DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.

Go down 
+5
Jerseyrain
NeverTrustAJunkie
Camus
DeathoftheCool
TGAFAN25
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Empty
PostSubject: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:04 am

This thread is for any member who joined the board before 2011.

If you didn't join before 2011 please refrain from posting here.

Despite the fact that you're all wonderful people, I'm sick of the recent inability for people to objectively discuss gaslight.

Every post recently seems to need "I love gaslight anthem so much, but..." that's ridiculous... This place should be an open forum like it used to, noboyd should have to prove their merit....

So old timers, who know what this place used to be.... Please.... just let's all chat and avoid the catty BS that seems to consume a lot of threads! Steph.... I miss you.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:14 am

is this like senior discounts at a movie theater? Nice!
pirat
Haha, what's up ryan?
I miss steph too Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:36 am

This thread is ridiculous. Why should joining date affect the ability to discuss a topic rationally in any way?
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:43 am

Because fo teh influx of new members who can't handle anyone who criticizes the band. This forum was a wonderful place to discuss any and every opinion about the band a few months before Handwritten came out... Now, people freak out if you criticize them in the tiniest way.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:48 am

I get where you're coming from, but just because a few people are like that it doesn't mean that /all/ new members are.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:49 am

I agree completely, but this is simply an arbitrary way to avoid it Smile ther'es plenty of ways for people to chat it out in every other thread who don't make the random ass date of 2011
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:50 am

For example, every other thread on here is for everyone else Smile
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:06 am

I'm just curious to hear people's honest unabashed opinions about anything without fearing reprisal from lots of people who seem to strike down anything other than unabashed praise of the band. I love this band but we're not 12 and they're not Justin Bieber. They're wonderful but not everything is always perfect all the time.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:12 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
I agree completely, but this is simply an arbitrary way to avoid it Smile ther'es plenty of ways for people to chat it out in every other thread who don't make the random ass date of 2011

Okay, well, have fun stopping post-2011 members from posting in this thread... scratch

Last edited by Camus on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:15 am

it's just a simple request.... not trying to change the world, just an idea. Obviously nobody can stop anyone from posting naything
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:24 am

Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Can-of-worms
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:56 am

From my point of view, it seems like the opposite, which is that the people who are acting up the most on here are the ones are not accepting the opinion of those who are supportive of the band.

As long as the internet exists, you're not going to like everything you read. That goes for everyone, critical or supportive. If it's a problem, you can always log off or cut back participation in discussion to save yourself some life aggravation.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:02 am

Ive been saying this on various threads for ages. Its one of the most annoying things on here where people feel they have re-assure you of their love for Gaslight or a particular song before then critisizing them. As if it might make them less of a fan for doing so.

We are a part of this forum because we are a big Gaslight Anthem fan. We all know this about each other so there is no need to have to re-assure peple. Just make your point, nobody will think less of you, its your entitled opinion. New fans are obviously still in their honeymoon period with the band. We've all been there. They'll get past it and will eventually be more objective about the band.

As for this thread, discluding anyone after 2011 seems a bit harsh so not sure this thread is really a good idea. Whats the plan, to discuss everything Gaslight in this one thread and forget segregating the different topics? Like you I have become frustrated with some of the stuff ive read on here but you get that with forums. I just come on once a day now (if that) where I used to check in two or three times a day.

Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:16 am

oh well hello lovers!

regardless of whether or not the join date matters, i think the heart of this thread is that people want this board to retain the sense of community that we had up until very recently, and i completely understand that.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:31 am

Laughing

No. Really... Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:32 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
From my point of view, it seems like the opposite, which is that the people who are acting up the most on here are the ones are not accepting the opinion of those who are supportive of the band.

"supportive" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:48 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

I agree with the previous person who put quotation marks around supportive....

That's kind of the point I wanted to make with this thread.... We're all incredibly supportive of the Gaslight Anthem and we all have various levels of feelings about different albums, songs, etc...

But the sense I've gotten recently on DSS is that unless you absolutely love EVERYTHING the band has ever done, then you're not much of a fan and as a result of this sentiment it appears members are qualifying their love for gaslight anthem by writing things like "I really love Gaslight Anthem, they're hte best band ever, but...."

People feeling like they're going to be judged on their level of fanhood if they don't write qualifying statements makes the board feel like less of a community and more of people trying to prove how big of fans they are, which kind've takes the point of having hte board away.

Nobody should have to prove their fanhood, we should simply be engaging in deep conversation about various topics concerning the band and not feel like we have to prove anything to anyone.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Admin:

I will lock this thread as it is not OK to exclude certain members of a forum no matter on which criteria. DSS is an open forum for all Gaslight Anthem fans regardless when they became a fan of the band or joined this forum.

If you want to have a private conversation please contact these persons via pm or use the chat function.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.   Thread for People who Joined here before 2011. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thread for People who Joined here before 2011.
Page 1 of 1