DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

here the days will eat you alive

Go down 
+4
drifter69
steady now steady now
e7c
fuzzydunlop
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fuzzydunlop
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

here the days will eat you alive Empty
PostSubject: here the days will eat you alive   here the days will eat you alive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:50 am

Hey all. I've only just found this site and its pretty awesome. I guess I'm another you can add to your seemingly sizeable English contingent!

I've been a fan of TGA for just over a year now. Since all those accolades in music mags proclaiming the 59 sound to be one of the best albums of 2008-you know the ones. So I bought a copy of the album, it blew my mind and I've literally been listening to them ever since! I mean literally every day. They are the first band who's albums I can listen to without wanting to skip one track. However favourite would be 1930-I love the intro and the vocals on the first verse.

Look forward to contributing to the site
Hope everyone's having a good day here the days will eat you alive Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: here the days will eat you alive   here the days will eat you alive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:38 am

Fuzzy, you are not alone, 1930 is my favorite song too! Unfortunately it is one of the two songs that TGA no longer plays regularly. Brian once told me that the reasons they don't play 1930 too much any more is because it was the first song they learned as a band (it was actually written in a band Brian was in before TGA) and they have just gotten tired of playing it.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: here the days will eat you alive   here the days will eat you alive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:49 am

fuzzydunlop wrote:
I guess I'm another you can add to your seemingly sizeable English contingent! [...] They are the first band who's albums I can listen to without wanting to skip one track.

glad to hear this; welcome to the forum

given what you say abouyt T59S, it's funny that your favourite is actually from SOS
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
fuzzydunlop
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: here the days will eat you alive   here the days will eat you alive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:06 am

Yea the Titanic song right?

I actually prefer SOS. It was just T59s that got me into them at first. Obv both are amazing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: here the days will eat you alive   here the days will eat you alive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:01 pm

welcome dude
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: here the days will eat you alive   here the days will eat you alive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:06 pm

welcome to the forum man
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: here the days will eat you alive   here the days will eat you alive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:48 pm

welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: here the days will eat you alive   here the days will eat you alive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:44 pm

welcome dude
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: here the days will eat you alive   here the days will eat you alive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:52 pm

Welcome man!!!

If you get a chance to listen to the new song Orphans, It reminds me of 1930!

1930 is my favorite too.
Back to top Go down
fuzzydunlop
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: here the days will eat you alive   here the days will eat you alive Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:45 am

Cheers guys. Love orphans, boxer and the diamond church street choir. Going to Brixton and will be in Illinois when they play Chicago, so hopefully be able to see them couple times at least this summer.

O yea apologies to goldlion for nicking the lyric title idea. I was never very original haha
Back to top Go down
goldlion_
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
goldlion_

PostSubject: Re: here the days will eat you alive   here the days will eat you alive Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:17 am

Quote :
O yea apologies to goldlion for nicking the lyric title idea. I was never very original haha

haha, it's quite alright. welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
http://gonnatellmewherethelightis.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: here the days will eat you alive   here the days will eat you alive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

here the days will eat you alive
Page 1 of 1