DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'

Go down 
+33
Rizz
Andy_
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jack
chickenman
redheadchick
brucesboots
Jerseyrain
lostintheflood
eagles1139
CluckyB
CapedAvenger
OldManShoes3
bringiton_ty
zerb012345
Xanthias
The Last Jukebox Romeo
matkins
NYYFAN523
azlisa
JimmyB
jzancan
onbackstreetsinbackseats
njguy99
Shrewsbury_Stars
Holland
Labhras
Steve70s
bringiton
enola
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Going along with what Jimmy is saying, Brian was probably thinking about writing non-gaslight stuff for the past few months, and when asked about THC he may have been in the mindset of "well if it's not gonna be gaslight, I guess it'll be Crowes stuff that I do next". And for whatever reason, he decided or circumstances decided for him "nah, solo project would work better". Just a theory.

But yeah even with how hard a worker Brian is, I can't imagine we're gonna get a solo record and a THC record this year, plus a TGA album next year. Although I wouldn't complain if it happened, haha.
Back to top Go down
lostintheflood
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 am

Debonair wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
Awesome and terrible things? Neutral

While I would be great to have a better understanding on aspects of his life its important to keep things in perspective. It's his personal life and issues, both good and bad, and it should come from him (or band/involved members).

Other wise you start looking like a creepy stalker and we don't want another Brian's photo taken fixing his front door incident now do we Wink He felt pretty intruded upon his personal space with that.

I mean there's a reason he's being vague - prob wants some privacy.

Also this falls into that other topic awhile back about what gets said after shows/back stage. Sometimes they might just be speaking off the cuff and you shouldn't be telling everyone.

-Just some friendly reminder post/in sight.

Haha. I think it's fairly obvious at this point what he's referring to. I'm amazed nobody has noticed, but okay!
Back to top Go down
http://brailleclub.bandcamp.com
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 8:53 am

Hey-you might think you ( or another user) might know. It's still up to Brian and associated parties to talk about and announce. We don't need gossip about the bands personal lives on here. If its announced by official means (I.e interview. Twitter. Blog post etc.) i would say its fair game to talk about! (To a degree obviously, it's still their personal lives, and it can get kinda "stalker ish")

i will add though that family/friend accounts don't count as "official".. Weren't people "stalking" some of Brian's family members(or someone) online? I remember that didn't sit too well with him in some interview...

Just be respectful, I'm sure Brian will talk about it when he feels ready.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:59 am

THIS!
And thank you, Andrew for clarifying once again. High Five

Debonair wrote:
Hey-you might think you ( or another user) might know. It's still up to Brian and associated parties to talk about and announce. We don't need gossip about the bands personal lives on here. If its announced by official means (I.e interview. Twitter. Blog post etc.) i would say its fair game to talk about! (To a degree obviously, it's still their personal lives, and it can get kinda "stalker ish")

i will add though that family/friend accounts don't count as "official".. Weren't people "stalking" some of Brian's family members(or someone) online? I remember that didn't sit too well with him in some interview...

Just be respectful, I'm sure Brian will talk about it when he feels ready.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
lostintheflood
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:16 pm

Pretty sure everybody is well within the grounds of respecting privacy; nobody has come out and divulged anything, despite Brian's continual hinting via his Twitter account, and the fact that he basically told some of us to our face what was going down. I will say one other thing - there's a difference between taking an interest in what musicians are writing about (i.e. their lives) and 'stalking'. I think we're in dangerous and sanctimonious waters if we want to demonize people for taking an interest in the people behind the music. That said, I agree that private information shouldn't be divulged publicly; and nobody has done that here.
Back to top Go down
http://brailleclub.bandcamp.com
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:55 pm

Lots of people talking like theyre expecting 2 or 3 records soon. Might be a bit naive. I think you can forget a Horrible Crowes record for now and from the sound of it the next Gaslight record will be 2014. Id perhaps expect a solo record to be recorded when tour is over and maybe released November, Decemberish. Thats the way I'm understanding things anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 3:43 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
Lots of people talking like theyre expecting 2 or 3 records soon. Might be a bit naive. I think you can forget a Horrible Crowes record for now and from the sound of it the next Gaslight record will be 2014. Id perhaps expect a solo record to be recorded when tour is over and maybe released November, Decemberish. Thats the way I'm understanding things anyway.

This is pretty much the conclusion that I've come to as well...but we can dream, we can dream.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:01 am

Excellent news - any material coming from Brian is something to look forward to!

What's with all this secretive stuff folk are alluding to? What's going on? If we can't talk about it publically can someone pm me to fill me in - put me out of my misery?! Come on guys!! What's waiting to be "officially announced"?
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:13 am

dan gaslight wrote:
Excellent news - any material coming from Brian is something to look forward to!

What's with all this secretive stuff folk are alluding to? What's going on? If we can't talk about it publically can someone pm me to fill me in - put me out of my misery?! Come on guys!! What's waiting to be "officially announced"?

Yeah me too! Brian no longer appears to be Gossip Girl!
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:58 am

pretty much sure that THC release will be the live cd/dvd package from LA . (sideonedummy)
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:08 am

New post about what he uses for live set up etc...

http://brianfallon.net/post/41872672675/brians-guitar-rig-someone-asked-me-about-my

I know this has interested people before so glad he answered what he uses.

I might create a split off thread just for Brianfallon.net for generic posts/updates and this can be used for future updates about the solo album.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:38 pm

Debonair wrote:
I might create a split off thread just for Brianfallon.net for generic posts/updates and this can be used for future updates about the solo album.
Ah, yes. I knew i was going to suggest something, but forgot. Probably a good idea to keep his solo project stuff separate.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:28 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Ah, yes. I knew i was going to suggest something, but forgot. Probably a good idea to keep his solo project stuff separate.
he'll get bored of it in 2wks. Fact.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:46 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Now that i think about it- It might be easier just to create two new topics. a new "solo album" thread for discussion. (News. Expectations etc.) like the 2012 new album thread was. And then a brianfallon.net for any future unrelated posts and discussion. Like the "bennys blog" thread.

It seems easier to just leave this one how it is - a announcement/topic to discuss this post Brian made. And start fresh.

Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:00 pm

Labhras wrote:
CapedAvenger wrote:
Debonair wrote:
he'll get bored of it in 2wks. Fact.

Well, Benny posted an Instagram photo that says "Uh Oh, I believe Gaslight has awoken from it's slumber". Hopefully that doesn't get Brian off track Razz
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:09 pm

Haha they must be fitting in some practice/rehearsal time before they hit the road. Laurence is right, he'll probably forget about tumblr/get bored of it in 2 wks.

Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:04 pm

New post:

"Writing some more songs… Taking some lessons… Getting ready. More to come soon!

I’d also like to say this… What I’m working on I’d classify as Americana. It’s not from New Jersey, it’s not The Gaslight Anthem, in fact, it’s not even mine, but it’s ours… I’m looking to the people who used folk and country music as a tradition and took what was past and moved forward. Wilco, Ryan Adams, Steve Earle, Guy Clark, the Highwaymen, Bob Dylan, etc… I’m not writing about straw hats and gin joints. I’m not writing about nostalgia or a time I wasn’t born it. I’m writing about the last two years of my life since we wrote handwritten. This project is going to be based on things I learned early on musically, which were my mother’s folk songs. We also listened to a lot of early country. I’d like to write my years down. Here’s to a new tide in haunted waters. I hope you’ll enjoy it. Brian"

Americana, exactly what I was hoping for. So excited.
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 12:50 am

A Brian Fallon/ Ryan Adams collaboration produced by butch walker would be my ultimate musical fantasy. Makes sense now that tift Merritt would be opening the east coast shows this spring. I thought it was an interesting choice but get it now.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:59 am

Getting more excited! Mostly because I thought for a second that he'd abandoned the project! Definitely going to listen to this (when it eventually comes out) with an open mind though because it seems like it could be fairly different.

I love how he took an entire paragraph to basically say, please don't take this album as reinforcement of all these stupid stereotypes about my music.
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:25 am

brucesboots wrote:
pretty much sure that THC release will be the live cd/dvd package from LA . (sideonedummy)

That would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 5:22 pm

Good news that he's sticking with it. I can't wait to hear whatever he puts out.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:21 pm

I do love his solo acoustic stuff. I cannot wait to hear it. Sometimes writing solo stuff helps exercise a demon called "unable to write", and lets you get stuff off of your chest that you could not in a band. Sometimes also, the acoustic stuff feels more personal IMO
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:59 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I do love his solo acoustic stuff. I cannot wait to hear it. Sometimes writing solo stuff helps exercise a demon called "unable to write", and lets you get stuff off of your chest that you could not in a band. Sometimes also, the acoustic stuff feels more personal IMO

Hmm, I don't know if this applies here. Brian always wrote on acoustic guitar up until Handwritten (and I'd wager some of that was written by him alone as well, not just National Anthem). And I don't know how you can get more personal than Brian's been. I'm looking forward to it, but I don't think the content or subject matter will be drastically different. Musically it might, but who knows? It's all just guesswork at this point.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:01 pm

From his blog it sounds like he's going to try a new musical direction and has been through some things since he last recorded, so the subject matter could be different. He branched out lyrically with Keepsake and National Anthem, so who knows what else he's got up his sleeve. Smile
Back to top Go down
Andy_
A Contender
A Contender
Andy_

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:14 pm

Cant wait Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/@DrewsBatches
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next