DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You

Go down 
+2
A_Regular
LuceroDiehard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You Empty
PostSubject: The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You   The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Read more: http://entertainment.time.com/2012/07/26/the-gaslight-anthems-handwritten-is-about-you/#ixzz21kgDePle

"Although the band sounds like it’s holding back, Fallon sings with passion and gusto. He makes you feel something. When Fallon gets nostalgic, you get nostalgic. When he sings about passionately embracing his lover in a dark parking lot, pressed up against a car, you think about that one time you held someone close against your first jalopy. Fallon is just a guy like you and me, and that’s something universal we want in our idols, rock or otherwise. Handwritten houses some of Fallon’s strongest compositions to date, and while it ain’t punk, neither is The Gaslight Anthem. They’re full-on heartland rockers."

Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You   The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Me?????
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You   The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:01 pm

yep, that's what i think about the album.

it's a rock band on a major label - no more a punk band on an indie label
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You   The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:03 pm

hm. Idk why it took reading this for me to realize that when people ask me who they are, I can just call them an "amazing rock band". rather than an "amazing band that it sort of punk with some soul and idk just listen to them"
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You   The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:11 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
hm. Idk why it took reading this for me to realize that when people ask me who they are, I can just call them an "amazing rock band". rather than an "amazing band that it sort of punk with some soul and idk just listen to them"

I usually say Springsteen but faster and heavier, probably shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You   The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:15 pm

Hanswurst wrote:

Yeah it took me reading this review to kind of realize but totally agree. One of the better reviews yet.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You   The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:59 am

NYYFAN523 wrote:
Hanswurst wrote:

Yeah it took me reading this review to kind of realize but totally agree. One of the better reviews yet.

Certainly one of the more balanced reviews
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You   The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:19 am

I've never considered them to be a punk band. Heartland rockers is a perfect description. Well said.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You   The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:16 pm

A_Regular wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

I usually say Springsteen but faster and heavier, probably shouldn't.

Well that's up to you but as a diehard Springsteen fan I think that's very inaccurate. I don't see the connection at all besides imagery in the songwriting and even with that, the similarities only go so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You   The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten Is About You
Page 1 of 1