DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lucero

Go down 
+65
Holland
bringiton_ty
B701
Klown
Paddy
dmcraig
EveryWordHandwritten
IrishNameAndAnInjury
40 Miler
Whiskey1
Jerseyrain
brucesboots
eagles1139
dss
CasanovaBaby90
JJW319
Jack
HighLonesome
LuceroDiehard
Rizz
randomhero78
Down by the Mersey
riversedge
DeathoftheCool
Phil Rockabill
NeverTrustAJunkie
Harbortown
I am Incinerator
spgilbert
swampdevil
Daire
sweetpaul
The Angry Johnny Revue
Grant Michael
drifter69
loazis
eddiecash
thecosmickid
TGAFAN25
Perry
massie1903
Rock bus
CluckyB
colmillionaire
simo
Angry Johnny
steph
Vibes
Prisoner
JoshRaymond
stephendgaf
tomttt
Asleepontheforestfloor
Stevearm
redd
Tiffiny
hostutca
TonyRockyHorror
Detroit
Forum Owner
neeve
Scott
Stalls_Standing
Jukebox Romeo
JadedGoober7
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:48 pm

bobbyw24 wrote:
I wanna hear this jam live

This was the song that sold me on Lucero.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:59 pm

This was the video that got me started up on them.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:
I wanna hear this jam live

This was the song that sold me on Lucero.

Me too.

I was bowled over by it. They can write like Jagger and jam like Duane and Gregg Allman did in 1971
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 8:03 am

LUCERO. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE.

by: Lorraine Schwartz

My introduction to Lucero was via The Gaslight Anthem's live cover of "The War", which they did on their 2010 American Slang tour. They brought out Tim Barry (who opened on a bunch of dates) to help sing the song and did an amazing job. It had very powerful lyrics that made me want to further check Lucero out, but as is usually the case with me (even with my early interest in Gaslight who have now basically become part of my bloodstream), I made a mental note to check them out, but then proceeded to drop the ball, getting distracted by other bands and life events. I still haven't checked out all of Alkaline Trio's stuff and have been meaning to for years.

Anyway, when I saw Lucero was on the bill for Warped Tour 2011, I made a point of going to see their set when I covered the Long Island date. I couldn't believe they were on a festival that included Black Veil Brides, Less Than Jake, Paramore and A Day To Remember. But I guess I'm a shining example of why- if I hadn't seen them there, I may not have been inclined to go see them on their own when they came back through town. So surely new fans were made on that tour besides me, proving the idea of playing Warped to be a good one.

By then I was a big fan of "Hey Darlin' Do You Gamble" from seeing it on YouTube during a quick search of their stuff. I was won over by the lyrics and rich Southern sound. But that, and "The War", were the only songs I knew. Of course stupid Long Island Saturday morning traffic caused me to be late to that concert, effectively making me miss half of Lucero's all too short set that afternoon. But I walked away so impressed from the little I saw, that I decided I would have to check out a full show of theirs sometime.

Read the rest:

http://life-from-the-front-row.blogspot.com/2012/05/lucero.html
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 9:19 am

Ok--this song is a tear-jerker what with Mothers' Day coming --and for me since my mom always wanted a girl but ended up with 4 boys

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 1:51 pm

LOL I was gonna post my link but I'm like- does this board really need to know the extent of my geekout this past week? Embarassed

Mom is a sweet song for sure!
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:31 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
LOL I was gonna post my link but I'm like- does this board really need to know the extent of my geekout this past week? Embarassed

Mom is a sweet song for sure!

Yep--semt it to my mom and many friends who are mothers who have sons

Hope to hear it at

Lucero - Page 10 427799_10150913370499459_36005974458_11722526_1435020305_n
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 4:38 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Just asked this on Twitter-
Is the character in The War happy to be alive or unhappy he's not in Paradise?

You do know the "character" is his grandpa, right? Also I don't think its really either. I think he just has a story to tell, nothing more.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 5:21 pm

Ok--I called the venue in St Augustine-- it holds fewer than 200 people.

Dun get any more intimate than that
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 5:24 pm

Yes I know it's his inspired by stories from his Grandfather.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 8:31 pm

What I wouldn't give for a high quality recording of Katherine & Me.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:24 am

FREE DOWNLOAD--LINK BELOW: The Ardent Sessions with Lucero

Download the mp3 here:

http://www.ardentstudios.com/musicblog/2009/08/18/ardent-sessions-lucero/

Lucero - Page 10 Ardent-Sessions-template

Ardent Studios is very proud to have hosted Lucero on their 10th Anniversary! Don’t miss this stellar performance which includes music from their entire catalog. Lead singer Ben Nichols guides us through some of the band’s earliest songs, latest gems and plays several heartfelt renditions of tunes that are rarely played live. Rick Steff, a member of the Memphis Rhythm Band that backed Cat Power on her breakout album “The Greatest“, joins the band on B3 organ, piano and accordion

Setlist:
01:02 All the Same to Me
05:01 Summer Song
09:01 What Else Would You Have Me Be
12:53 Nights Like These
16:43 I Can Get Us Out Of Here Tonight
21:11 Wasted
25:25 Hold Me Close
29:13 Ain’t So Lonely
32:57 Drink ‘Til We’re Gone
37:02 She’s Just That Kind of Girl
40:41 Nobody’s Darlins
43:57 She Wakes When She Dreams
48:32 When You Decided to Leave
52:28 All Sewn Up
56:46 It Gets the Worst at Night
61:07 Fistful of Tears

Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:54 pm

I learned about these guys for the first time last year at Warped Tour in Ventura, CA. They put on a great show! I absolutely loved their sound, so I bought 1372 Overton Park. How long have they been around?
Back to top Go down

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:15 pm

They've been around for 14years or so now. glad you dig em. one of the best bands.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:18 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
They've been around for 14years or so now. glad you dig em. one of the best bands.

I agree. Listened to them for only a few weeks. They are the bomb. Going to see them Wednesday night at the beach.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Some of the fans are too harsh on Women & Work. If you just skip Juniper you have a great, well-paced album that's still full-length.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:20 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:

Wow! That's quite a long time, I can't believe last summer was the first time I've heard of them... they're just so good.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:07 pm

Quick thoghts on LUCERO at ST AUGUSTINE BEACH 23 MAY 2012

I noted the Against Me! show poster saying they played this venue by the beach in 2005. Laura Jane Grace Gabel lives in St Aug beach so I was kinda hoping she'd stop buy and jump on stage . . They took the stage at like 10:30 with no intro at all. They put on a solid 2+ hour set that spanned their 9 CD catalog. Their rollicking intensity with an organ and a horn section rivaled the E Street Band. Like Dylan noted: they make their shows personal to the fans with whom they genuinely connect. Highlights included the anti-war song "The War" and "When I was Young," the song my 3 year old son sings along with when I am dirivng the mini van. After the show, they came off stage and walked thru the crowd -they had to since the small venue offered them no other options--but I am guessing they woulda done that any way. After the show we talked to the organist--a late 40s dude with a killer beard. I talked to singer/songwrite DearBen Nichols after that and discussed a Memphis artist whom we both know. I liked the show so much that Imma gonna get another helping to night in Orlando with my friend Joe. Another friend (and lawyer) didn't really know their music but pointed out that "Hey Darling to your Gamble" is a damn good song.
6 hours ago · Like · 1
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Pleased to hear you enjoyed your first Lucero experience, bobby. Did you recall if any songs from RR&SB were played that night?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 6:29 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
Some of the fans are too harsh on Women & Work. If you just skip Juniper you have a great, well-paced album that's still full-length.

Who are these fans? I have seen their message board and it's really not that active. Or at least the shows threads aren't.

Vixly- I'm with you. I didn't know of their wonderfulness until very recently. Sad

Bobby- Hey Darling... was the first song I heard by them and that was the one that got my attention. The keyboardist (with a magnificent beard) is Rick. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 7:46 pm

JohnnyC wrote:

In my opinion it's if you skip the track after Juniper, you'll have a good time.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:00 pm

JohnnyC wrote:

In my opinion it's if you skip the track after Juniper, you'll have a good time.

Who You Waitin' On is probably the only Lucero song I actually don't like. BUT Ben did this version on TV and I can get into it when he does it acoustic: https://youtu.be/urV4kPJCg10
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:09 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

Who You Waitin' On is probably the only Lucero song I actually don't like. BUT Ben did this version on TV and I can get into it when he does it acoustic: https://youtu.be/urV4kPJCg10

Cheers for showing me this but now it's just gonna make it worse whenever I hear the studio version of Who You Waitin' On when I know how good it can be like it is here. I'm pretty inclined to agree with you it's the only track I actively dislike. Also Ben looks bloody classy in this video, the king of cool.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:41 pm

He cleans up so nice, doesn't he Smile

Yeh when I saw that (and LOL at the cell phone going off), I was like- ok now THIS I can get on board with.

I also like Juniper live better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kjGU40zzAE I like that he doesn't draw out the word "Juniper" when it's live.

And I just now saw they did it acoustic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHaXB2WySoA which I can say I also like a lot better than the recorded version.

"Actively dislike" made me laugh for some reason. Like, this is in the now, and I do NOT like this song and probably will continue to dislike it tomorrow too.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:08 pm

I for one do not understand the hate on Juniper and for that matter W&W overall. Juniper is the most "bluesy" song they've ever done behind Dog Day Nights, and I wish they'd write dirty blues songs more often. And Women & Work is an incredible album, and I actually think it's the closest sounding thing to the fan favourite Tennessee they've ever done or ever will do. Honestly, It May Be Too Late, and I Can't Stand To Leave You wouldn't sound out of place at all on an early Lucero record.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lucero - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucero   Lucero - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lucero
Page 10 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next