA's manager well enough and have met some of their PR people. Every Tom, Dick and Harry (do American's say that?) gets sent promo discs etc. to flog on ebay, but someone who actually runs a relevant site gets f**k all. And when I do get good advance or inside info, I usually mustn't tell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: thesoulofaclown.com (My new website)   thesoulofaclown.com (My new website) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 9:30 am

To say they're a fickle bunch is an understatement!! I guess like most things in life there are a few who are just genuine nice people and happy to help others out but the majority are just after what they can get Sad
To be honest, best response comes from the bands themselves and I am quite happy to also try and do my bit and give some of the smaller or new acts some exposure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thesoulofaclown.com (My new website)   thesoulofaclown.com (My new website) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

thesoulofaclown.com (My new website)
Page 1 of 1