DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has anyone else already tried to get other people to listen to AS?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

Has anyone else already tried to get other people to listen to AS? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone else already tried to get other people to listen to AS?   Has anyone else already tried to get other people to listen to AS? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Today I suffered a major defeat in my endeavor to get other people to listen to American Slang.

So, there's this P.E. class, where the instructor let's us bring in our own CD's to play while we exercise, but usually no one does, and she usually just plays her own stuff (I've heard as bad as Lady Gaga when she chooses music).

Now, several weeks ago, I brought in just a mix CD of some TGA songs that I thought would be appropriate for a workout, and that seemed to go over well, so today I decided to bring in American Slang.

So the class starts, and while we're working out, she has the music playing so low you can hardly hear it. And she isn't even playing some of the songs all the way through (she played all of American Slang, half of Stay Lucky, and didn't even let Bring it On play to the chorus).

Then during a break, she asked me if any of the songs actually had a fast beat to work out to (Queen of Lower Chelsea just played, which probably brought out this criticism), so I told her some of the more up-tempo songs were coming up. But then the CD player "mysteriously" malfunctions when we start up again. It won't read the disk, which would have lead me to believe that my CD was the problem (if I hadn't just burned it the night before).

Her CD's played just fine, so it wasn't the CD player. And when I played my AS CD when I got back to my dorm, it worked too. I smell sabotage.

I mean, this woman forces us to listen to her pop bullshit, but she's completely intolerant of other people's music and doesn't even give it a chance. I guess some people just can't handle TGA. Good thing I only have one more week in that class.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else already tried to get other people to listen to AS?   Has anyone else already tried to get other people to listen to AS? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:13 pm

Ive not tried to get anyone to listen to it , i have one fiend who likes them so im guessing he will give it a listen. But i feel for your predicament , i used to work in a place where they played the same songs everyday and we are talking scrapings of the barrel crap pop songs. Also my high school had compulsory dance classes so it could be worse.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else already tried to get other people to listen to AS?   Has anyone else already tried to get other people to listen to AS? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:17 pm

Aw, that blows. I had a similar experience with my Lifehouse (yeah, I know) CD in the 5th grade during P.E.

...although I would be lying if I said I didn't find Lady Gaga appealing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else already tried to get other people to listen to AS?   Has anyone else already tried to get other people to listen to AS? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else already tried to get other people to listen to AS?
Page 1 of 1