DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012

Go down 
+32
saltandburn1967
hostutca
Breanne
TheContender
DiamondSinatra
JJW319
IAmDisappeared
IKeeptheDiner
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
holdsteady82
Bea
azlisa
Zapuda
NYYFAN523
Shorestyle69
Steve70s
TGAforLIFE
redheadchick
'49mercury
A_Regular
Little Eden
ral
jdc
NeverTrustAJunkie
pleasepassthesoup
big blue
damianfazz007
Zach_Edelman
Shrewsbury_Stars
brianisbae
StitchesOnTheRadio
njguy99
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:30 pm

I'm gonna feel your pain soon west coast people. I'll be in LA when they do that East Coast tour in November/December. Sad

And don't worry they're ditching the Us again. Whatcha mean "give em back"? haha they're Americans, we are lending them to you Razz (jk)
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:33 pm

An Olympics-related note:

Fallon is scheduled to go on at 1:35am rather than 12:35am ET, because the opening ceremony is scheduled to run until midnight.

We can assume that time will be pretty firm, given that the opening ceremony will be on tape (it starts around 4pm ET) and I'm sure NBC does not want its cash-cow Jay Leno to start too late.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:02 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I'm gonna feel your pain soon west coast people. I'll be in LA when they do that East Coast tour in November/December. Sad

And don't worry they're ditching the Us again. Whatcha mean "give em back"? haha they're Americans, we are lending them to you Razz (jk)

Come on, we all know they wanna come and live in London!
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Does anyone who went to taping have an update on how it was? What did they play, how many songs, etc?
Back to top Go down
'49mercury
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
'49mercury

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:39 pm

HEY everyone, i was at the recording, they play 45.

IN a related note got to meet Alex, Alex, and Benny, really chill guys.
Back to top Go down
Shorestyle69
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Shorestyle69

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 11:32 pm

I had to work today, so i could not go, but a friend of mine did, and got Brian to sign a record for me! Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 425075_10151084898700379_938952499_n

Last edited by Shorestyle69 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/RByrne89
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 11:35 pm

'49mercury wrote:

I was there too! Where did you end up in the band bench area? Also how'd you meet them? I thought about hanging around but there were so many doors to that place I didn't bother. Did you see Alex R. bolt from the studio as soon as the cameras were off. He tried to go out the "this is not an exit" door, haha.

They are really chill. Although I have yet to actually meet Alex Levine. He's a tricky one.

It really sucks that Fallon doesn't air until like 1:30am tonight because of the Olympics. That's not gonna help the boys any with publicity because who's gonna stay up and watch it besides the fans? And some fans of the two guests.

It was so weird seeing them play from essentially Benny's POV.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 11:38 pm

So just one song?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
So just one song?

Yeah :/ no special bonus web only song.

It's gotta be so weird for them to just come out for one song like that. It was odd to walk down there for just the one song too (not that I'm complaining).
Back to top Go down
'49mercury
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
'49mercury

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:59 am

'49mercury wrote:

I was there too! Where did you end up in the band bench area? Also how'd you meet them? I thought about hanging around but there were so many doors to that place I didn't bother. Did you see Alex R. bolt from the studio as soon as the cameras were off. He tried to go out the "this is not an exit" door, haha.

They are really chill. Although I have yet to actually meet Alex Levine. He's a tricky one.

It really sucks that Fallon doesn't air until like 1:30am tonight because of the Olympics. That's not gonna help the boys any with publicity because who's gonna stay up and watch it besides the fans? And some fans of the two guests.

I ended up on the right side of the band and was closest to the stairs there. Me and my buddy stayed outside at the 50th street exit where we saw The Roots leave then we decided to stroll inside in case the went out the other exit then like ten minutes later the band emerged minus fallon. Word was fallon was in a bad mood today, and he bolted immediately after the performance. I did see Alex R try and go through that Not an exit door was was like dude, right on the door says not an exit lol! As we left i got to shake bennys hand (MAN IS HE TALL)

I was wearing a englishtown raceway park shirt and Benny and Alex L immediately noticed which was awesome for me.

Where were you during the taping??? Also hope you stay up for the show tonight Sleep lol!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:13 am

'49mercury wrote:
'49mercury wrote:

I ended up on the right side of the band and was closest to the stairs there. Me and my buddy stayed outside at the 50th street exit where we saw The Roots leave then we decided to stroll inside in case the went out the other exit then like ten minutes later the band emerged minus fallon. Word was fallon was in a bad mood today, and he bolted immediately after the performance. I did see Alex R try and go through that Not an exit door was was like dude, right on the door says not an exit lol! As we left i got to shake bennys hand (MAN IS HE TALL)

I was wearing a englishtown raceway park shirt and Benny and Alex L immediately noticed which was awesome for me.

Where were you during the taping??? Also hope you stay up for the show tonight Sleep lol!

I don't think Brian smiled once, at least not while he was facing us. Must of been having a rough day Sad Benny is freakin tall. I was right behind Benny, off to his left. I got a great spot haha.
Back to top Go down
'49mercury
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
'49mercury

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:20 am

'49mercury wrote:
'49mercury wrote:

I don't think Brian smiled once, at least not while he was facing us. Must of been having a rough day Sad Benny is freakin tall. I was right behind Benny, off to his left. I got a great spot haha.

I must have been right next to you then. Cause i was to Bennys left too! (i meant looking at the band i was on their right). Your right about Brian not smiling he really looked like he just wanted to get it done with. Regardless That was a AMAZING experience!

And did you catch a moment or two when you could like really hear all the band bench people singing along about halfway through, at one point it came though like really clearly and i was like damn this is cool
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:52 am

'49mercury wrote:
'49mercury wrote:
'49mercury wrote:

I must have been right next to you then. Cause i was to Bennys left too! (i meant looking at the band i was on their right). Your right about Brian not smiling he really looked like he just wanted to get it done with. Regardless That was a AMAZING experience!

And did you catch a moment or two when you could like really hear all the band bench people singing along about halfway through, at one point it came though like really clearly and i was like damn this is cool

I was on the lower of the two levels all the way to the left. Sally was to my right so you must have been next to her or something. or behind me. It was an amazing experience. and yeah that was awesome hearing everyone singing along. I heard us more than Brian at times.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:37 am

Haha Jimmy Fallon said Brian is his brother
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
Zapuda
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:42 am

You couldn't even hear Brians guitar. That was horrible.
Back to top Go down
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:06 am

I was there. It was an awesome performance and an awesome experience. Even though it was only one song, it was so worth it. I was the one in the Yankee hat right behind Benny pretty much (slightly to his right).
I also noticed Brian was in a weird mood today. Before the taping, another fan told me they asked Brian for an autograph on 49th St. and he said "this isn't a good time." Very strange to hear that Brain said that. He's usually all about the fans.
Then, after the taping, I was outside the 49th St. entrance and Brian walked out almost unnoticed until someone asked for an autograph. He did seem somewhat dazed and out of it. After signing a few autographs, he walked down 49th St. all alone, at a pretty fast pace. He suddenly came to a stop, looked at his phone, rolled his eyes, and walked down the opposite direction of 49th St. and then disappeared into 6th Ave. like a regular New Yorker.

Benny told me they were heading right up to Rochester immediately after the taping, so I was surprised when I saw Brian leave so without the band in such a hurry.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:49 am

[quote="StitchesOnTheRadio"]
'49mercury wrote:

were you wearing a blue v-neck?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:50 am

Zapuda wrote:

I definitely noticed something wrong with the guitar sound but shrugged it off since I don't know jack about guitars.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:52 am

yankeefan6493 wrote:
I was there. It was an awesome performance and an awesome experience. Even though it was only one song, it was so worth it. I was the one in the Yankee hat right behind Benny pretty much (slightly to his right).
I also noticed Brian was in a weird mood today. Before the taping, another fan told me they asked Brian for an autograph on 49th St. and he said "this isn't a good time." Very strange to hear that Brain said that. He's usually all about the fans.
Then, after the taping, I was outside the 49th St. entrance and Brian walked out almost unnoticed until someone asked for an autograph. He did seem somewhat dazed and out of it. After signing a few autographs, he walked down 49th St. all alone, at a pretty fast pace. He suddenly came to a stop, looked at his phone, rolled his eyes, and walked down the opposite direction of 49th St. and then disappeared into 6th Ave. like a regular New Yorker.

Benny told me they were heading right up to Rochester immediately after the taping, so I was surprised when I saw Brian leave so without the band in such a hurry.

wow, that's a bummer.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 6:08 am

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/the-gaslight-anthem-45-72712/1411570
Back to top Go down
Zapuda
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 am

azlisa wrote:
Zapuda wrote:

I definitely noticed something wrong with the guitar sound but shrugged it off since I don't know jack about guitars.

The mix was just really bad, which isn't uncommon for late night shows.

I noticed Brian changed the second Hey in the chorus to "I ache", and did come off as pretty angry during the song, makes sense based off of what everyone has said. I also noticed Ian wasn't there though I seem to remember him playing with them on Letterman, his guitar however was on a stand next to the Benny's drums where he usually stands.
Back to top Go down
holdsteady82
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:45 am

That does suck about Brian.....hope everything's all right. Maybe I was too focused on the show, but I didn't really notice him appearing angry or anything. I thought he had more movement and emotion in his voice though, especially compared to the Letterman 45 appearance, where he semed a bit standstill and sluggish. But I loved this performance! Now I only got to view it from my computer instead of "live" (I was so pissed as I fell asleep halfway through the show.......man was I upset when I woke up 20mins after the show was over knowing I missed it), but in comparison, I liked this version better than Letterman. Although, I will say that on Letterman the bass sounded incredible.

Btw, I thought Handwritten was there new single, considering there's a video out for it. Wonder why they didn't play Handwritten instead? That's actually what I was expecting them to play. Oh well though, 45 sounded great!
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:33 am

I wonder why Ian wasn't there. He was tweeting & putting pics up on Instagram during the day, including from the Fallon studios...

Quote :
perkins28 Finally got @wadebarrett onto Jimmy Fallon!!
Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 78aecc0ad80511e18b3e1231380f90e0_6
Back to top Go down
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
StateOfLoveAndGaslight

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:36 am

Just watched the show on the Fallon website, immediately noticed that Ian wasn't there and came here to find out why. Now that I think about it, Brian definitely seemed pissed off/upset about something, and given that Ian wasn't there at the show, but clearly was there earlier in the day, (and his guitar was exactly where it should have been), I'm guessing it had something to do with that.

Also there this from Brian's twitter earlier in the week:

Brian Fallon ‏@briangaslight

You know what rules? Coming home from tour and finding your refrigerator leaked through your basement ceiling! At 4am!!!!! #wahmbulance

Sounds like he's just having a rough week
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:37 am

Technically Handwritten is only currently a single in the UK, I believe. Either way, the way I see it is that song depends on 3rd guitar a little more than 45, thus being the reason if they couldn't play with Ian, that could've been a factor making them play 45.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next