DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US / CAN Tour 2013

Go down 
+99
TGA30
Jaws
HorribleCrowe
Hirti
Holland
mingus
Sabbi
Debonair
turnitin2004
ACA
IKeeptheDiner
cephcarn4
jdc
GlennR
xstevenbx
parno
bakerfall
Daire
AngryJohnnyN1930
AmSlang59
Prisoner
Jack
henn
19thirty
GuitarMike
moonlight
MKULTRA
The Last Jukebox Romeo
_rebekka_
rumham
cdala
thomas94
CasanovaBaby90
brucesboots
luckyman
janiejones
Steve70s
cmigs
jonester
lol_paul_ledoux
prettyontheinsidex
big blue
bt211
B701
SirBrad
imaxcowboyx
Christophe
The Poet Jonah
adreed
baggio16
spokes44
reched
Kosburn59
chickenman
FrankieG
ashleybb
Jerseyrain
eagles1139
pjk
onbackstreetsinbackseats
JukeboxJuliet
mvw
wvmark73
LittleEden
beholdhurricanej
borrowedcar
HighLonesome
Hanswurst
Camus
NYYFAN523
azlisa
DeathoftheCool
enola
CluckyB
colmillionaire
OldManShoes3
Rizz
Dimestore Romeo
33RPMHero
madsmom
TGAFAN25
Don Carlo
jamesh2
Reinvent good times
NeverTrustAJunkie
matkins
LuceroDiehard
ExitEnglish
redheadchick
moconnell23
knuckles
simo
Shrewsbury_Stars
ral
pookieray
njguy99
StitchesOnTheRadio
Zach_Edelman
Grant Michael
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:31 pm

Attention ticket holder!

We just learned that your upcoming event has been rescheduled:

The Gaslight Anthem with a Special Guest
The Norva – Norfolk, Virginia
Monday, June 10th at 8PM New date: Monday, September 9th at 8PM!

Your original tickets are still good – we hope you can make it and enjoy the event!
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
madsmom
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
madsmom

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:37 pm

with them rescheduling there june tour dates to September it looks I get to go now !!1 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:40 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Somebody involved in booking needs to get their shit together me thinks. It still makes no sense that they're rescheduling all of these because of their Europe tour. If they're going to replace them with more EU/UK dates after only coming home long enough for a few west coast dates and 2 nights in AP then I'm gonna have a cow.

Hmm, I wonder if they're not gonna play that Mountain Jam Festival then too. It's the day before Lupo's.

The way these dates were scheduled left one day between Cincinnati and Pinkpop festival in the Netherlands which seemed crazy. I guess someone thought if they wrote it down/agreed to do it, then it could happen. Clearly that was not the case. I seriously doubt they're going to replace them with more UK/Euro shows at this point though.

It's kinda ridiculous that we're learning about these rescheduled/canceled shows from the venues and ticketmaster instead of from the band's official channels. They might not know about it individually but someone on their team does and should be updating people.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:06 pm

ral wrote:
Somebody involved in booking needs to get their shit together me thinks. It still makes no sense that they're rescheduling all of these because of their Europe tour. If they're going to replace them with more EU/UK dates after only coming home long enough for a few west coast dates and 2 nights in AP then I'm gonna have a cow.

Hmm, I wonder if they're not gonna play that Mountain Jam Festival then too. It's the day before Lupo's.

The way these dates were scheduled left one day between Cincinnati and Pinkpop festival in the Netherlands which seemed crazy. I guess someone thought if they wrote it down/agreed to do it, then it could happen. Clearly that was not the case. I seriously doubt they're going to replace them with more UK/Euro shows at this point though.

It's kinda ridiculous that we're learning about these rescheduled/canceled shows from the venues and ticketmaster instead of from the band's official channels. They might not know about it individually but someone on their team does and should be updating people.

That's true, that's insane because they'd probably want a couple days at home at least, but that explains a few dates not all of them. Who knows though about filling it with EU/UK dates. Just because we don't know what their plans are doesn't mean they don't already have some scheduled. They might not but who knows, they've announce shows kinda last minute plenty of times.

I agree, I didn't think about that. There should be some mass announcement because what about people who are still looking to get tickets? You only got the email if you've already bought them. This is just poor organization. If the venues hadn't told us, who knows when we'd find out.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:23 pm

I don't understand why they rescheduled the entire week though (as opposed to just the last show before Europe maybe)? Or why they scheduled that week in the first place.

So basically they have Australia, then the Stone Pony shows randomly, then right to Europe. Weird.

At any rate, this is a pretty big SNAFU :\
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:23 pm

TGA is really bothering me! Haven't been to Pittsburgh since 59 Sound was released! Yeah reschedule our date and go back to Europe for the tenth time ?! Just move over there already!
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:31 pm

It seems to me like they would be exhausted from jumping around from country to country. I remember how Brian's voice seemed to suffer by the end of 2012.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:35 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
I think it's beacuse it's in standard tuning, instead of dropped down a step like they have played in the past
Just saw on Twitter:
@brianmfallon: @bakerfall we always played a whole step down but now we’re in standard! Up high!
Back to top Go down
henn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:17 am

Hey,

this is Henning from Germany writing ... i'm gettin nuts because my girl and me are in New York in the early September Smile we will attend to the Huntington Show on September 9 ... *ohyeah!

but ... i got a little question. we're staying in Manhattan and i have no clue about getting from Manhatten to the Paramount ... may someone can help us?!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:23 am

^^^

http://www.paramountny.com/contact/take-the-train/
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:36 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
I think he's got a lot of wear and tear singing in the low range, so moving it up puts the strain on a different region of his vocal cords, which is why it sounds great...

I think if there's no wear and tear already on your cords, you're absolutely right

Well, this isn't really true. He does sound great in that video, but your vocal folds don't have different areas that correspond to different registers in your voice. Essentially what it boils down to is this: Brian sings from his throat, which is not the way you're supposed to do it, but most rock singers do this anyway. That's why you get a lot of guys who lose their voice really quickly (in addition to drinking, smoking and especially coke/partying). If you do all the "proper" things vocally (warm up, breathe with your diaphragm, mix head voice with chest voice, sing with "the mask") your voice will last much longer.

As to why Brian sounds better there, I'd say it's one of two things:

1) He's mixing head voice with chest voice instead of forcing his voice to hit notes any baritone would struggle with, especially using solely your chest voice and not breathing/singing properly.

2) Fluke.

I'm hoping it's 1, obviously.

It should also be noted that everyone's vocal folds (and thus vocals) are unique and what's true for one person may not be true for another. Some people can sustain more wear and tear than others, some can get away with falling back on bad habits while others can't, etc.

I hope this post didn't make me sound like a pretentious tool. I just wanted to contribute because I feel like Brian's voice is the one thing that (occasionally) holds them back from being the PERFECT live band. Plus it's kind of a big deal that they're now in standard after all these years dropped down a step.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:58 am

You don't sound like a douche at all. I appreciate someone with some actual knowledge contributing to the discussion.

It's pretty crazy how much better he sounds in the octave up
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:15 pm

Jack wrote:
I feel like Brian's voice is the one thing that (occasionally) holds them back from being the PERFECT live band.

I think you're actually being a bit too generous. The absence of any servicable backing vocals at shows is also a significant stumbling block IMO.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:12 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

It's kind of odd actually because remember how they dropped 45 down after he couldn't consistently hit the notes? So did they bring that one back up too?

It really is an interesting choice on their part. I wonder if they're doing it for the time being just for a change of pace or if this is the new norm.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Can someone link me to the videos that best showcase Brian's improved singing in the now standard tuning? I must have missed them this week.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:41 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
Can someone link me to the videos that best showcase Brian's improved singing in the now standard tuning? I must have missed them this week.

Here's the one previously mentioned in this thread. I don't know if there are others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZRDSv4iJs
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:25 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Jack wrote:
I feel like Brian's voice is the one thing that (occasionally) holds them back from being the PERFECT live band.

I think you're actually being a bit too generous. The absence of any servicable backing vocals at shows is also a significant stumbling block IMO.

Oh, yeah, that too haha. I completely forgot about it. As for the video question, I saw one of Mae that sounded really good as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxBqfID2Ge4
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:41 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

It's kind of odd actually because remember how they dropped 45 down after he couldn't consistently hit the notes? So did they bring that one back up too?

It really is an interesting choice on their part. I wonder if they're doing it for the time being just for a change of pace or if this is the new norm.

I too am wondering this. Maybe it's a slash and burn type thing, where he's utilizing this other part of his voice to give the other one rest, and he'll switch back when it seems necessary. I feel like it's either that, or they're just deciding to make the transition to standard tuning permanently just to make that the standard from now on.

I can tell you they sounded great with this tuning in Ventura
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:42 pm

Also, what's the deal with Coachella Weekend 2? I can barely find any evidence that they performed... scratch
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 5:31 am

I was kinda expecting that Brian would sing with Matt Mays band or vice versa?
Didn't that happen yet?
Back to top Go down
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:46 pm

Who was at the show in Tempe last night? Is it just me or was Brian wasted towards the end of the set? It was pretty awesome, haha. They closed with Baba O'Riley and he was chugging water and spitting/spraying it all over the stage, then started spraying water over the crowd (Like opening a bottle and shaking it) and then was behind the drums hitting the cymbals, then he was just pouring bottles of water on his head haha.

Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 4:59 pm

AmSlang59 wrote:
Who was at the show in Tempe last night? Is it just me or was Brian wasted towards the end of the set? It was pretty awesome, haha. They closed with Baba O'Riley and he was chugging water and spitting/spraying it all over the stage, then started spraying water over the crowd (Like opening a bottle and shaking it) and then was behind the drums hitting the cymbals, then he was just pouring bottles of water on his head haha.

Looks like a hell of a setlist:

Setlist:
High Lonesome
The '59 Sound
Howl
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
Here Comes my Man
Handwritten
We Came to Dance
American Slang
"45"
Film Noir
Miles Davis and the Cool
Biloxi Parish
The Patient Ferris Wheel
Too Much Blood
The Queen of Lower Chelsea
Great Expectations
Keepsake

Encore:
National Anthem
She Loves You
Mulholland Drive
Desire
Here's Lookin' at you Kid
Baba O'Riley (The Who cover)

Back to top Go down
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 5:49 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
AmSlang59 wrote:

Looks like a hell of a setlist:

Setlist:
High Lonesome
The '59 Sound
Howl
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
Here Comes my Man
Handwritten
We Came to Dance
American Slang
"45"
Film Noir
Miles Davis and the Cool
Biloxi Parish
The Patient Ferris Wheel
Too Much Blood
The Queen of Lower Chelsea
Great Expectations
Keepsake

Encore:
National Anthem
She Loves You
Mulholland Drive
Desire
Here's Lookin' at you Kid
Baba O'Riley (The Who cover)

Yeah, I was pretty surprised at the insanely awesome setlist. They played 8 songs from '59 which was way more than I expected. This was also weird because there was a fight during the first song and Brian stopped between High Lonesome and '59 to break it up and the people straight up would not stop. It was like a 3 minute break with Brian saying, "Dude, please move...Seriously, just move. That's all you gotta do. I can wait up here all night but I'm not letting you ruin it for the rest of the people." Kind of awkward because he seemed really uncomfortable, saying something like "That was weird and I didn't like that. I've got a really bad vibe about this show now - We gotta shake that." I'll find a video.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 6:54 pm

That sucks that those idiots, whoever they were, couldn't get over their need to fight long enough to just separate and let the show continue. That had to make Brian uncomfortable cuz like, what's he gonna do? Go down there and break it up himself? Did security just ignore it?

I wasn't at the show but did Brian really seem wasted? I mean those things all sound like stuff he'd do when he was just having fun. He seems to get pretty wild during Baba anytime they play it. Idk, I just can't see him getting wasted on stage.
Back to top Go down
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 8:32 pm

That sucks that those idiots, whoever they were, couldn't get over their need to fight long enough to just separate and let the show continue. That had to make Brian uncomfortable cuz like, what's he gonna do? Go down there and break it up himself? Did security just ignore it?

I wasn't at the show but did Brian really seem wasted? I mean those things all sound like stuff he'd do when he was just having fun. He seems to get pretty wild during Baba anytime they play it. Idk, I just can't see him getting wasted on stage.

I really couldn't see from where I was standing but I think they were a couple people away from the barrier so security was trying to reach them and people weren't moving.

I found video of the show! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2oZLbz6TPU

But it might have been my poor eye sight that I couldn't really see his facial expressions or anything. Drunk or not, he was still solid and looked like he was having a great time, which made everybody else have a great time Smile He just went absolutely nuts during the song, which you can see in the video!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US / CAN Tour 2013
Page 18 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next