DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...

Go down 
+6
Keeb631
bringiton_ty
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
StitchesOnTheRadio
DeathoftheCool
TGAFAN25
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 4:59 pm

pjk wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I've said this before but it's still funny to me how often you guys (and by this I mean men specifically) are amazed at, fascinated by, or just plain commenting on the fact that you can relate to a song from a girls perspective. It makes me want to talk about every single other song by them and say "hey everyone, it's so cool how I can relate to this song even though it's from a guy's perspective and I'm a girl"

Not saying you can't have that reaction, just pointing out how it's really not that unheard of given that the female fans on here relate to all those guy perspective songs every day. In most songs all you have to do is change the pronouns.
It isn't amazing, just interesting. I've listened to countless female singers sing about things that I can relate to, even though it is from their perspective. The thing that makes it unique is how often do you see a male band write from a woman's perspective? Why even attempt it? What is the point? I'm not suggesting it is wrong, just curious what their thoughts were. Have you seen a female singer write from a man's? Is the objective to gain more fans from the opposite sex? Nonetheless, good song indeed.

No I totally getcha in that respect. That is a rare thing. I'm more so commenting that a lot of guys on here (and maybe I misinterpreted your comments and you don't fall in this category) are surprised they relate to a song from a girls perspective, regardless of who wrote it, and I just find that odd. But yeah I think it was a very creative idea and worked surprisingly well.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 1:57 am

I don't see how it's any different than writing a novel or short story where the main character is of the opposite sex, and that's done very often. Somehow people just assume that in songs people are just telling you their life story when that's not really the case.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:06 am

Brian said in the making of handwritten video that he started writing HCMM and then was like "Whoa, this is a girl talking". I think its interesting how he didnt even have any intention of doing it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
pjk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
pjk

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:47 am

Breanne wrote:
Brian said in the making of handwritten video that he started writing HCMM and then was like "Whoa, this is a girl talking". I think its interesting how he didnt even have any intention of doing it
Interesting... nonetheless, like others said, if you change "he" to "she", it simply changes the gender perspective, even though they are both very very similar.

"how much time do you think that we have??? if I wanted to I could start over again..." So good.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:33 am

Breanne wrote:

He was getting in touch with his inner woman and she had something to say.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2