DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to make friends as an adult?

Go down 
+17
elnoiangles
FrankieG
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
redheadchick
Christophe
HolyBreakOfDay
bringiton
jonester
steph
JimmyB
prettyontheinsidex
LuceroDiehard
Paddy
DiamondSinatra
StitchesOnTheRadio
NeverTrustAJunkie
jdc
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Big Tuna
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

How to make friends as an adult? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make friends as an adult?   How to make friends as an adult? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Hah, interesting thread. Ironically it's been something on my mind as of late. 6 months ago I came out of a 3-year relationship, and having naively worshipped the ground she walked on I severed ties with a few friends & find myself a bit lost. Chalk it up as experience I guess. I have 1 or 2 good mates, and then my work mates, but I'd hardly call it a thriving network.

I've always wanted to meet like minded people into the same sort of music as myself, I think passionate fans of rock music are a dying breed, well at least in the social circle i find myself in... Sad
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: How to make friends as an adult?   How to make friends as an adult? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Anyone find out how? I always manage to ruin every time I try.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: How to make friends as an adult?   How to make friends as an adult? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 8:12 pm

I find a new friend over a forum and now we are writing every day over facebook, but I have never met her yet, because she lives in Spain. I think over forums you can make a lot of new friends because they share the same interests. Wink
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: How to make friends as an adult?   How to make friends as an adult? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 10:23 am

Walk up to random people. Challenging but rewarding
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: How to make friends as an adult?   How to make friends as an adult? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 10:26 am

Or you could net a few while they're walking on the subway platform. hunting in bulk produces better results. friend hunting, i like that idea! haha  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: How to make friends as an adult?   How to make friends as an adult? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 2:14 pm

Forums are good to know people but they almost never live near you, and what I'm looking for is some friends in my city.

I talked earlier in this topic about my old friends from business school, I saw them again last month and we decided to organise something every two months, so I'm happy. I wish I could get closer to one of them again but she's so busy, I don't know...
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: How to make friends as an adult?   How to make friends as an adult? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 8:01 pm

It's so funny how so many people have kind of the same story. This happened to me too in my mid 20s, when I broke up with my bf of 4 years and moved back home after uni. I've since reconnected with high school friends and they, and their friends, became my support system here.

All the best ways to meet people have been mentioned. Joining a class / gym / group of some kind is the easiest way to meet people, but in my experience most of those people won't have much in common with you.

I think the best way to meet like minded people would be in shows, if you're sociable enough for it. I, for instance, am not. But that's what the internet is for!

I have made friends on forums and such, people I flew in to meet and who I'm still friends with after almost 10 years. Distance is relative.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: How to make friends as an adult?   How to make friends as an adult? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 am

cdala wrote:

I think the best way to meet like minded people would be in shows, if you're sociable enough for it. I, for instance, am not. But that's what the internet is for!

^This is very true. Particularly at Gaslight shows. I don't know why, but they seem to attract the friendliest crowd I've encountered. It's very easy to start chatting with someone, and once you realize how friendly these people tend to be, you get more confident about talking to them (trust me, I'm not normally sociable either). It helps if you get in line hours before a show starts. You and the other 5 people waiting tend to get bored if you don't chat! Plus it can be a little awkward to ignore each other  Razz 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make friends as an adult?   How to make friends as an adult? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to make friends as an adult?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2