DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L.

Go down 
+4
CluckyB
eagles1139
JimmyB
Shrewsbury_Stars
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L. Empty
PostSubject: New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L.   New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L. Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:45 pm

Interesting read:

http://www.mtvhive.com/2013/05/01/gaslight-anthem-barbershop/
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L.   New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L. Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 8:20 pm

Shame I am not in Jersey, or I would schedule for one.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L.   New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L. Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 8:27 pm

I would pay stupid money to chill in the van and shoot the shit with whoever's in there for the few minutes it takes Alex to cut my hair.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L.   New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L. Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:24 pm

Not really surprising. We got new records in 08, 10 and 12, no?
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L.   New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L. Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:18 pm

The question is when will the Fallon solo album be released...And when will it be recorded? It seems like he's still in the writing phase and they're got a lot of touring up ahead so I don't know when he's gonna get in the studio.

If I could guess I'd say solo album November/December and new Gaslight in the summer of '14.

Pretty nice, with TGA, Horrible Crowes and a solo album it looks like we have four years straight of some form of a Brian Fallon album.

Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L.   New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L. Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:19 am

I would totally get my haircut by Alex.

Yeah, kinda figured 2014 for the new album, but im glad we have conformation now.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L.   New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L. Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 1:21 am

eagles1139 wrote:
The question is when will the Fallon solo album be released...And when will it be recorded? It seems like he's still in the writing phase and they're got a lot of touring up ahead so I don't know when he's gonna get in the studio.

If I could guess I'd say solo album November/December and new Gaslight in the summer of '14.

That'd be ideal but that's a lot of writing in a short amount of time, if you consider how much they're touring. But Brian's (and all the guys) a hard worker, maybe he'll make it happen. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L.   New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L. Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 2:21 pm

It does seem like a lot of writing in a short time span. This is just speculation of course, but I'd assume he's got some stuff that just doesn't "feel" like a TGA song. That was at least the reasoning behind Ed Roland's Sweet Tea Project, Eddie's Uke Songs, etc.

If he tours or does the Revival Tour again, would be cool to check out. Love the reworked, slowed down version of Boxer from the iTunes session
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L.   New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L. Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 6:00 pm

FrankieG wrote:
Yeah, kinda figured 2014 for the new album, but im glad we have conformation now.

It was definitely the obvious bet, fits their usual pattern of every 2 years now.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L.   New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L. Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:58 pm

Roe wrote:
It does seem like a lot of writing in a short time span. This is just speculation of course, but I'd assume he's got some stuff that just doesn't "feel" like a TGA song. That was at least the reasoning behind Ed Roland's Sweet Tea Project, Eddie's Uke Songs, etc.

If he tours or does the Revival Tour again, would be cool to check out. Love the reworked, slowed down version of Boxer from the iTunes session

Same for why he did the Horrible Crowes project. It'd be awesome if he did the Revival Tour again. Like if he came out with this solo record in like November, then wrote the next record and recorded it sometime in march again, then hopped on a spring revival tour (probably in the US because that seems to be the pattern) and then took some time off in may and june, then started touring again in early July with the release of a new Gaslight album...that could work right? Baring any unforseen/unknown to us, schedule issues? Although I'd rather see him do a mini solo tour rather than the revival tour (as much as I love it).

I'm just gonna sit here and get my hopes up for all of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L.   New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Gaslight Record in 2014 According to Alex L.
Page 1 of 1