DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'

Go down 
+33
Rizz
Andy_
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jack
chickenman
redheadchick
brucesboots
Jerseyrain
lostintheflood
eagles1139
CluckyB
CapedAvenger
OldManShoes3
bringiton_ty
zerb012345
Xanthias
The Last Jukebox Romeo
matkins
NYYFAN523
azlisa
JimmyB
jzancan
onbackstreetsinbackseats
njguy99
Shrewsbury_Stars
Holland
Labhras
Steve70s
bringiton
enola
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 8:17 pm

onbackstreetsinbackseats wrote:
I'm still waiting on the Fallon/Ragan record.

Fallon/Ragan/Hause. Imagine that.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 8:48 pm

NYYFAN523 wrote:

Fallon/Ragan/Hause. Imagine that.

Without a doubt, the best record I could ever imagine. bounce I saw HWM for the first time last weekend and was so impressed. I've liked them for a few years and was really excited about the show. Even better than I hoped for. I'm sad I can't catch any more of their shows on this tour, but I get to see the Revival tour in March.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:23 pm

I haven't read any comments so i may be repeating or whatever but when I first saw this post, I was delighted with the news. The fact that Brian wants to release all this music for his fans is just awesome and i'm sure we can all agree that a Fallon solo album is brilliant; fans have been waiting years since teasers such as "The Blues, Mary" ...i know i have Very Happy

Anyway, its great news for fans and im dead excited but i also want to tell Brian (even if he sees it or not, i dont care) that whatever has happened, and i dont want to know, its your life, that your fans are here! Hope your okay and happy in yourself and where your at in life.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 12:23 am

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
... fans have been waiting years since teasers such as "The Blues, Mary" ...i know i have Very Happy

... but i also want to tell Brian (even if he sees it or not, i dont care) that whatever has happened, and i dont want to know, its your life, that your fans are here! Hope your okay and happy in yourself and where your at in life.

So true! I hope he records that song and any other solo not-recorded ones he has floating around on the album as bonus tracks! Wishful thinking perhaps.

As for the second part, well said.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 1:32 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
... fans have been waiting years since teasers such as "The Blues, Mary" ...i know i have Very Happy

... but i also want to tell Brian (even if he sees it or not, i dont care) that whatever has happened, and i dont want to know, its your life, that your fans are here! Hope your okay and happy in yourself and where your at in life.

So true! I hope he records that song and any other solo not-recorded ones he has floating around on the album as bonus tracks! Wishful thinking perhaps.

Its always nice to get your two cents Stitches High Five
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 2:48 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

Its always nice to get your two cents Stitches High Five

I don't know if I should take this comment positively or sarcastically, haha. Suspect Very Happy

WELL I'M GLAD YOUR HAPPY BECAUSE I HAVE TO SHARE MY OPINIONS ON EVERYTHING!!! geek (I'm making fun of myself because it's true)
Back to top Go down
Xanthias
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Xanthias

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 10:02 am

Very excited... Brian seems like a good, down-to-earth guy.
That reference to not doing drugs, IMO, is directly pointing finger at some of the artists he met during this tour, otherwise it would just to come out of the blue, as we already know he's a straight-edge, Catholic person.
I wonder what his solo album will sound like, I just hope it's not acoustic. Would love if he mantains the standard he set with Elsie.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 12:32 pm

Xanthias wrote:
I wonder what his solo album will sound like, I just hope it's not acoustic.

I may be the only one (I hope not ) but personally i really hope it IS acoustic. Yes I obviously love Gaslight, Horrible Crowes and all but I really just want to hear Brian and a guitar...nothing else. I'm sure others would agree that Brian playing acoustic Gaslight songs are just fantastic (right now i'm listening to '1930' at the 2012 Lowlands festival, check it out if you haven't heard it, its pure heaven Very Happy ) As much as i appreciate your opinion, my hopes are going in the other direction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Xanthias wrote:
Very excited... Brian seems like a good, down-to-earth guy.
That reference to not doing drugs, IMO, is directly pointing finger at some of the artists he met during this tour, otherwise it would just to come out of the blue, as we already know he's a straight-edge, Catholic person.
I wonder what his solo album will sound like, I just hope it's not acoustic. Would love if he mantains the standard he set with Elsie.

I see that comment pretty differently, but thats my opinion. Not at all fingerpointing, but just pretty normal Brian comment without no secret meaning. And hes not totally straight-edge (at least anymore). He drinks beer in that Lowlands acoustic show and tell how he likes take just 1-2 sometimes. And remember when Dave Hause got him drunk Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 9:24 pm

I'm going to be happy no matter what this guy releases...but I'm going to be honest...I really hope this "solo" album isn't acoustic. I mean, we can go find hundreds of Brian Fallon acoustic shows on youtube....I'd like to hear more Horrible crowes sounding stuff, because Elsie was the best record he ever put out. Or maybe he go in an entirely new direction.
Brian Fallon is just the man, end of story, and I'll be happy with whatever he does.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 1:06 am

Ha. I'm also bummed that record never happened.

Although that "album" never came to fruition, they did get four tracks out together: Meet Me in the Middle and Nothing Left to Prove (on Covering Ground) and Brian's two tracks on the 2011 Revival Tour Sampler. I always suspected that those four songs were part of the aborted Chuck/Brian album.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 2:08 pm

Cant wait for this! be so nice to hear some solo stuff. Hmm i dont know wether Brian is as straight edge besides the occasional beer. That recorded interview from Dave Hause he put out last week said he and Brian had a fun time in Amsterdam which he wouldnt go into detail about.....haha. when in Rome...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
OldManShoes3
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
OldManShoes3

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:23 pm

This is definitely exciting news, though I'm really hoping it comes out more like Elsie than "Misery" or "Hold You Up." I liked those songs but I didn't think they were anything special, while Elsie is one of my favorite albums of all time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:41 pm

OldManShoes3 wrote:
This is definitely exciting news, though I'm really hoping it comes out more like Elsie than "Misery" or "Hold You Up." I liked those songs but I didn't think they were anything special, while Elsie is one of my favorite albums of all time.
I'm with you on this. Whilst I think Misery and Hold You Up are great songs, they would certainly benefit from a more THC-esque production. I'm sure Brian will find the right balance, he always does.

Excited about this and I'm sure he'll elaborate further over the coming weeks/months.

A solo record would be the perfect reason for him to join the Revival Tour again.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:42 pm

Superb news. I was made up when i saw that tweet.
Quote :
So I’m going to do my best to get as much music out there as I can while I’m young enough and fortunate enough to have people listening.

There’s no termoil or anything with Gaslight, we’re going to be writing too, but I’m sure we’re gonna need a breather after this year of touring before we go in to make our next record. So since I can’t sit still, I’m gonna make another record. It’s what happens when you don’t do drugs, you end up with a lot of down time. So I fill that time with songs now.
This is the key, for me. He's not working on a solo album because he wants a break from TGA, he's doing it because he acknowledges that he needs something in addition to it. So now he has 3 avenues to explore, and whatever he writes can be for TGA if it suits, or THC (if they're still a going concern) if it fits better, or his solo project otherwise.

There's one thing for sure if it ever sees the light of day - it'll be great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:44 pm

This is very cynical of me but is him releasing a solo album merely a way of getting round the fact that THC are contractually signed to Side One?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:02 pm

markbarlow wrote:
This is very cynical of me but is him releasing a solo album merely a way of getting round the fact that THC are contractually signed to Side One?

you could be correct.

Ever heard of Ugly Casanova? Issac from Modest Mouse's side project, they only released one album and for the longest time the rumor was that they couldn't release a follow up until Modest Mouse contract with Epic was over since Ugly Casanova was signed to Sub Pop.

I like THC's Elsie as a one off record. I wish they would just be done with that. kinda like how Postal Service released one album or same with Desaparecidos and then called it off.

I just hope Brian's solo album doesn't have too many religious themes to it since it will be hard to relate on personal level.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:13 pm

markbarlow wrote:

I personally doubt it. I don't think "Brian Fallon" could get picked up by a major label, especially after Handwritten perform kinda ho-hum sales wise. I'm also not aware of any drama between Brian and the Side One guys. Gaslight just wanted their band to go places they didn't feel S1D was big enough to take them. I think he just wants to save the "Horrible Crowes" moniker for his work with Ian, and for whatever reason (material, Ian not wanting to, whatever) he doesn't want to work with Ian on this record.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:15 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:

I just hope Brian's solo album doesn't have too many religious themes to it since it will be hard to relate on personal level.

I know Brian's beliefs are a huge part of his life and I can't predict how that'll affect a solo record, but I don't think he's gonna react like "Finally I can write about what I really care about" and then we get a Christian album. I imagine it'll be like Elsie, a few more references than you see in Gaslight songs but by no means an overload of it. Just saying you probably don't have to worry too much! geek
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:47 pm

I may be being dumb here but i heard only a few weeks ago talks of a new THC album...does this news mean that's not happening now or are we getting three new albums: solo, gaslight and THC?

My apologies if this is obvious or has been cleared up already
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:48 pm

We may have three new CD's soon...of course the THC, and the solo can probably not happen, or be delayed
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:56 pm

JimmyB wrote:
We may have three new CD's soon...of course the THC, and the solo can probably not happen, or be delayed

Uhh well seeing as how he just officially announced he's working on a solo album, as opposed to news about a THC album from someone that heard him say it after a show (despite the fact that he directly said they weren't doing anything in the near future in an interview), I'd say a THC album is extremely unlikely and we will probably get this solo album at the end of the year.

Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:06 pm

Well, don't forget that Bruce was supposed to be working on a solo project when Clarence passed away, then what started out as a solo project, probably became "Wrecking Ball". I know I hate to always use the Bruce examples, but it fits perfect here
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:08 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Well, don't forget that Bruce was supposed to be working on a solo project when Clarence passed away, then what started out as a solo project, probably became "Wrecking Ball". I know I hate to always use the Bruce examples, but it fits perfect here

Wrecking Ball WAS a solo project other than Land of Hope and Dreams and Wrecking Ball What a Face
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:13 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

Wrecking Ball WAS a solo project other than Land of Hope and Dreams and Wrecking Ball What a Face
Touch'e . But I meant, plans can be changed in the drop of a hat, or the beat of a heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'   Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net' - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian announces plans for solo album & new Gaslight songs on 'brianfallon.net'
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next