DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flying these days: enervating endeavor?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Definitely_Josef
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Definitely_Josef

Flying these days: enervating endeavor? Empty
PostSubject: Flying these days: enervating endeavor?   Flying these days: enervating endeavor? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 3:10 am

At what point has travelling become an enervating endeavor during the last years? On a one stop intl. flight, it just took me nine hours longer than expected to get from one major city to another (with DELTA). It's not like this happened for the first time this year - actually I was delayed more often than I was on time (the score is something like 12:9).

Is it just my bad luck or is anyone else experiencing the very same phenomenon?

Have a good night!

Joe
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Flying these days: enervating endeavor?   Flying these days: enervating endeavor? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 5:05 am

Around 2006 is when I just learned to expect massive delays, and if I escaped anything less than a half hour delay, I considered myself lucky. Once, I sat on the runway for 3 hours waiting to depart for London, which is a long enough flight as it was. Another time in 2007 I sat on the runway for around 3 hours waiting to fly into L.A. only to be told we had to get off the plane and fly out the next day for no good reason. In 2008 I had a direct flight to Vegas where they scheduled in a stop in Denver for refueling at the last minute and added on a few hours to the trip. I'm sure there were other delays. But I'd say after 9/11 is when things progressively got worse.

Having said that, my last trip this past October had only one 10-minute delay which amazed me.

But overall, I'd say your experience is not uncommon these days.
Back to top Go down
Definitely_Josef
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Definitely_Josef

PostSubject: Re: Flying these days: enervating endeavor?   Flying these days: enervating endeavor? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 3:44 pm

... the "wait-on-the-runway-for-hours-just-to-get-out-of the-plane-again-story" happens, indeed, more often than one would think. I enjoyed such inconveniences no less then three times in 2013 because some control light in the cockpit came on, that was, apparently, supposed to remain unlit. Well, I guess, better safe than sorry.

Thanks for sharing your experiences - I already started to believe in bad luck.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Flying these days: enervating endeavor?   Flying these days: enervating endeavor? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:03 am

Definitely_Josef wrote:
I enjoyed such inconveniences no less then three times in 2013

Are you from the future?? affraid

Just teasing. I've had that happen too, it sucks. I only waited for like an hour and a half though so it could have been way worse.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Flying these days: enervating endeavor?   Flying these days: enervating endeavor? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:47 am

Someone on my Twitter said he was kept waiting 7 hours at the airport only to have the flight canceled this week.
Back to top Go down
Definitely_Josef
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Definitely_Josef

PostSubject: Re: Flying these days: enervating endeavor?   Flying these days: enervating endeavor? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:13 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Someone on my Twitter said he was kept waiting 7 hours at the airport only to have the flight canceled this week.

Now, that is cruel!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Flying these days: enervating endeavor?   Flying these days: enervating endeavor? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:42 pm

I can't remember what day it was, but it probably had something to do with the storm we had. Still, not awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flying these days: enervating endeavor?   Flying these days: enervating endeavor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flying these days: enervating endeavor?
Page 1 of 1